Sage will make the biggest mistake ever signing with ONE, and he will

Agreed. Demetrius Johnson is not top 20.

Cosmo was a LW in Bellator.

Yeah. One of the exceptions to the world's best being in the UFC. The flyweight GOAT they don't give a shit about in the division the UFC fan base never stops complaining about (rightfully) and UFC will likely get rid of soon. That totally defeats my argument.

The best fighters in every weight class in the world are in the UFC with few exceptions. Other organizations get the leftovers or the people the UFC just doesn't care to have and are content to remain big fish in a small pond by staying there.

ONE has the first or second best 125 (or 135 in ONE I don't know) dude in the world. For what it's worth.

Sounds complicated. As I said, everyone trains different and for different periods of time. From what I understand, they let Ngyuen challenge for the title in 3 different divisions, which makes no sense with their weight cutting policy. Sounds like some shady shit really. Regardless, Sage shouldn't be fighting at 185. Everyone should expect to lose at least 10-15 lbs before a fight. Some a lot more and it's not dangerous, but their body type. Just seems weird to me to regulate that.
I can't say if it was corruption that allowed Martin Nguyen to compete in 3 weight classes or just that he was able to do it without dehydrating beyond acceptable levels. I don't think anyone can say for sure who isn't them, but it's good to be skeptical and it'd be nice if investigative journalists would look into it...

Eww. Bella Thorne? Like the chick who dates those YouTube freaks? I thought Christian Sage would have higher standards than that.
Sage dated her first before she rebelled and went crazy. Probably popped her cherry.

giphy.gif

This thread is hilarious, & has gotten completely off topic lol. First, I think Sage might be gay, nothing wrong with that, but he probably doesn't even care about getting pussy. Second, even if we assume he's not gay, a guy that looks like Sage can get beautiful women of any colour, in North America or anywhere in the world. There are plenty of Asians, Latinas, whites, blacks, etc in North America. Pretty sure his decision had nothing to do with women & came down to money & he probably thought he would be champion over there, whereas he would never become champ in the UFC.
<Dylan><Huh2><{MindBrown}>

Those ONE boys make UFC competitors in the same weight class look like they're in a divison below them. Run all the race fuel you want, take all the diuretics you want, IV up, and get in the cage looking like they could win a smaller bodybuilding show right after the fight.
Watching fighters known from before fighting in ONE going over there and looking smaller is really shining a light on the whole “hydrated weight classes” sham. They guys talking about no longer having to cut weight are the ones looking small, too. I can’t wait to see a picture of Bi Nguyen next to Angela Lee.

When I wrote the message you responded to, Cosmo wasn't even signed with ONE....and this his first WW fight IIRC
the boys were fighting at middleweight (84kg/185lb). Its just called ONE Welterweight.
I don't believe that ONE manage their weight cut malarky such that the fighters don't still cut weight.

Everyone in ONE is roided to the gills
seems that way. Sage and Eddie should've taken another 6 months to really start seeing the benefit of some PED cycling.
DJ got through OK because he is GOAT-level.
I expect a better showing from Eddie and Sage next outing. Sage also should've avoided the ring for his first bout, especially given his karate style is highly reliant on movement. The size and format of the ring severely restrict one of his biggest advantages.

They will offer him money he can't refuse, but he will be forgotten there and possibly defeated by some of the bums they will throw at him, ruining his career early on.

That's what greed gives to you. You shouldn't have stopped attenting your christian classes, Sage.

Edit: it happened, greed got the better of him. He lacks the chin this early, does terribly against wrestlers. He will never come back to ufc, his already weak chin will become a touch button by then...
Props for being right.

They will offer him money he can't refuse, but he will be forgotten there and possibly defeated by some of the bums they will throw at him, ruining his career early on.

That's what greed gives to you. You shouldn't have stopped attenting your christian classes, Sage.

Edit: it happened, greed got the better of him. He lacks the chin this early, does terribly against wrestlers. He will never come back to ufc, his already weak chin will become a touch button by then...
Lol, so he was defeated by the first "bum" he fought in One despite going 6-2 against "UFC Caliber" opponents... That's pretty weird no?

Oh and for the record chins don't normally get better with time, lol.

All you've "proven" here is once again debunking the myth of "UFC caliber", good job!

Yeah. ONE FC uses some kind of bizarre no weight cutting rule which doesn't make sense, since no one is walking around exactly at 155, 170, 185 etc...
This is a bogus argument. People don't exist in discrete weight increments regardless if weight-cutting is allowed or not. Weight-cutting just masks the issue, because two guys both weigh-in at the limit of the class, but effectively are mismatched by weight in the cage. Forbidding weight-cutting, IF truly enforced, just uncovers this fact and makes it evident at weigh-ins. They simply skip the dehydration process, but the end result is the same (except for fighters who used to cut across multiple division).

the boys were fighting at middleweight (84kg/185lb). Its just called ONE Welterweight.
I don't believe that ONE manage their weight cut malarky such that the fighters don't still cut weight.

They do. They take it very seriously because their fighter died from weight cut.
They jumped all their weight categories 10lb higher, and have strict policy for walk out weight.

There is a reason why LW Alvarez and Aoki fight there @170, WW Askren fought @185, Mighty Mouse @135....

Back