• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

News Dana says Conor will earn title shot with win over #9 ranked Cerrone

I think almost everyone understands this. This situation though is a bit unusual with at least 4 deserving people having been held up up for title shots for years. 1 win getting you back when one win got you there in the first place after the 145 fiasco is an insult to the guys who are almost hitting the fucking double digits and not getting them.

It means nothing. Conor fights once or twice per year. Winning against Cerrone (which may not even occur until fourth of July weekend, I'd wager) would stack him up for a title shot on new year's or around then. Plenty of time for two title fights before him.

Oh, but that's right... Khabib is more inactive than anyone in the UFC and is a premadonna....

1. Ferg - 11 straight wins.
3. Dustin - 9-1-1 in his last 11
4. Iaquinta - 6-1 in his last 7
5. Lee - 6-2 in his last 8

9. Cerrone - 3-4 in his last 7 fights, suffered three knockouts, aging and chin cracking

Cerrone is 9-1 in his last 10 LW fights losing only to the champ RDA.
#9 is bullshit

Cerrone is 9 because he has been a fucking WW for a long time.

The body of work he put at LW plus haven taken a young up and comer in his last fight should be enough for him to put him in a #1 contender fight.

You fucking crybabies

It means nothing. Conor fights once or twice per year. Winning against Cerrone (which may not even occur until fourth of July weekend, I'd wager) would stack him up for a title shot on new year's or around then. Plenty of time for two title fights before him.

Oh, but that's right... Khabib is more inactive than anyone in the UFC and is a premadonna....

Not defending Khabib. Sick how he explicitly said he would not do this and yet he's going to do this anyway.

Do you really believe there will be two title fights before Khabib v Conor II if Conor wins against Cowboy?

Lol Cowboy is no joke and can absolutely beat Conor if he takes him down.

Why should he fight lee? Or al? Neither of those fighters have really done anything to earn that kind of fight and they probably shouldn’t be ranked that high.

I want tony vs khabib and the only other fight out there for Conor would be Dustin and he already smashed him. Doesn’t matter what Conor does, you guys will hate.

Sad how Conor needs this sort of artificial push to get to the front of the line. His legacy as a fighter is sinking lower and lower.
What legacy? He beat Aldo, lost to Diaz, lost to Khabib. Talk about overrated.

Is this a joke? Why can't he earn it against a top 5, or better yet Ferg, who wants a red panty night and is now being shelved until next November?

1. Ferg - 11 straight wins.
3. Dustin - 9-1-1 in his last 11
4. Iaquinta - 6-1 in his last 7
5. Lee - 6-2 in his last 8

9. Cerrone - 3-4 in his last 7 fights, suffered three knockouts, aging and chin cracking

While I don't agree with the title shot for Conor McGregor even being a big fan Cerrone is 9 and 2 in his last 11 fights at lightweight . Him losing fights against tough guys at welterweight shouldn't really be held against him

Money, money, money! All about dat bottom line.

Not defending Khabib. Sick how he explicitly said he would not do this and yet he's going to do this anyway.

Do you really believe there will be two title fights before Khabib v Conor II if Conor wins against Cowboy?

No, I don't. I was just making a point that it isn't Conor's schedule which is the problem here - it's Khabib, who had been an inactive talker since his joining the UFC.

yeah, let's act like we don't know that already...
told you not to root for that fight

You're fucking high if you don't think Conor had a relatively easy road to two belts lol, he didnt have to face anyone in either division before getting a crack at the belt ... getting an auto title shot @ 155 was even more ridiculous than getting a 145 shot for beating fucking poirier and siver.
you're clearly blinded by hate, didn't have to beat anyone at 145?

beat brimage who was 3-0 in the UFC, beat a good prospect in holloway, beat brandao who's always dangerous in the 1st round, he gave poirier his first knockout loss and made it look easy, he took the siver fight as a warmup like i said, and he finished mendes who was the # 2 or # 3 guy. finished all of them except for holloway.

and like i said..again... he dusted the at the time # 1 P4P guy in aldo in 13 seconds so i don't see the problem with the 155 shot at RDA.

Last edited:
you're clearly blinded by hate, didn't have to beat anyone at 145?

beat brimage who was 3-0 in the UFC, beat a good prospect in holloway, beat brandao who's always dangerous in the 1st round, he gave poirier his first knockout loss and made it look easy, he took the siver fight as a warmup like i said, and he finished mendes who was the # 2 or # 3 guy. finished all of them except for holloway.

and like i said..again... he dusted the at the time # 1 P4P guy in aldo in 13 seconds so i don't see the problem with the 155 shot at RDA.

They wanted Conor to win the LW title for monetary reasons. Which is obvious, and fine, but don't act like there was any justification from a merit standpoint.

He wasn't coming off a KO of Aldo at FW. He was coming off going 1-1 vs Nate Diaz at 170, getting stopped the first time and winning a majority dec in the rematch. Not exactly riding a wave of momentum. Meanwhile you had another guy who fought the same month who was on an EIGHT FIGHT winning streak in the division we are talking about. The division where Conor hadn't even fought yet. If things were actually merit based, you'd have swapped Ferguson and Conor in November of 2016. Ferguson would have fought Eddie for the belt, Conor would have fought RDA (who was coming off the KO loss to Eddie). Conor got that title shot because of his name and the economics of it. Which, again, is fine. Just don't delude yourself into thinking he earned it in the cage. Tony should have been fighting for the title, even back then.

"Earn" lol.

Conor has never "earned" a title shot in his career, why would they start making him fight and beat top contenders for a shot now?

Well he earnes his 145 shot. But after that its been farce

Can you imagine if Cerrone actually knocks him out ? I mean he is definitely a few years past his prime but he can still scrap, his slow starting style is perfect for Connor to just drop his ass tho

Back