UFC Fight Night: Brunson vs Shahbazyan

I love to fade brunson but shahbazyan ml is unplayable at current odds imho. Im sold on his abbilities but i really feel he's small for mw (ala gastelum), brunson could employ a grappling heavy gameplan and maybe overpower him over the course of 3+ rds. Of course derek is chinny af so Shahbazyan by tko is the most likely outcome, but brunson ml and the under 4.5 or fdgtd could be good.

Maybe holland?
Its 3 rounds

Hate myself for this, but JoJo Calderwood sucks off her back

Was dominated there by Kalindra Faria until she got the Hail Mary sub, Andrea Lee got her down twice and held here there for a minute or so

Obviously she has the advantage on the feet, but if Maia gets JoJo down it'll be a while before she's back up again, and that doesn't look great to the judges

Maia is even more of a turtle off her back

I love to fade brunson but shahbazyan ml is unplayable at current odds imho. Im sold on his abbilities but i really feel he's small for mw (ala gastelum), brunson could employ a grappling heavy gameplan and maybe overpower him over the course of 3+ rds. Of course derek is chinny af so Shahbazyan by tko is the most likely outcome, but brunson ml and the under 4.5 or fdgtd could be good.

Maybe holland?
I think we havent add a decent underdog at a main event in a while i think Brunson could be a good underdog for next week i still think shahbazyan could get away with a Ko. But i am liking Brunson for next week.

So Maness is huge compared to borg , he has a nine inch reach advantage! and is 5'10 compared to borgs' 5'4.

last week everyone bet down the grundy line when i thought evloev shouldve been a bigger favorite than his -250 open...
this week i think luque is incredibly good value here.. honestly he should be at least -250. im in big on luque at -195 and if he gets bet down like grundy eloev...ill hammer luque again. Think its a sizeable talent difference actually and the smaller cage helps luque too

last week everyone bet down the grundy line when i thought evloev shouldve been a bigger favorite than his -250 open...
this week i think luque is incredibly good value here.. honestly he should be at least -250. im in big on luque at -195 and if he gets bet down like grundy eloev...ill hammer luque again. Think its a sizeable talent difference actually and the smaller cage helps luque too

I got him at -180 and thought it was a steal

Lets not forget Grundy was very close to finishing him

I’m on Luque at -185. Brown hasn’t faced as good competition and Luques power and leg kicks will be the factor in this fight. Luque has taken damage but he’s young and I expect him to be fine.

I think -280 is about the most I’d pay for Shabazyan and I’m super confident he wins but I most likely won’t bet his ML. Thinking of parlaying him and Luque or Ed Herman at +115.

I’m liking Ed Herman over Meerchart. On A two fight win streak and I don’t think Meerchart Is as strong as Herman. Think Herman wins via decision or late 3rd stoppage.

@WOLFofHARLEM agree. I wanted to put $50 on Evloev when he dropped to -180 the night before but the Grundy circlejerk here made me stay away.

Last edited:
Lets not forget Grundy was very close to finishing him

Yeah But he didn’t and gassed himself out in the process. If anything I think it’s more a testament to how good Evloev is at grappling to survive that and go on to dominate the next 2 rounds.

I’m on Luque at -185. Brown hasn’t faced as good competition and Luques power and leg kicks will be the factor in this fight. Luque has taken damage but he’s young and I expect him to be fine.

I think -280 is about the most I’d pay for Shabazyan and I’m super confident he wins but I most likely won’t bet his ML. Thinking of parlaying him and Luque or Ed Herman at +115.

I’m liking Ed Herman over Meerchart. On A two fight win streak and I don’t think Meerchart Is as strong as Herman. Think Herman wins via decision or late 3rd stoppage.

@WOLFofHARLEM agree. I wanted to put $50 on Evloev when he dropped to -180 the night before but the Grundy circlejerk here made me stay away.

GM3 gonna pull out some miracle trash sub again

There was a grundy circlejerk? I dont recall too many people being on grundy at all

Im surprised vannata vs green is at pickem odds. Vannata was close to finishing Green in the first and I felt he was the better fighter in the first fight. The only reason it was a draw is the point reduction. If it wasnt for the last 10 seconds Vannata probably would have won round 3 as well. Since that fight Vannata had some bad performances but I don't see how much has changed since the first fight. I feel Vannata should be like a -150 favourite.

so far i'm liking borg at -190. I've seen Maness fight a few times and don't think he's quite at that level. I think UFC is giving borg an easier matchup since he's lost 3 out of his last 5.

Back