Social Obamas buy new $11.75 million vineyard estate

3.4 million copies of Becoming at $15 per. It might take a few years to turn a profit. Lol

The authors are lucky to get 15-20% of book sales. The rest go to publishers, lawyers, distributors, promotional agencies, etc.

$10 million dollars, not including taxes. is still a nice chunk of change. It seriously doesn't account for their mass of wealth alone.

------------------------------------------------

Seriously, pretending that Obamas aren't above the political corruption is just plain silly.

Instead of, "look at GOPers, mad about backroom deals."

Wouldn't it be smarter to unify and say, "Yep, some democrats are corrupt, and so are some members of GOP. lets start finding out which ones are and get rid of them all, on both sides?"

( by saying "some...," I'm being generous. I really think it's "most...," at this point. )

Last edited:
I love how suddenly liberals are quite reasonable about meritocratic earning potential when it's a wealthy black liberal politician.

I agree with the OP about this one thing: Obama earned it. The rich almost always do. They should get to keep it.

The hypocrisy angle is tired, I agree.

But if you come at this from a radical or even populist perspective, he's just another in a long line of politicians who got paid for his $ervice (to the rich and powerful). And that criticism isn't partisan, it's pointing to legalized corruption engaged in by both parties.

Yeah, I am sure that it's just Conservatives in an uproar over this. Just like every time there is a mass shooting, Conservatives are blamed like they are the only ones who own guns in the United States. :rolleyes:

I don't even give a shit consider it seems like all Politicians have magically banked away millions of dollars during and after their run in politics.

It's not magic, it's a lessening in lobbying rules and restrictions on the types of work elected officials can perform after leaving office. Conservative or Liberal, most would agree that this system is destructive to democracy.

Aren’t you a staunch defender of Trump? Weird that this is the thread you choose to take exception and post your feelings on elected officials when you’ve spent the last 3 years claiming the motives of your guy’s are completely altruistic.
No. I didn't vote for the guy or anything and don't think any politician's motives are completely altruistic or anything close, but I also don't have TDS and find people who do pretty amusing.

In case you didn't know, we don't have politicians who aren't in it for themselves, so I'd prefer a guy who imposes the least on me and who can't take a shit without it being called impeachable and requiring an investigation over someone who will take close to $50k more in taxes from me over a presidential term, will pull every string and do every favor to benefit their friends and families that you'll never hear about and exempt themselves from every rule and policy that they impose on us peasants. Our entire system and everybody in it is corrupt, so just give me whichever person will force me to contribute to it the least.

None of the myriad attempts to investigate and impeach thus far have anything to do with the citizens or job performance and is itself a good indicator that they care more about self interests than the interests of the people and are willing to waste the last 3 years on screaming "orange man bad" than to do their already cakewalk part-time job.

Last edited:
No surprise. What's the point of being a politician if you don't get the benefits?

I don’t dislike Michelle Obama. I think their new house is amazing. I’m crazy envious of it. Good for them. I simply asked you to clarify your statement because of how often you call people liars for absolutely no reason other than you disagree with them . This thread being a prime example of your dishonesty, thank you for that.
He called him a liar because he was objectively lying.

What did I make up? I posted the sales from 2018 and said it maytake a few years.

Anyway, even at 10m copies that's $150m gross retail - meaning the publisher still hasnt made a profit.
Lol at a 15 dollar hardback book. Also how much do you think it costs to print a book. I am sure part of that 65 million includes the Obama press tour for his book.

He called him a liar because he was objectively lying.
This is Sherdog, its not a court of law. People post sarcastically and hyperbolically all the time, that doesn’t necessarily make it lying.

This is Sherdog, its not a court of law. People post sarcastically and hyperbolically all the time, that doesn’t necessarily make it lying.
He wasn't sarcastic and I'm going to start to call all my lies "hyperboles", good stuff.

What's this thread about? Bullshit that Democrats don't think anybody should ever be wealthy? Like Bernie Sanders driving a nice car. Like social democracies dont have rich people in them?

Or has it gone the route that a 2 cent tax on people with hundred of millions of wealth, who passive earn more than 2 percent a year, are not going to remain ultra wealthy but instead are going to become serfs because of such a policy?

This shit is just an incredulous distortion of reality.

Tony Rezko.

That's how Obama did it last time. But, poor Tony eventually ended up in prison.

So Russia might just be hooking up Trump as a favor, you never know... {<shrug}
It's a possibility. But that horse has been beaten to death.
Maybe Russia secretly wants China knocked down a peg? Those two aren't natural allies. They are like the Scottish and the Scottish, if you catch my Simpson reference

I find it funny how these clowns are asking in the comment section how Obama was able to afford this new home when he only made 400K a year as president. Apparently they arent bright to think outside box like the 65 Million Penguin publish paid then in a bidding war to own the rights to publish their books. Or Netflix shelling out 100 million for a deal with them. Worse part of it all is that these sheeps give the comments like this thumbs up without digging up some factual proof to what they say.

Unlike Trump who is stealing Americans money by having spent over 100 million dollars to go golfing to his OWN golf course, Obama is not stealing from Americans. He is earning his money with books, Podcast, tv deals and speaking engagements. Thats the difference between Trump and Obama, one is a thief who only has time to golf when he said he wouldnt have time if he were president and the other is a hard worker. LOL

Anyways what do you guys think of the home? I think it is beautiful and the location is perfect.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/barack-michelle-obama-just-bought-214928884.html

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/think-obama-administration-wasnt-corrupt-think-again/

You should probably google Obama and Pearson publishing to learn about a kick back.

500k+ a speech is a reward for serving his masters, period.

I am also highly suspicious of the book and Netflix deals.

It's not just Netflix btw, the whole app/ tech sector explosion arguably could not have gotten off the ground without those low interest rates.
See #155

I don't tend to lie that much, anything to suggest otherwise?
Just your post on designs to cover up your future lies with a “hyperbole” excuse. I wouldn’t make plans on doing something like that unless I intended on using it a lot.

Just your post on designs to cover up your future lies with a “hyperbole” excuse. I wouldn’t make plans on doing something like that unless I intended on using it a lot.
Talk about not detecting sarcasm.

Back