NYC: City Workers Install ‘Black Lives Matter’ Mural in New York

Maybe the black community can be a litlle more critical about their culture. Things like making kids without plans to be there for them or the very bad message hiphop sends. It annoys me when friends of mine don't want their kids listening to songs about the devil but have no problem blasting tracks that advocate violence and praise making money any way possible to show off to other people. But that's called "acting white" as I've grown to understand.

This mural want pass one policy. It may ease some anger but does nothing to address the real issues.

You know what else does nothing; whining about this type of stuff on the internet.

If you are so concerned about black communities then do something other than preach divisive reiterate.

More money has to be sent to poorer districts just to approach the funds that wealthier districts raise on their own. PTAs in middle class areas can raise tens of thousands of dollars per year. Meanwhile, poorer schools may not even have a functioning PTA, and if they do the community does not have money to give. They can't fundraise in a community with no funds.

So the end result poor schools with no money at all in the bank, and wealthy schools with more money than they could ever spend. A school with no money in the bank, a few miles from a school with 6-figures in the bank. If the local government sends more funds to the poor school, its not actually making them better funded, its trying to make up for the massive natural deficit they already face. Much of those funds go to community needs that are not needed in the wealthier community, like free breakfast/lunch/school supplies/etc.

What form of administration are you referring to?
Uhh, school administrators? Principals? And I guess anyone else who is getting paid more than they should

See, what your problem is, is that you’re ignoring that in places like DC, Baltimore, and NYC, plenty of money is already spent per capita.

The second, and most important part, is that you’re assuming that more money = more education

If a rich district decides to dump a bunch of money into their sports team, parking lots, repainting the school, etc.

What does that have to do with education? A large portion of the money that richer school districts spend on is frivolous shit like swimming pools so they can have a swimming team.

We don’t need money in many cases, we need a rearrangement of money.

if you told me that we need money so ghetto schools can get computer labs, new, improved textbooks, and higher teacher salaries, I wouldn’t mind. That’s not an expense, it’s an investment.

But instead the school administrator is going to get a check and spend it in all sorts of ways.

Cost per pupil spending is just proven to not work.

Maybe the black community can be a litlle more critical about their culture. Things like making kids without plans to be there for them or the very bad message hiphop sends. It annoys me when friends of mine don't want their kids listening to songs about the devil but have no problem blasting tracks that advocate violence and praise making money any way possible to show off to other people. But that's called "acting white" as I've grown to understand.
A part of this is true, but overall I’d rate it false.

A giant chunk of the problem is that it is prohibitively expensive to fire teachers and all the shit teachers go to the ghetto, where no one wants to work.

Teachers don’t want to teach, and it is very difficult to discipline out of control kids.

I think you’re underestimating how a tiny group of kids can hijack a whole class.

Charter schools exist in the ghetto in the same building as public schools and outperform them in every way. Same environment, different standards.

This mural want pass one policy. It may ease some anger but does nothing to address the real issues.

You know what else does nothing; whining about this type of stuff on the internet.

If you are so concerned about black communities then do something other than preach divisive reiterate.

Deblasio just took away a billion dollars from the cops and got rid of 600 plain clothes police officers.

Here is the result of your policy:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...es-hitting-communities-color-hardest-n1233269

n New York City, after the number of shooting victims more than doubled from June 2019 to this June, every person who has been shot this July, nearly 100 in total, has been a member of the minority community, according to the police department. And in June, 97 percent of the shooting victims were minorities, the department said.

So yes, do please pass more policy. It's worked wonders for you so far.

You quoted me asking and I answered lol. No issue.
tumblr_msbtkcrY541so18vqo1_400.gif

Uhh, school administrators? Principals? And I guess anyone else who is getting paid more than they should

Lol. Right, because schools can function without any Principals. They are just chilling all year, not running all school operations, acting as the instructional leaders for the entire teaching staff, making all hiring decisions and placements, creating the schedules, handling all school discipline, and evaluating the entire staff, among about a thousand other things.

Have you ever been in a school? Lol. What did you think the administrators were doing? You are showing a shocking level of naivety.

See, what your problem is, is that you’re ignoring that in places like DC, Baltimore, and NYC, plenty of money is already spent per capita.

The second, and most important part, is that you’re assuming that more money = more education

If a rich district decides to dump a bunch of money into their sports team, parking lots, repainting the school, etc.

What does that have to do with education? A large portion of the money that richer school districts spend on is frivolous shit like swimming pools so they can have a swimming team.

I'll ignore your strawmen about "more money equalling more education" and address your second question. The funds that come in from the community are not only used for painting the parking lot, which by the way, is incredibly important to a school community sense of pride and belonging. That money is also used for supplies, field trips, assemblies, and other learning tools. That money is incredibly important.

We don’t need money in many cases, we need a rearrangement of money.

if you told me that we need money so ghetto schools can get computer labs, new, improved textbooks, and higher teacher salaries, I wouldn’t mind. That’s not an expense, it’s an investment.

...that is how the money is spent. Teacher salaries are not part of a school's individual budget, that's all negotiated by their union with their city or county. The school budget goes to maintaining usable technology, fixing equipment or replacement it, etc.

What are you referring to here?

But instead the school administrator is going to get a check and spend it in all sorts of ways.

Cost per pupil spending is just proven to not work.

Give me some examples of how school administrators are "getting a check" and spending it all in frivolous ways. Show me something on a systemic level.

You understand, that's not how it works right? School administrators have specific budgets that are required to be spent in specific areas. Everything has oversight from the school system, it's not a free-for-all, especially in the lower-funded schools with lesser funds.

Lol at this guy with a straight face putting 2 and 3 On this list. You realize doing # 3 would really really help with # 2 right?

