Sage will make the biggest mistake ever signing with ONE, and he will

They will offer him money he can't refuse, but he will be forgotten there and possibly defeated by some of the bums they will throw at him, ruining his career early on.

That's what greed gives to you. You shouldn't have stopped attenting your christian classes, Sage.

Edit: it happened, greed got the better of him. He lacks the chin this early, does terribly against wrestlers. He will never come back to ufc, his already weak chin will become a touch button by then...

I wouldn't say his chin is weak because of that massive blow he took. I think that punch would have taken a lot of people out. Though, this is definitely how chins get ruined and can be the start of a downward fall

I wouldn't say his chin is weak because of that massive blow he took. I think that punch would have taken a lot of people out. Though, this is definitely how chins get ruined and can be the start of a downward fall
The main problem is he reacted poorly to Cosmo cutting off the cage. With experience, he should learn to react better, although some fighters never do. As far as I can tell, his chin is about average, neither iron nor glass.

Lol first punch the guy threw. Now that's a true one punch knockout.

Cosmo did look noticeable bigger than Sage though.

Those ONE boys make UFC competitors in the same weight class look like they're in a divison below them. Run all the race fuel you want, take all the diuretics you want, IV up, and get in the cage looking like they could win a smaller bodybuilding show right after the fight.

The main problem is he reacted poorly to Cosmo cutting off the cage. With experience, he should learn to react better, although some fighters never do. As far as I can tell, his chin is about average, neither iron nor glass.

Yep. The guy cut him on a bad angle and had him completely distracted with those 3-4 feints he showed from different shoulders and hips and then just unloaded a big right. He isn't Mark Hunt, but it was the tactical maneuvers which opened him up and those were most significant.

He tapped to position vs BB and got choked out by Mickey Gall. I don't know anyone is acting like this says anything about the UFC. And for some bizarre reason the fight was at 185.

The UFC has so many cards now that tons of guys who would never get into the organization in the past are able to be UFC fighters. Especially someone like Sage that Dana would love.

Doesn't say shit about the UFC. Anymore than Alvarez losing, who is definitely faded and why he's fighting in ONE.

Last edited:
He tapped to position vs BB and got choked out by Mickey Gall. I don't know anyone is acting like this says anything about the UFC. And for some bizarre reason the fight was at 185.

The UFC has so many cards now that tons of guys who would never get into the organization in the past are able to get fights. Especially someone like Sage that Dana would love.

Doesn't say shit about the UFC. Anymore than Alvarez who is definitely faded and why he's fighting in ONE.
The fact that Sage was let go by the UFC actually says a lot.

<seedat>

Same goes for Eddie.

The fact that Sage was let go by the UFC actually says a lot.

<seedat>

Same goes for Eddie.

Exactly. UFC has pretty much the top 20 in the world in every division with a few exceptions who they stupidly let Bellator outbid them for. UFC fighters are cut and then lose in other promotions all the time. Don't know why people are making such a big deal about it.

Last edited:

The UFC has so many cards now that tons of guys who would never get into the organization in the past are able to get fights. Especially someone like Sage that Dana would love.

Doesn't say shit about the UFC. Anymore than Alvarez losing, who is definitely faded and why he's fighting in ONE.
ONE has a policy against cutting water weight. Sage walks around closer to 185 than 170. Maybe his next fight there will be 170 after he makes some adjustments to his weight.

It was at 185? Damn

<6>Poor sage but Karate is known for those low hands

It was at 185? Damn

Yeah. ONE FC uses some kind of bizarre no weight cutting rule which doesn't make sense, since no one is walking around exactly at 155, 170, 185 etc...

But sage who was a LW in the UFC is a 185 WW in ONE FC. Crazy.

ONE has a policy against cutting water weight. Sage walks around closer to 185 than 170. Maybe his next fight there will be 170 after he makes some adjustments to his weight.

It seems unclear exactly how they do that. They weigh you when you accept the fight and then you can't lose a certain amount before the fight, but have to weigh exactly 170 or something like that? They weigh you a week before the fight and you to be the same? It's crazy. Everyone trains different. People are always going to lose weight in training camp, some a lot of weight. That's always been my issue with people who hate weight cutting. I don't get how you can tell fighters how much weight they can lose in camp.

This thread is hilarious, & has gotten completely off topic lol. First, I think Sage might be gay, nothing wrong with that, but he probably doesn't even care about getting pussy. Second, even if we assume he's not gay, a guy that looks like Sage can get beautiful women of any colour, in North America or anywhere in the world. There are plenty of Asians, Latinas, whites, blacks, etc in North America. Pretty sure his decision had nothing to do with women & came down to money & he probably thought he would be champion over there, whereas he would never become champ in the UFC.

It seems unclear exactly how they do that. They weigh you when you accept the fight and then you can't lose a certain amount before the fight, but have to weigh exactly 170 or something like that? They weigh you a week before the fight and you to be the same? It's crazy. Everyone trains different. People are always going to lose weight in training camp, some a lot of weight. That's always been my issue with people who hate weight cutting. I don't get how you can tell fighters how much weight they can lose in camp.
Basically they monitor you during training camp and see how much you weigh and what your hydration levels are and you have to stay within those guidelines. Effectively you can't cut more than 5% of your body weight. 185 is close to Sage's optimal fighting weight, although of course in the UFC and other organizations without weight cutting restrictions, he'd be fighting at 170 or even 155.

This thread is hilarious, & has gotten completely off topic lol. First, I think Sage might be gay, nothing wrong with that, but he probably doesn't even care about getting pussy. Second, even if we assume he's not gay, a guy that looks like Sage can get beautiful women of any colour, in North America or anywhere in the world. There are plenty of Asians, Latinas, whites, blacks, etc in North America. Pretty sure his decision had nothing to do with women & came down to money & he probably thought he would be champion over there, whereas he would never become champ in the UFC.
FWIW, he's been romantically linked to actress/model Bella Thorne. Probably not gay, he just has that twink look.

Basically they monitor you during training camp and see how much you weigh and what your hydration levels are and you have to stay within those guidelines. Effectively you can't cut more than 5% of your body weight. 185 is close to Sage's optimal fighting weight, although of course in the UFC and other organizations without weight cutting restrictions, he'd be fighting at 170 or even 155.

Sounds complicated. As I said, everyone trains different and for different periods of time. From what I understand, they let Ngyuen challenge for the title in 3 different divisions, which makes no sense with their weight cutting policy. Sounds like some shady shit really. Regardless, Sage shouldn't be fighting at 185. Everyone should expect to lose at least 10-15 lbs before a fight. Some a lot more and it's not dangerous, but their body type. Just seems weird to me to regulate that.

FWIW, he's been romantically linked to actress/model Bella Thorne. Probably not gay, he just has that twink look.

Eww. Bella Thorne? Like the chick who dates those YouTube freaks? I thought Christian Sage would have higher standards than that.

Yep, he has a gf.
12141560_834496200000960_4246529692267220637_n.0.jpg
FOX's When Good Genetics Goes Wrong

Exactly. UFC has pretty much the top 20 in the world in every division with a few exceptions who they stupidly let Bellator outbid them for. UFC fighters are cut and then lose in other promotions all the time. Don't know why people are making such a big deal about it.

Agreed. Demetrius Johnson is not top 20.

But sage who was a LW in the UFC is a 185 WW in ONE FC. Crazy

Cosmo was a LW in Bellator.

Back