PBP UFC 240 Holloway vs Edgar: Main Card PBP Discussion - 10:00pm ET/7:00pm PT

Rogan is absolutely fucking garbage at this point. Also, Volk who is great like Aldo, dominated his ass in a point fight, apparently, lol

Had him winning against Ben obviously but it’s his own fault for getting too used to coasting.
He was basically a bantamweight fighting a large LW lol. He has some things going against him and still should have won 4-1. Benson was the king of coasting and still took every decision

Max's lack of volume was a serious problem. He landed some heavy shots, but never went for the finish.

Your comment is big contradiction.. plodding forward isn't engsging??

No it isn’t. I can tell you’re half retarded but it’s eerily similar to the Jones/Santos fight. One person is engaging and the other is just moving forward because they know the rules are dumb and favor arbitrary “octagon control.”

I have to somehow agree. I can definitely see Volkanovski overpowering Max and pinning him to the cage for a unanimous decision.

Frankie looked slow, predictable essentially, Frankie looked like the typical WMMA fighter. Max should have finished this fight.

Max has gaping holes with his striking and strength. Somebody in his camp needs to realize this and fix it. It is clear to me that the size disadvantage wasn't the only reason Poirier beat him. There was also a skill disadvantage.

For example, were are the oblique kicks to the knee of a smaller fighter? This is how Jon Jones stops opponents from getting inside the pocket, and sets them up for a high-kick. Where are the TD attempts to confuse the opponent? Where are the power shots?

Max has a lot of things to fix.

i think it's crazy that you think the undisputed FW champion who has basically won all of his fights by striking and was on the 2nd longest win streak in UFC history has a lot of things to fix lol

i'm not saying you're wrong, but just ...what. the. fuck.

Too many idiots concerned with the big zero in the loss column instead of the strength of schedule

its sad guys like him, Rodrigo, even guys like Sean Sherk will probably NEVER get the respect they deserve just because they weren't the BEST of their era (even though all were champs)

Listening to Volk right now, I kind of like his chances. In all reality, Volk is like the next variation of a Frankie Edgar type of fighter. He has better kicks and Max literally checked 0 from Frankie, he carries more power, and has the cardio to go.

Not sure he can handle when Max pours it on honestly, not sure many can at 145, but, that is gonna be another great fight.

I've been saying it for a while now: I think Volkanovski is the most challenging fight at 145 for max. He's bigger and stronger than frankie and he hits harder and he kicks A LOT. Listening to volk's assesment of frankie vs. Max gave me even more confidence in volkanovski. He really understand's max's game and I think Volkanovski's kicks and power and overall physicality will be a big difference in that fight.

its sad guys like him, Rodrigo, even guys like Sean Sherk will probably NEVER get the respect they deserve just because they weren't the BEST of their era (even though all were champs)

Combat sports fans are the fucking worst. They'll excuse any team loss but shit on anyone who loses a single fight regardless of how.

Listening to Volk right now, I kind of like his chances. In all reality, Volk is like the next variation of a Frankie Edgar type of fighter. He has better kicks and Max literally checked 0 from Frankie, he carries more power, and has the cardio to go.

Not sure he can handle when Max pours it on honestly, not sure many can at 145, but, that is gonna be another great fight.

He's doing a good job of selling his chances, but that decision machine has no chance against Max. None.

I've been saying it for a while now. Even mentioned it to @Tomas that I think Volkanovski is the most challenging fight at 145 for max. He's bigger and stronger than frankie and he hits harder and he kicks A LOT. Listening to volk's assesment of frankie vs. Max gave me even more confidence in volkanovski. He really understand's max's game and I think Volkanovski's kicks and power and overall physicality will be a big difference in that fight.

yeah I tend to be in agreement, we'll see how he handles Max's jab and distance control, but, like he said he doesn't mind being at range because he's a very good kicker (that rugby background).

In all reality, if you actually break down the fight and the two fighters fighting and where they are at in their careers, this is probably one of the best fights the UFC can put together in any division

The sooner we all forget about UFC 240 the better!

Salute

Hope you got rich, cuzzy

A night of many favorites

<seedat>

A night of many parlays

ColdExemplaryFrog-max-1mb.gif

A night of many puffs

<13>

The sooner we all forget about UFC 240 the better!

why? the first couple of fights on the main card were a snoozer but the last 3 of main card + the prelims were all pretty good.

Maybe not the best event of all time but far from being a bad card.

Back