Nice liberal stance on this issue though. Well done

... kind of

@nac386 I can’t direct reply to you or anyone from strange reason now

I’m aware that school districts get their own budgets just like all other entities controlled by the state or cities, but obviously it isn’t going to the right places if the teachers salaries remain low

You’re mentioning things like field trips and painting parking lots, proving my point. You don’t need field trips to get a good education.

You view schools as a social center, I view it as an establishment for education.

I’m aware that administrators have an important role. All administrators and all bureaucracy exists for a reason. Any system imaginable wouldn’t exist without these occupations.

But what I’m saying is that they’ve done a shit fucking job and don’t deserve significantly higher pays than teachers do.

The overcentralized nature of education is probably one of the reasons education is so bad.

Charter schools can do just fine with less money and less control. Charter schools in NYCs ghettos are often in the same building as the public schools and outperform them immensely. They live in the same hood, same building, but better grades and test scores.

And no, it is not because they cherry-pick the finest students from the ghetto. The only bias in charter schools is the parent giving enough of a fuck to apply for one. Actual students are chosen by lottery.

The problem with public education is the system Which needs overhaul.

I’m aware that school districts get their own budgets just like all other entities controlled by the state or cities, but obviously it isn’t going to the right places if the teachers salaries remain low

To some extent that may be true, but the more likely scenario is that the low teacher salaries reflect an overall lack of funding in that particular system. If teacher salaries are low, so are school-based administrators. You need to be looking beyond the school building to find the source of that issue.

You’re mentioning things like field trips and painting parking lots, proving my point. You don’t need field trips to get a good education.

You view schools as a social center, I view it as an establishment for education.

No, I'm saying that those schools, where we are expecting people to get an education, are serving human beings. Very young human beings. Those human beings need to feel comfortable, welcomed, like the belong, especially in poor communities where education is obviously not a strong part of their history. It may seem silly to you, but having an welcoming and clean building is very important.

Field trips are also important learning tools, and again, especially in low income communities where those opportunities are not a part of their personal lives. These are the exact kids who need to visit museums, who need to see historical sites, who need to hear guest speakers, etc. They need their horizons broadened more than anybody, because their world tends to be so tiny, and they may not see opportunity in that world.

I’m aware that administrators have an important role. All administrators and all bureaucracy exists for a reason. Any system imaginable wouldn’t exist without these occupations.

But what I’m saying is that they’ve done a shit fucking job and don’t deserve significantly higher pays than teachers do.

They work longer hours, more days of the year, and have more responsibility. So you have to pay them significantly more, or absolutely nobody would do the job.

The overcentralized nature of education is probably one of the reasons education is so bad.

Charter schools can do just fine with less money and less control. Charter schools in NYCs ghettos are often in the same building as the public schools and outperform them immensely. They live in the same hood, same building, but better grades and test scores.

And no, it is not because they cherry-pick the finest students from the ghetto. The only bias in charter schools is the parent giving enough of a fuck to apply for one. Actual students are chosen by lottery.

You sort of answered your own question there by saying, "The only bias in charter schools is the parent giving enough of a fuck to apply for one." Obviously parental guidance is a massive issue in very poor communities. Having an entire school full of kids who's parents care enough to apply is a huge difference from the public school.

But it's not the only difference. The size of the school is also very different. For example, "New Song Academy" is a charter school in Baltimore's worst neighborhood (read: the worst neighborhood in the country). But it outperforms the average schools around the city. Why? Well, for starters you are right that the parents actually applied. But secondly, they have 166 students, total, in a K-8 building. That is half the amount of students as neighboring schools, and all the children have parents who went out of their way to get them there. I would certainly hope that the results are better.

So there's a lot more to it. People like to tout Charter Schools, and that's perfectly fine, but you have to put them in proper context.

Government funded Marxist racist mural.

Jesus, how the mighty have fallen.

I'm curious what research you're pointing to that says that charters outperform publics. The only decent research that supports that is more nuanced than simply saying that the parents give a fuck. The biggest differences are in black and Hispanic kids in urban areas. Which, not surprisingly, are also the areas where the public schools are among the worst options anywhere.

So while it has been shown that charters are outperforming publics in those environments, it also shows that if you give kids better facilities staffed by teachers who give a damn (as opposed to the misrepresentation that it's the parents), you get better results. But that's not controversial or surprising. Kids who attend older, more run down schools do worse than kids who attend newer schools.

This is from Tennessee but it's been found in most places.
https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/tacir/documents/SchFac.pdf

People should be careful to assign the gains in charters to the quality of the charter curriculum when there's plenty of evidence that there are non-educational factors in play. Factors that if addressed in public schools could yield similar results for those students. And that does eventually come back to the money.

@panamaican Is there any reason why I can’t directly reply or “Insert quotes” anymore

I exclusively post from my phone and it’s already difficult enough to give a lengthy, well thought out reply with sources as it is. I’d have to resort to tagging and it is difficult to constantly try to look back at the posts to better address them

Leftists and their empty symbolism and ignorance.

Black Lives Matters is about: Marxism, anti-Nuclear Family, Transexual Activism, Anti-Police. Don't believe me. Read it yourself:

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

Their 3 co-leaders are all Black Lesbians and trained in Marxism by their own admission. Listen in their own words... don't take my claim for it.

They don't give a shit about the 699 Blacks killed by non-police out of 700 that are killed. They are using the "anti-police" stance, because it allows them to set up their own "enforcement" that is beholden to them, and not the citizens. This is all a scam.

I am for ALL Black Lives Matter, not just the 1 out of 700 that are killed by police, and most of those are justified.

Last edited:
Back