TOOL $%^$ing TOOL

I only got into Tool a few months ago so I have no clue about their fanbase only a very vague account of some of Maynard's shenanigans.

Opiate
has 2 good songs, Undertow is half good, Ænima is one of the best albums I've ever heard, Lateralus is quite ponderous but still enjoyable, 10,000 Days wasn't interesting enough to remember, and I thought Fear Innoculum was pretty neat. :)

This year hasn't seen many new releases in terms of big metal bands anyway, except Slipknot. I'm not saying there wouldn't have been a lot of attention on them, but if it were a few years back during the releases of the latest albums of Behemoth, Gojira etc., I would probably only have had a glance at FI.

I listened to their albums over the last few weeks to see what all the fuss was about. They're very polished, very good musicians and I get why people like them, but I really couldn't stand the frontman's habit of whispering then shouting through every song. They're basically fat Pearl Jam.

I only got into Tool a few months ago so I have no clue about their fanbase only a very vague account of some of Maynard's shenanigans.

Opiate
has 2 good songs, Undertow is half good, Ænima is one of the best albums I've ever heard, Lateralus is quite ponderous but still enjoyable, 10,000 Days wasn't interesting enough to remember, and I thought Fear Innoculum was pretty neat. :)

This pretty much mirrors my assessment of their work. 10,000 Days is just a masturbatory work, imo and it sucks literally all the joy out of it. It reminds me of Palahniuk's new books, that are just 200 pages of self-satisfying trite. LIke, the key to thinly veiled satire, is the thin veil - when it's pushed into your face so fucking hard that is suffocates you, it fails at its goal.

Nah, Undertow and Opiate suck. They sound like a weird mix of bassy 80s Red Hot Chilli Peppers mixed w butt metal.

10K days is kind of difficult to digest but pretty good. Aenema is the best and when TOOL really found their sound.

Lateralus is #$%^ing amazing

This pretty much mirrors my assessment of their work. 10,000 Days is just a masturbatory work, imo and it sucks literally all the joy out of it. It reminds me of Palahniuk's new books, that are just 200 pages of self-satisfying trite. LIke, the key to thinly veiled satire, is the thin veil - when it's pushed into your face so fucking hard that is suffocates you, it fails at its goal.

I can get the hate for the rabid fans who discuss the meaning of the song lyrics like a doctoral dissertation, but they put on one hell of a live show and every album up to and including Lateralus has some great songs on it.

Anthony_Fantano.png

I don't keep up with bands. I don't know anything about the band Tool and what they do in their off time. I barely know what they look like. I only know the singer's last name..

That goes for all bands I listen to as well. I just don't keep up or pay attention to their lives. IDGAF about their opinions or anything. Thats just the way it goes for me. I listen to music. That is it.

I do love their music and Fear Inoculum is amazing.

I just wikipedia'd Maynard out of boredom and it turns out Maynard isn't even his real fuckin name.

It's a nickname he gave himself, an "Alter ego" he created in high school.

I listened to their albums over the last few weeks to see what all the fuss was about. They're very polished, very good musicians and I get why people like them, but I really couldn't stand the frontman's habit of whispering then shouting through every song. They're basically fat Pearl Jam.
67Jp.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaleRousyStan
Back