Media Colby Suspicious of Robbie Lawler's Physique Change - "It doesn't make sense"

I actually agree with him, when I saw Robbie in the cage being announced vs Askren looking jacked my immediate thought was he cycled during his time off to help heal that knee injury. You don't tend to get more jacked when you're pushing 40 unless you have some chemical assistance.

they do test for it. Dana is a moron

WADA literally publish full test data every year. We know exactly how many times the EPO test was run on MMA samples

I know you know your testing results. Thanks for the info. I believed the red goof and have been worried about a couple of my favs.

been tested both in pre and present passed all of them wtf

I respect your opinion but in this day and age I think there would be tons of concrete evidence to back that up. There isn't though, just a lot of conspiracy theories. I do think that back in the day far more people used PED's but it was indirectly encouraged back then. I really believe the majority of athletes look the way they do and perform the way they do because of their genetics, which is what got them to the top of the heap in the first place.

Just my opinion though, but I believe it completely. We are both on opposite ends of the spectrum with this so I guess we can agree to disagree.

There is always room for dissenting opinions :)

That said when an entire country gets banned from the Olympics for ongoing PED use spanning decades (the vast majority of which never tested positive) it makes you wonder just which athletes are clean.

It seems like MMA fans' willingness to suspect a fighter of PEDs is inversely proportional to how much they like them.
Lawler has a lot of fans.

True and I'm one of them but honestly, I just assume most guys are on gear anyway just some look more like they do than others.

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/7/25/...bbie-lawlers-fountain-youth-doesnt-make-sense

“I think in his last fight, when he fought Ben Asscream and he left him for dead and he knocked him out in his first round, he looked physically better than he’s looked in his whole entire career,” Covington told Submission Radio. “So, I don’t want to point to science or other things, but you would think at that age he wouldn’t look as good as he looks.”

Lawler (28-13, 1 NC) turned 37 back in March and while he looks as good as ever, his performances have not kept pace. “Ruthless” dropped three of his last four and did not complete at all in 2018.

“I mean, I trained with the guy in his prime, in his early 30’s, and you’re gonna tell me in his late 30’s he looks better than he’s ever looked his whole entire career?” Covington asked. “And this is after he’s taken the most significant strikes in UFC history. This is after all the wars he’s put his body through. And then just all of a sudden he’s just on some super potion and he just looks better than ever? You know, let’s be honest guys, it doesn’t make sense. I’m gonna let the people be the judge of that. But I mean, let’s be honest guys, you don’t just in your late 30’s all of a sudden just have a fountain of youth and you’re just stronger and better than you’ve ever been in your whole entire career.”

You can hate Colby all you want but what he said here is straight facts haha

colby might be a pro mma fighter, but he knows very very little about what can be done at certain ages...especially when it comes to looking good, bodybuilding, etc....guys that have been working out their entire lives, starting in their early teens, can look at their all time best near 40..whether that makes sense or not, it happens all the time...colby is acting as if robbie is 60...haha

Many things can contribute to someone "looking better" doesn't matter the age...better nutrition...more focus on bodybuilding type exercises...good program...maybe more of a focus on strength and conditioning for this camp..who knows....guys get too caught up in, "age"

BJ was sometimes too lazy to train, not to mention taking steroids
He belived in his natural talent above everything else
Hunto-san is also clean, 99%

And the Diaz brothers...

I also doubt Diego Sanchez would ever juice. The guy is an absolute health nut.

Unfortunately, as a fan of Lawler since the early days I’ve always thought it was a little funny that he all of a sudden hit this really late career resurgence and looked physically amazing doing so. I’ve always loved watching the guy, but I can admit that it’s a little funny.
It doesn’t help that the camps he frequented all happened to have a good amount of guys pop.

has this guy ever tested positive??

colby might be a pro mma fighter, but he knows very very little about what can be done at certain ages...especially when it comes to looking good, bodybuilding, etc....guys that have been working out their entire lives, starting in their early teens, can look at their all time best near 40..whether that makes sense or not, it happens all the time...colby is acting as if robbie is 60...haha

Testosterone level drop off is the main issue though. And I wouldn't use bodybuilding as a litmus test for "clean" contestants given steroids have been rampant in bodybuilding for decades.

