UFC on ESPN+ 24 Blaydes vs Dos Santos

If you do the tape Hanna's last fight showed she uses wide looping punches. Against a fighter like Angela who has straight crisp striking, and good footwork Hanna is going to get pieced up on the feet, and her grappling isn't going to be good enough to get it to the ground.
The longer it goes the less effective Hill becomes. Cifers has at least proven to maintain a pace and not slow down significantly as far as I can remember.

If you do the tape Hanna's last fight showed she uses wide looping punches. Against a fighter like Angela who has straight crisp striking, and good footwork Hanna is going to get pieced up on the feet, and her grappling isn't going to be good enough to get it to the ground.

I think hill dosen’t have the reach, better footwork or cardio to dominate Hannah who can knock her down, control the octagon and control her on the ground. Hannah winning 2 rounds is about 50/50 in my mind so im betting the shockwave

Happy with my picks so far but not sure who to go with for the Bevon Lewis, Angela Hill or the Sarah Mcann fight

Haven't really dug into anything so far.
I do remember seeing a training clip JDS put out showing him training outside of a closed gym on new years day.
Not much to take away there but he seems to be taking his training seriously.

I remeber when people where saying Gilbert was a good bet, 50/50 fight haha

JDS/Blaydes

I think JDS gets beaten badly here. Blaydes is very dangerous and has literally only lost to the future champion. JDS is at the gate keeper stage of his career, he can beat the mid tier guys but he's losing to all the top fighters he faces. His last good win was a fairly green Stipe and that was 6 years ago.

For a heavy weight Blaydes is actually fairly dynamic, he has an effective wrestling game with the cardio to maintain it, that in itself is a rarity at heavy weight. Some of the best guys ever in the weight class and the guys who have been good champions have the same weapons as Blaydes - Stipe, DC, Cain, all wrestlers with good cardio. Blaydes top control and pressure are probably the best in the division, usually when you go down you are staying down or very briefly getting up against the cage just to carry his weight and then end up back on the mat.

His chin maybe is questionable, but it's probably more his striking defence that needs the work. Blaydes is a real competitor and I see him coming back improved each time, and with a gameplan to use his most effective weapons regardless of it being fan friendly or not.

Blaydes by KO/TKO will be free money, ground and pound finish. Under 2.5 hits and probably under 1.5 also.

I'm thinking Blaydes and RDA are the safest bets on this card. Sucks they're -250 and -275

UFC uploaded Blaydes' full fight with Econoreem. Overeem even had his hands kinda down preparing for a take down and around 2:29 of the 1st round you can see how fast Blaydes is.
I think JDS won't be able to stop the take downs and Blaydes has NO problems laying and praying on him or with the crowd booing his ass.

Last edited:
Cardio advantage for RDA too for sure.

Edit : forgot this isn't 3 rounder nvm
Eh, if RDA puts on a faster pace then its over for Chiesa. But I don't know, how old is RDA and how long can his body hold up. Is he still training with Nick Curson?

I'm thinking Blaydes and RDA are the safest bets on this card. Sucks they're -250 and -275
I think bevon is tbh. Odds too steamed now for any value ofc. If o1.5 is evens for blaydes fight I'm going that direction. Hoping it will be since gtd is at big + odds. Not worried about blaydes durability nor a quick finish from him. I will sprinkle his round 4 and 5 props since his cardio is superior as well.

I think bevon is tbh. Odds too steamed now for any value ofc. If o1.5 is evens for blaydes fight I'm going that direction. Hoping it will be since gtd is at big + odds. Not worried about blaydes durability nor a quick finish from him. I will sprinkle his round 4 and 5 props since his cardio is superior as well.
How do you know blaydes has “superior” cardio?

when has he ever been pushed? What if the blast double doesn’t work? What other tools does he have?

No one thinks Chiesa can just tenaciously grapple and win enough of the rounds?

Has Chiesa ever shown the ability to do that for 3 full rounds vs another wrestler? We've seen RDA hold his own vs far better wrestlers than Chiesa.

My first thought was that this was possible, and Chiesa may be value at +230.

