• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TOOL $%^$ing TOOL

I love hard rock n metal even some grunge like AIC just never got into Tool ....... only like schism as I liked the beat. Not really a fan of any tool songs.
Good enough, I never really got into AIC either. Wether people like to admit it or not musical taste is 100% subjective, which is where arguments start because one person says "Tool" isnt good, and the other says "Yes they are", when the reality is both parties are equally wrong/right.

It's easy to trash on a band for thier fan base being douches, because who wants to be a part of a crowd of douches? It's just easier to say the band sucks, and avoid the association. Unfortunately for Tool their music kinda created a monster of metal heads thinking they had a new and different sound created by these "geniuses" that made a sound no-one has EVER before!!!! When the reality is Tool just made prog digestible to the metal scene.

Schism is probably the most bland of thier hits. If you're gonna pick thier only "good" song, at least mention "H." If not Lateralus.

And Jimmy, and Pushit, and Hooker With A Penis, and Third Eye, and Stinkfist, and Prison Sex, and The Grudge, and Ticks and Leeches, I can go on....

Also, anyone who thinks they aren’t good musicians can suck it. I have a friend who’s in a metal band, been playing guitar for about 15 years, right into the theory and all that and he says it’s difficult to play Tool songs cause of the odd time signatures, among other things.

Last edited:
Good enough, I never really got into AIC either. Wether people like to admit it or not musical taste is 100% subjective, which is where arguments start because one person says "Tool" isnt good, and the other says "Yes they are", when the reality is both parties are equally wrong/right.

It's easy to trash on a band for thier fan base being douches, because who wants to be a part of a crowd of douches? It's just easier to say the band sucks, and avoid the association. Unfortunately for Tool their music kinda created a monster of metal heads thinking they had a new and different sound created by these "geniuses" that made a sound no-one has EVER before!!!! When the reality is Tool just made prog digestible to the metal scene.
My issue with people saying some bands suck is they often start to insult whomever listens to the band by calling them idiots and other nonsense. Manson thread was a good one with that. I get people not liking some bands and thinking the bands music isn’t good. I think Radiohead is very overrated even if they are a talented band. But like Radiohead, hardcore Tool fans make it easy to call their fans asshats because they are so pretentious about it.

Tool are awesome, if you don’t agree you’re a stupid cunt who likes Maroon 5

My issue with people saying some bands suck is they often start to insult whomever listens to the band by calling them idiots and other nonsense. Manson thread was a good one with that. I get people not liking some bands and thinking the bands music isn’t good. I think Radiohead is very overrated even if they are a talented band. But like Radiohead, hardcore Tool fans make it easy to call their fans asshats because they are so pretentious about it.
So if understand this correctly, your real issue is the fan base, not the band? I mean no offense but your post kinda jumps all over the place, but when it's pertaining to Tool, your post only acknowledges their rabid fans, not the band or their catalog of art.

Which is exactly what I'm trying to point out, most people's issue with Tool is their fanatical fan base, which ironically is what Maynard even has a problem with yet people still trash him for sharing the same opinion.

I dig their music, admittingly so, they've had some duds, as well as some stellar opus's. But with me it's been about their brand of art, not that they are some elevated group of individuals beyond the common man's comprehension, and appreciation. They are just a band that has historically made some music that has bridged a gap no-one prior has, and they were pretty fucking tight about it.

Jamming aenima in my buddies new blazer on the way to a party in 1995-6 was pretty sweet. It sounded good when played loud. Sounded good baked. I'm older now, and some of these bands that have either retained their angst, or are pretending to still be angst ridden, it just doesn't work for me. I find it stupid.

I wish there were new bands, but because the media knocked down white kids confidence, and turned a full 1/3 of the people I saw walking in the mall today into trans looking victim seekers with no real soul of their own, well because of those things we have the worst music of the last 2000 years by far.

Puscifer is awesome
I saw them in Dallas 8 years ago, at the Majestic Theater, maybe 1500 people in attendance. It was the Conditions of My Parole tour, and it is by far my favorite concert. I expected an R rated HeeHaw epiaode, but I got an intimate and creative show that I'll remember the rest of my life. Maynard specifically was just chilling, he took a moment before the first song to do a spoken word segment about creativity to the audience. At one point I honestly felt like I was sitting around a campfire in the desert while Puscifer jammed together for us.

Jamming aenima in my buddies new blazer on the way to a party in 1995-6 was pretty sweet. It sounded good when played loud. Sounded good baked. I'm older now, and some of these bands that have either retained their angst, or are pretending to still be angst ridden, it just doesn't work for me. I find it stupid.

I wish there were new bands, but because the media knocked down white kids confidence, and turned a full 1/3 of the people I saw walking in the mall today into trans looking victim seekers with no real soul of their own, well because of those things we have the worst music of the last 2000 years by far.

So now you’re just bitter in general?

Tool is still awesome btw. Many of the songs have nothing to do with angst really, like Schism, which is about communication in relationships, or the song Lateralus, or Parabol & Parabola. Or the cookie recipe in German.

Wait... this guy put out a wine, too?

Okay now I KNOW he is pulling the puppet strings of his lemming fan base.

So if understand this correctly, your real issue is the fan base, not the band? I mean no offense but your post kinda jumps all over the place, but when it's pertaining to Tool, your post only acknowledges their rabid fans, not the band or their catalog of art.

Which is exactly what I'm trying to point out, most people's issue with Tool is their fanatical fan base, which ironically is what Maynard even has a problem with yet people still trash him for sharing the same opinion.

I dig their music, admittingly so, they've had some duds, as well as some stellar opus's. But with me it's been about their brand of art, not that they are some elevated group of individuals beyond the common man's comprehension, and appreciation. They are just a band that has historically made some music that has bridged a gap no-one prior has, and they were pretty fucking tight about it.
I like Tool, I just know some of their harder core fans are obnoxious.

Yeah, my post did jump around a bit. My point is that too many people shit on people who listen to bands because they don't like said band, when it's just their own opinion they don't like the music. No need to insult people because they don't like the same music as you. I think I just transitioned between two separate points without separating them.

The second point was some fans of bands, like Tool, make it really easy to shit on all the fans because the hardcore ones are over the top with how they act.

Last edited:

There are still good bands out there. You just have to look now because 99% are owned and made by corporate to sell to the masses from scratch. Basically, you aren't wrong about fewer new bands, and even less making it big. But they do exist.

There are still good bands out there. You just have to look now because 99% are owned and made by corporate to sell to the masses from scratch. Basically, you aren't wrong about fewer new bands, and even less making it big. But they do exist.

I believe it, but I'm not seeing them enough.

I saw them in Dallas 8 years ago, at the Majestic Theater, maybe 1500 people in attendance. It was the Conditions of My Parole tour, and it is by far my favorite concert. I expected an R rated HeeHaw epiaode, but I got an intimate and creative show that I'll remember the rest of my life. Maynard specifically was just chilling, he took a moment before the first song to do a spoken word segment about creativity to the audience. At one point I honestly felt like I was sitting around a campfire in the desert while Puscifer jammed together for us.
Hell yeah man that's awesome. It's a unique experience. You definitely get more of Maynard at a Puscifer show. I saw them on their most recent (I think) tour where they performed it in a wrestling ring. And we got to see some luchador wrestling matches. I loved it.

As pretentious as Maynard is.. The band rocks and this album is ridiculously good.

I know they're two different genres, but i never got the Tool or Radiohead supreme love

I mean i like me some songs from Undertow/Enema and Ok Computer, but it's not life changing or anything

Back