I assume you also realize that training to look good and training to be a functional combat athlete involve a very different training regime.

has this guy ever tested positive??

He has never tested positive but his T levels were way off for the Rory fight. That's not indicative of guilt (and I am a Robbie fan) but even rory commented on them.

If he's just started lifting, on top of all his other cardio conditioning, its not all that surprising that he suddenly looks more ripped.

At 37 yeah, he'll be declining but not hard to still look good at that age (genetics allowing).

you're not declining at 37. not nowadays...especially when it comes to physique, appearance wise.

There is always room for dissenting opinions :)

That said when an entire country gets banned from the Olympics for ongoing PED use spanning decades (the vast majority of which never tested positive) it makes you wonder just which athletes are clean.

nobody is passing olympic drug testing anymore, if they use...that happened years ago...not now.

Called it.

They are testing certain fighters and tipping off the other like in every major sport the players are tested and are simply allowed to know the dates they are being tested. (Imo)

I knew it... and it cost me a fortune. Let's just say he's short and has cornrows.

Won't matter. Robbie has no gas for Colby's style he will gas out after 1. He better get the job done very quickly.

He won't. Not even close. And do not bet on Max or Cyborg right now. Like I said earlier in the week. UFCESPN is the Wild West now.

Testosterone level drop off is the main issue though. And I wouldn't use bodybuilding as a litmus test for "clean" contestants given steroids have been rampant in bodybuilding for decades.

I assume you also realize that training to look good and training to be a functional combat athlete involve a very different training regime.

yes...functional and bodybuilding are completely different...

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/7/25/...bbie-lawlers-fountain-youth-doesnt-make-sense

“I think in his last fight, when he fought Ben Asscream and he left him for dead and he knocked him out in his first round, he looked physically better than he’s looked in his whole entire career,” Covington told Submission Radio. “So, I don’t want to point to science or other things, but you would think at that age he wouldn’t look as good as he looks.”

Lawler (28-13, 1 NC) turned 37 back in March and while he looks as good as ever, his performances have not kept pace. “Ruthless” dropped three of his last four and did not complete at all in 2018.

“I mean, I trained with the guy in his prime, in his early 30’s, and you’re gonna tell me in his late 30’s he looks better than he’s ever looked his whole entire career?” Covington asked. “And this is after he’s taken the most significant strikes in UFC history. This is after all the wars he’s put his body through. And then just all of a sudden he’s just on some super potion and he just looks better than ever? You know, let’s be honest guys, it doesn’t make sense. I’m gonna let the people be the judge of that. But I mean, let’s be honest guys, you don’t just in your late 30’s all of a sudden just have a fountain of youth and you’re just stronger and better than you’ve ever been in your whole entire career.”

You can hate Colby all you want but what he said here is straight facts haha

Lawler has been a pro fighter for 20 fucking years, its no mystery what fighters have been doing especially in and from that era

Colby is even more of bitch for playing dumb, does this clown actually fight?

The second someone has low body fat or a vein is showing the guy is on steroids.

Jesus. Yes the majority of the world do not train or they do but its fucking soft. They don't watch their diet. They think they do but they don't at all. They don't train high high level MMA. They bro pump for 20 minutes, drink all weekend and most of the week, eat shit ass carbs constantly and the guys who do the shit the right way, committed to it for life are fucking cheating.

Stupid. Lawler doesn't having anything on his physique that is out of the world unnatural. Hate to break it to you. Go ahead and type back but I'd wash your hands first you don't want to get Cheeto dust and fuck up Mom's Lenovo she worked so hard to buy for solitaire and for you to Sherdog with.

Back