UFC Fight Night: Brunson vs Shahbazyan

Shahbazyan reminds me of Rory so much. Extremely talented young kid, but I want to see how he does when he's pressured. I think if Brunson makes it out of the first round, he has a good shot of winning. Shahbazyan wilted hard in the third round of the Stewart fight. Don't think Shahbazyan should be as big of a favorite as he is.

Small cage is helpful for Borg's wrestling gameplan, but tbh with him he's always either missing weight or pulling out of fights so I don't put much thought to his matchups until very close to fight time where it's likely to happen.

Shahbazyan reminds me of Rory so much. Extremely talented young kid, but I want to see how he does when he's pressured. I think if Brunson makes it out of the first round, he has a good shot of winning. Shahbazyan wilted hard in the third round of the Stewart fight. Don't think Shahbazyan should be as big of a favorite as he is.
Well he clinched alot in that fight, his cardio improved for sure since that fight.
But this odds are terrible

Edmen hasn't fought a college wrestler yet

Derek Brunson was a Division II All-American

Prices on edmen are pretty high

-165 itd opener?

yikes

think I got him at like -170 a few months ago

Worth mentioning Derek Brunson's cardio is also pretty shocking, man was DONE by round three of his fight with Ian Heinisch

He's also STILL leaving his chin out when he throws strikes
Derek Brunson also got rocked in the first minute of this fight with a headkick lmfao, brother may genuinely be shot chin-wise

On first glance it seems like a pretty decent card for betting. So far I like Valiev, Meerschaert and Bobby Green. I know Bobby Green is unreliable as fuck, but I feel like Vannata is made from the same cloth. Also, Green is the better grappler Imo, so I see some value on him as a dog.

Valiev is very good, I'm surprised it took so long for the UFC to sign him. I don't really rate Emmers. He showed questionable fight iq against Chikadze who is a very low level grappler, yet he only started wrestling in the third round. Valiev is a lot better in the grappling aspect and should definitely trump Emmers in the striking department.

Herman is on a little run, but against terrible opponents and he's almost 40. Meerschaert should get the W here.

Also interested in Martinez and Nathan Maness, but have to research those bouts a little more.

On first glance it seems like a pretty decent card for betting. So far I like Valiev, Meerschaert and Bobby Green. I know Bobby Green is unreliable as fuck, but I feel like Vannata is made from the same cloth. Also, Green is the better grappler Imo, so I see some value on him as a dog.

Valiev is very good, I'm surprised it took so long for the UFC to sign him. I don't really rate Emmers. He showed questionable fight iq against Chikadze who is a very low level grappler, yet he only started wrestling in the third round. Valiev is a lot better in the grappling aspect and should definitely trump Emmers in the striking department.

Herman is on a little run, but against terrible opponents and he's almost 40. Meerschaert should get the W here.

Also interested in Martinez and Nathan Maness, but have to research those bouts a little more.
Vannata was outgrappling green in the first fight.

Vannata was outgrappling green in the first fight.
I see why you would say that based on the first round. But the whole guillotine sequence happened shortly after the knock down and illegal knee. Green definitely was stronger in the clinch.

I see why you would say that based on the first round. But the whole guillotine sequence happened shortly after the knock down and illegal knee. Green definitely was stronger in the clinch.
no also in the 2nd round, vannata had some nice takedowns. The official stats give Vannata 4 takedowns vs Green 1 takedown. Green managed to put Vannata against the fence a couple of times but that was more Vannata being exhausted and being happy to rest a bit than that he was outgrappling him.

Lando took Green down 4 times, although he secured no control.

I thought Lando won every round personally, almost finished Green twice in the first round, rocked him in the second, out landed him in the third.

All of Greens offense was jabs, which were landing and bloodied up Lando but never hurt him, and knees in the clinch.

Lando landed the bigger more powerful shot, got more takedowns, rocked Green twice, came closer to the finish and matched him on out put

What are we doing with Borg / Maness?

Can Maness stuff the takedowns? Bc that's all this fight comes down to.

Maness is going to be way bigger, but I'm not all that impressed with his striking based on his couple fights on YouTube.

Can he wrestle?

Meerschaert dec +338
jojo dec +120
Saenz dec +260
Giles dec +430
Guiteirrez itd +270

Lando took Green down 4 times, although he secured no control.

I thought Lando won every round personally, almost finished Green twice in the first round, rocked him in the second, out landed him in the third.

All of Greens offense was jabs, which were landing and bloodied up Lando but never hurt him, and knees in the clinch.

Lando landed the bigger more powerful shot, got more takedowns, rocked Green twice, came closer to the finish and matched him on out put
Exactly

This looks like a dog-or-pass kind of card, although odds aside I'm not a big fan of any of the dogs. The odds are a little wide on most of these fights at first glance. Maybe i'll throw a few bucks on an all-underdog round robin for fun.

Back