My second thought was that it's Michael Chiesa, and his fights are all such roller coasters. I think even if he gets off to a promising start he is going to find a way to blow it fairly often. RDA is so much more consistent and reliable, I don't know if I could handle the frustration of having Chiesa $ this fight.

How do you know blaydes has “superior” cardio?

when has he ever been pushed? What if the blast double doesn’t work? What other tools does he have?
Curtis switched camps to Team Elevation in Denver, Colorado. So he has that going for him.

I'd be incredibly surprised. I think he's more likely to win by sub even though RDA is probably the better overall grappler.

Curtis switched camps to Team Elevation in Denver, Colorado. So he has that going for him.
I mean that’s great and all but training at elevation for one camp isnt magically going to give you superior cardio.

blaydes really hasn’t been tested, I mean except for ngannou knocking his block off twice. He failed those tests.

Jds is much better than him standing

even if blaydes gets the take down, can he keep him there? Can he do this consistently? There’s certainly no guarantee he’s going to take jds down and finish him.

In Most of his fights he’s struggled to get finishes.

I don’t think he’s a good bet at all at -240. The heavyweight division has too much variance to be paying chalk like that on an unproven fighter

I mean that’s great and all but training at elevation for one camp isnt magically going to give you superior cardio.

blaydes really hasn’t been tested, I mean except for ngannou knocking his block off twice. He failed those tests.

Jds is much better than him standing

even if blaydes gets the take down, can he keep him there? Can he do this consistently? There’s certainly no guarantee he’s going to take jds down and finish him.

In Most of his fights he’s struggled to get finishes.

I don’t think he’s a good bet at all at -240. The heavyweight division has too much variance to be paying chalk like that on an unproven fighter

He's been at team elevation in Denver for his last 2 fights (he won both of them). So a year - ish or more.

Blaydes got wrecked by Ngannou yes, Junior got turtled into a puddle of goo and couldn't even pull the trigger while fighting Ngannou so him and Curtis have something in common, losses to that monster.

Yes Blaydes can keep him down IF he gets him down, look at what he did to Alistair who is far more well rounded than JDS.

JDS is definitely the superior striker here with his looping overhand right and spin kicks. He's going to shine if Curtis gives him the space to do so. JDS isn't good at fighting on the back foot and now he has to worry about the take downs from a giant dude. This isn't 5'10 Cain.

I wouldn't bet on Blaydes getting a finish either. This is worth a parlay with RDA imo. Overall card is weak.

Fair enough. I think RDA might pull a Neil Magny on Chiesa and I think Neil is much more put together than Chiesa. I bring up Magny because they have a similar frame.

He's been at team elevation in Denver for his last 2 fights (he won both of them). So a year - ish or more.

Blaydes got wrecked by Ngannou yes, Junior got turtled into a puddle of goo and couldn't even pull the trigger while fighting Ngannou so him and Curtis have something in common, losses to that monster.

Yes Blaydes can keep him down IF he gets him down, look at what he did to Alistair who is far more well rounded than JDS and far better TDD.

JDS is definitely the superior striker here with his looping overhand right and spin kicks. He's going to shine if Curtis gives him the space to do so. JDS isn't good at fighting on the back foot and now he has to worry about the take downs from a giant dude. This isn't 5'10 Cain.

I wouldn't bet on Blaydes getting a finish either. This is worth a parlay with RDA imo. Overall card is weak.

Pretty sure he moved out there after his debut loss to Ngannou

Blaydes has 0 striking defense & JDS isnt as explosive and fast anymore.

bum fight but will watch.

His looping overhand wont work, cuz no explosion and speed.

***Trigger warning*** The following post contains a good dose of armchair psychology. Don't take too seriously.

If RDA loses, IMO, it will likely be because a lesser RDA than we are used to seeing shows up to the fight. I can't help but wonder where he is at mentally after the loss against Edwards. Had he won, he would still be in the race for a title shot; having lost, it seems unlikely that he will ever see another title fight. So, how motivated will he be to bust his ass to train for fucking Michael Chiesa?

Chiesa, on the other hand, is preparing for a great opportunity. With a win over RDA he will be within striking distance of the top ten.

Back