How come nobody tried to mess with Mike Tyson in prison? He was only 5'10 and 215

Not Mike Tyson level of scary tho.

I dont think anyone is Mike Tyson scary, maybe Brock?

But Ken was an intimidating figure in his prime he was roided to the gills though, whats weird is he only weighed 210-215 pounds but looked to be 250. Im thinking he must have small bone structure because I remember he had really tiny ankles.
ce8d58977c072e116b8a04716f60ec54.jpg

hqdefault1.jpg

When people ask serious answers everyone here trolls them...

When people ask dumb questions like the OP... 3 pages of serious answers so far.

The Mayberry is weird.

And you have the nerve to call someones thread dumb

He said he was in general population, he didnt go to a white collar prison for stuff like tax evasion, he went to prison for rape,with other violent offenders, he said he was in there with real killers and gangsters he even said the aryan brotherhood was rooting for him and were telling him he will be champ again.

Answered your own dumb Q really.

Cos he was popular.

A huge celebrity, why the fuk would anyone wanna mess with iron mike.

he wouldve knocked them out cold and probably violently raped them

Mike was only 5 foot 10 and 215 pounds and had short arms. Mike said when he was in prison he never had anyone test him and claimed people were very nice to him giving him extra food and drinks because he was a simple guy and wasn't acting like a gangster. Do you buy this? I think Tyson probably got extra stuff because they feared him, but he claims nobody tried to test him in the pen.

I would expect someone to at least test him and size him up seeing how small he was, a lot of other fighters in the early UFC including Shamrock said tough guys in bars would try to size them up and say this guy aint so big I can take him.

Here is Mike right out of Prison he looked like a killer

American former World Heavyweight Boxing Champion Mike Tyson. In 2005 he said "I measured myself as 5ft 10in....I'm a f****** dwarf!" and again in 2013, "I'm only a small guy, I'm five foot ten"

maxresdefault.jpg

I found this video of Tysons hotel lobby brawl, where he knocked out 3 guys who tried to ask for his autograph but these guys at least tried to fight back.

Apparently you never watched one of Mr. Snipes greatest movies...

Supposedly based close to a true story.

Should check it out imo..

R.I.P.

Was your friend one of those guys who also claimed he could have wrecked Tyson as well?

It doesn't make sense nobody tried to test him though, Ken Shamrock said he got tested all the time when he was in the first UFCs, and Shamrock is a scary looking dude who was an all around fighter

I remember he told a story about how some big redneck guy saw him and said he was small and he could take him this was in the 90s
Ken Shamrock is a UFC fighter not a boxer.
So yea I could see Ken getting tested, since MMA guys are inferior to boxers.

I imagine most people, even those in prison, dont want to get deaded before they get out

But Ken was an intimidating figure in his prime he was roided to the gills though, whats weird is he only weighed 210-215 pounds but looked to be 250. Im thinking he must have small bone structure because I remember he had really tiny ankles.
ce8d58977c072e116b8a04716f60ec54.jpg

hqdefault1.jpg
Actually the more I look at these pics the less intimidating I find him.
I mean don't get me wrong, I'm sure he could fuck up a lot of people. But he also seems to try very hard to appear tough and scary. The pumped-up muscles, the mean-mugging... And as usual, that really diminishes the effect.

I dont think anyone is Mike Tyson scary, maybe Brock?
Can't really think of too many either. But yeah, Brock's not a bad choice.
I'd suggest Fedor's brother Alex. Or maybe that giant russian(?) wrestler, whose name I can't remember.

Because he could punch a hole through someone, especially with bare knuckles.

That's why.

2 reasons I can think of...

#2 - He's a Pro boxer. Even above average street fighters have zero chance against a talented boxer. Fucking forget the current heavyweight boxing champion of the world. Any asshole who took a shot would get ducked and blasted with his overhand right or uppercut in matter of a split second.... Done, brain damage.... Good night.

But prison, they use shanks, can grapple, kick, etc, etc, and are not limited to punches only. Plus Iron Mike be wearing clothes, so they can jacket wrestle him. How he get punches off? And they can gang up on Iron Mike if they wanted.

