International The Iran war began January 3rd 2020, when Trump killed Soleimani. V3

Do you support war with Iran?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For perspective on whether this is an emergent situation or a plan we're carrying out, compare to the Iraq War.

Iraq = Months of prepositioning of troops and weapons and politicking for access to airspace

Iran = No evidence of prepositioning of assets or related politics

I conclude that this isn't just a show with a predetermined outcome like the lead-up to the invasion of Iraq was, but a genuinely emergent situation. For whatever that's worth.

US Base attacked from another country the president says ''So far so good'' No wonder this guy is getting impeached

For perspective on whether this is an emergent situation or a plan we're carrying out, compare to the Iraq War.

Iraq = Months of prepositioning of troops and weapons and politicking for access to airspace

Iran = No evidence of prepositioning of assets or related politics

I conclude that this isn't just a show with a predetermined outcome like the lead-up to the invasion of Iraq was, but a genuinely emergent situation. For whatever that's worth.
I legitimately hope you are right.

I dont really dabbble in this section but I am hoping for no escalation in this. I hope we get this:

i9LVi9c.jpg
Meme thread dude. You're about to appear in the reports.

I legitimately hope you are right.
I just don't think it will ever be possible for the U.S. to hide a war it's about to wage, with modern social media and technology. I'm not sure that this being a legitimate emergency is better than it being theater, but it does eliminate the possibility of this being a "fake" impetus for war, in the Gulf of Tonkin sense. It's still a crisis being navigated by a total fucking dipshit, and it could go so wrong.

I hear Iran warned the US they were going to do this so the bases were emptied well before they launched rockets at them

Source?

US Base attacked from another country the president says ''So far so good'' No wonder this guy is getting impeached
He’s talking about 0 USA casualties and it’s not a US base.. but that’s what I like about you, your attention to details

Iran purposely targeting bases to minimize casualties makes sense. They are putting Trump in a box.
I mean the US took out one of their major miltary figures..

They vow merciless revenge in response..

And proceed to launch a limited ballistic missile strike, with thankfully little to no casualties resulting..

Just a blatant attempt for Tehran to save some face.

Ben Shapiro is right one this tough, good military call of President Trump killing the guy, and now blow it . But even so I doubt that Iran is going to provoke the US even more, President Trump means serious business, they are not dealing with their islamic brother who was on the presidency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back