TOOL $%^$ing TOOL

Used to love Tool, but I stopped buying their albums after Lateralus. I dont think I even heard the one after that, I certainly didn't own it though.

I thought about listening to the new album yesterday but I just can't be fucked to be honest - I haven't been a 'rock' fan or whatever for fucking years now. You could play me a literal masterpiece of rock/metal music right now, and I would just go 'meh, fair enough'. There's just no connection or vibe there for me anymore with bands.

I've heard its pretty good though.

I just listened to those two songs posted in the thread. Fucking shite, both of them. They sound like the less memorable, less catchy, dragged-out-too-long songs from their older albums. The ones that nobody really likes or remembers. And those are apparently the two standout tunes? Yep, I'll skip this please. Not for me anymore.

I'm a big tool fan, but haven't liked the released tracks so far.

I don't know why this came to mind, but I always think of this performance when i hear Tool now lol, prob my fav song by them done by kids, the drummer is awesome!

I always wanted a new A Perfect Circle album, there were a few tracks I loved, takes me back

Pneuma is good too

This was my favourite, aren’t hearing the 7empest hype just yet. I loved the album, great performances by all of them except maybe Maynard, no screams and he really takes even more of a back seat.

I don't know why this came to mind, but I always think of this performance when i hear Tool now lol, prob my fav song by them done by kids, the drummer is awesome!

I always wanted a new A Perfect Circle album, there were a few tracks I loved, takes me back

They put out a new album just last year.

Lol 4 kids to replace one Danny Carey. 8 arms, sounds about right

Anybody else shocked at the price for the new cd? I don't wanna hear them bitch about people pirating

Man it got really popular to hate on Keenan, but tool and apc are amazing. Especially apc

Pneuma and 7empest are solid. Was disappointed there weren’t any of those epic Maynard vocals though.

And I got the whole album on iTunes for 11.99 so not sure what price everyone is tripping on.

Never listened to a single Tool song my entire life

I hate to say it but I find Tool by and large repetitive and boring/dull. They have some solid songs (which feel like outliers in terms of style), but a lot of times songs just feel like they are droning on, almost like a jam band like Phish. I realize a lot of their fans are really into the pot scene and maybe for them it's music that goes with the smoking experience, but it's just not for me. Talented musicians that I feel can make better music apart rather than together.

I hate to say it but I find Tool by and large repetitive and boring/dull. They have some solid songs (which feel like outliers in terms of style), but a lot of times songs just feel like they are droning on, almost like a jam band like Phish. I realize a lot of their fans are really into the pot scene and maybe for them it's music that goes with the smoking experience, but it's just not for me. Talented musicians that I feel can make better music apart rather than together.
It goes even better with some dmt. Through lateralus on and blast off

Back