• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PBP UFC 240 Holloway vs Edgar: Main Card PBP Discussion - 10:00pm ET/7:00pm PT

Volkanovski appears to be a future commentator. Looks natural with the Mic

@Soul On Ice @FrontNakedChoke @Frank McEdgar

{<hhh]

tenor.gif

Edit: @fortheo lol

Only got to see the 5th round

Did Edgar have any takedowns or solid attempts?

Volk destroys Max
He’s bigger
Stronger
Hits harder
Has a better chin
Than Edgar

I don’t want to hear anyone talk about a McGregor rematch. DUDE blocks shots with his face
I have to somehow agree. I can definitely see Volkanovski overpowering Max and pinning him to the cage for a unanimous decision.

Frankie looked slow, predictable essentially, Frankie looked like the typical WMMA fighter. Max should have finished this fight.

Max has gaping holes with his striking and strength. Somebody in his camp needs to realize this and fix it. It is clear to me that the size disadvantage wasn't the only reason Poirier beat him. There was also a skill disadvantage.

For example, were are the oblique kicks to the knee of a smaller fighter? This is how Jon Jones stops opponents from getting inside the pocket, and sets them up for a high-kick. Where are the TD attempts to confuse the opponent? Where are the power shots?

Max has a lot of things to fix.

Anik, "Since you dominated Aldo"...

These fucking shills, lol

frankie did all he could, hes just too old for fights like that against elite fighters

idk whats next for him. maybe he can fight KZ since that fight never happened. or maybe he can try to avenge that ortega loss

damn, never been a frankie fan but have always respected the guy's toughness and heart. he really doesn't wear damage well, and he should retire
he's got a family to raise at this point

37 is pretty damn old at the smaller weights where they get hit so often in each fight, longer fights, faster, more technical arguably , than the heavyweights who often get sparked out with one punch inside fifteen minutes and fight well past forty on average without a problem.

Listening to Volk right now, I kind of like his chances. In all reality, Volk is like the next variation of a Frankie Edgar type of fighter. He has better kicks and Max literally checked 0 from Frankie, he carries more power, and has the cardio to go.

Not sure he can handle when Max pours it on honestly, not sure many can at 145, but, that is gonna be another great fight.

Back