Are you going to be an old(er) parent to young children?

Most of their friends' parents have always been considerably older, which made us the cool parents most of the time.
Whenever we attend school functions and I see the parents of my kids classmates'.

<{katwhu}>

I’m 41 and my wife (23) and I are expecting our first.

Taken a few days ago at about 14 weeks:
View attachment 488101

Was a hell of a feeling watching my kid letting go punches and kicks like crazy lol.
That's a good start, filling the uterus with uppercuts. Stay healthy and they'll both keep you young, the wife and the kid.

i had 2 kids in my 20s.

really loathe the newborn/infant stage but likely will have another.

I always wanted to be a younger parent but money and life doesn't seem to have led me to being such.

Oh well.

Had my first son recently and I'm 30. I could be a 40 year old tossing the pigskin with a 10 year old, why not.

I expect to be a 90 year old competing in triathalons anyway!

To answer your question... it was more realistic to be a parent in your 20s before the 90s when you could graduate high school, get a job right away, buy a home and retire, and your wife would've raised the kids without having to work.

Women got married and had babies on their 18th birthday.

Today, you gotta graduate attend grad school, get an internship, work hard and then make a reasonable amount of money. That's not easy in your 20s unless you come from money.

37 year old parent of a 16 and 9 year old

Love being young enough to get and enjoy some things

I have a 5 month old and can't imagine having the maturity I have now at 31 at 21 years old. My wife and me had our baby after we both got our careers going and settled down first.

No, I had my kids at 20 and 22. Plus adopted two girls who are 9 and 10 right now, with me being 27. So I’ll definately be one of the younger parents when my kids grow up, which is cool because I want my kids to have grandparents and great grandparents who are still alive. All of mine are already gone.

To answer your question... it was more realistic to ge a parent in your 20s before the 90s when you could graduate high school, get a job right away, buy a home and retire, and your wife would've raised the kids without having to work.

Today, you gotta graduate attend grad school, get an internship, work hard and then make a reasonable amount of money. That's not easy in your 20s unless you come from money.

Or learn a trade and not rack up student debt

It appears that people seem to think that being in your 20's is way too young to be parent these days(god fuck knows why).

Is it normal for the current generation of people to think that having kids when you are 30+ is the norm?

Yes, I actually think it's normal to think this way, because we are living longer as a species, and that means that all our stages in life become longer, including the age to conceive.

Wow it's weird reading some of this posts. Maybe it's different in the US, but where I live I barely know people my own age (27) that are married, much less with kids.

Mid 30's crew checking in, so when/if I have kids I'll be "old". I'm active and still enjoy getting out and doing shit though, so there shouldn't be an issue of being "boring" or "unrelatable" . At that point, I think relating to the 20-ish year old parents of their friends would be more of a problem.

I was gonna say something similar. Either that guy is full of shit or they do it way different where he’s at. I donated when I was in my 20s just for the laughs (the $400/ month wasn’t worth the aggravation) and because I didn’t have a gf at the time (you can’t be sexually active)

My roommate and I went together and they didn’t want him because he was 5’9.5”. He lied and said he was 5’11” which was the minimum I think, but they measure you barefoot on day 1.

The level of bullshit on the applications is absurd.

Unless you're 6'2" with an ivy league degree, no one's buying your swimmers.

I'll be in the middle I think. I'm 42 and my daughter is 10. Didn't wait because I thought the 20's were too young. It just took me this long to find a willing participant lol.

Back