You know there's an interesting quote from Jeffrey Dahmer floating around who was Mike's cell mate while he was locked up:

"I look at that physique and I see raw power. I'd estimate he can bench 550+ raw easy and OHP 400+ raw. Judging by the thickness in his back I'm thinking he's a 700+ raw puller. If his legs are on par with his brutish upper body, then there's no doubt in my mind he squats 800+ raw. Mike Tyson could bend you into a human pretzel with one hand while completely satisfying your woman in a way you couldn't ever satisfy her with the other. Those frying pan hands and thick, powerful sausage fingers are capable of bringing absolute pleasure and unimaginable pain."

So yeah if Dahmer wouldn't mess with Mike I doubt anyone else would.

1. Oz isnt a documentary.

2. He was incredibly popular across race/class divides and even if you somehow managed to win (lolol) you'd probably gain more enemies than "cred".

Yeh, Prison probably is not as tough as people make it out to be. Unless you are already a lifer, why risk getting more time in prison, or sent to death row for doing something stupid like attacking another inmate and potentially killing them?

Funnily enough Dahmer was beaten to death by this guy:

ie6pg5l36dg11.jpg

m67h2u86ybty.jpg

Looks brutal doesn't it? Now imagine what Tyson would have done.

No way Dahmer shared cell with Iron Mike. And LOLZ, Dahmer is taller than Iron Mike.

Quit analyzing other dudes physiques it’s creepy as fuck

I like how the lady in the video calls him "an explosive Tyson"

Racist mark ass bitch

Mike was only 5 foot 10 and 215 pounds and had short arms. Mike said when he was in prison he never had anyone test him and claimed people were very nice to him giving him extra food and drinks because he was a simple guy and wasn't acting like a gangster. Do you buy this? I think Tyson probably got extra stuff because they feared him, but he claims nobody tried to test him in the pen.

I would expect someone to at least test him and size him up seeing how small he was, a lot of other fighters in the early UFC including Shamrock said tough guys in bars would try to size them up and say this guy aint so big I can take him.

Here is Mike right out of Prison he looked like a killer

American former World Heavyweight Boxing Champion Mike Tyson. In 2005 he said "I measured myself as 5ft 10in....I'm a f****** dwarf!" and again in 2013, "I'm only a small guy, I'm five foot ten"

maxresdefault.jpg

I found this video of Tysons hotel lobby brawl, where he knocked out 3 guys who tried to ask for his autograph but these guys at least tried to fight back.

Prisons are probably representative of the general population, and in Mike primes most americans were probably around 5'9". So Mike not be timid and weak looking to most people in prison.

Asky yourself, why would I want to fuck with Mike Tyson?

Like, what is it going to get you that you couldn't get elsewhere with much less effort?

Ok, here’s what I know; I used to lift with a guy who had been in prison with Tyson at Westville Indiana. I asked him how it went for Tyson in there; he said he mostly kept to himself and was a pretty nice, laid back guy. He claimed nobody really ever tried to mess with him, but did say that there were some monsters in there who would’ve wrecked Tyson. We trained together for a couple years and I never knew him to be a bullshitter, so I assume he was telling the truth.

He may not be a bullshitter but how would he know if there were guys there that would wreck Tyson? If we're like talking about shanking him from behind or some shit then they may have had a chance but if there were monsters in Tyson's prison that were capable of beating Tyson, then that means there are monsters in every prison that are capable of beating Tyson. Which means that there are ex prisoners all over the place that are capable of being HW champs but we don't see anything like that so I'm not buying it. There may have been guys that were big as shit and could fight but they're getting floored in seconds if they went toe to toe with him.

But prison, they use shanks, can grapple, kick, etc, etc, and are not limited to punches only. Plus Iron Mike be wearing clothes, so they can jacket wrestle him. How he get punches off? And they can gang up on Iron Mike if they wanted.

Yeh, Prison probably is not as tough as people make it out to be. Unless you are already a lifer, why risk getting more time in prison, or sent to death row for doing something stupid like attacking another inmate and potentially killing them?

No way Dahmer shared cell with Iron Mike. And LOLZ, Dahmer is taller than Iron Mike.
none of that matters. Tyson was untouched in prison because the NoI protected him. If he was unaffiliated, he would be a mark for someone trying to make a name for himself. From what I've heard, the NoI no longer has the clout they once did in prison but back then they were still formidable.

Back