News Another comedian accused of rape..... this time of a 15 year old girl.

What is really going on here, being I'm the only woman in this thread who's in her 40s, and the only one he quoted is he's sat bouncing around giggling like a teenage girl thinking he's got one over on me. It really isn't even thinly veiled, it's pathetic.

He chose to quote me out of now 6 pages of men saying the same thing I was, but because he's a sexist twat he decided just to single me out.

yes. this is a real downside of internet discussions. people who would normally be ashamed of themselves for sharing their darkest thoughts now do with the confidence of anonymity.

the problem is making cases for detestable behavior over and over online cements the thinking and makes that person a worse human being over time.

ok. so you are doubling down on statutory rape apology. at least you are now being honest. you do apologize for statutory rape.

you are scum. its ok. embrace it man.
LOL ... no dude.

You're just seeing what you want to see here.

I'm not saying it's right I'm saying that what you consider wrong and taboo is considered normal on some level throughout most of the global population or at least it's reflected that way in their laws of consent

I think if it's true that it's freaking weird and creepy but that's in part my cultural bias.

At the same time I think it's arrogant to hold past situations to modern standards.

Just because prime Jose Aldo would've likely beat everyone in the first 5 UFC's doesn't make the accomplishments of guys like Royce Gracie any less impressive.

No, I'm not comparing Ross to Royce Gracie. LOL!

I don't know what the fucking comedian guy did but if it's true then it's fucking weird but so is age 16 being the age of consent to me.

Maybe the truth is he didn't do something with her till she was 16, which might be legal, but still it's fucking weird to me.

My point is, yeah, that shit is weird by my cultural standards but around most of the world the age of consent seems to hover around 16. So, what I might consider monsterous if it's considered normal by most of the world then it's hard to judge them as monsters if they are acting from a position where they have done nothing wrong.
What's more terrifying is that something monsterous can be normalized and seemingly normal nice and kind people can indulge in it without remorse.

Make no mistake, 15 from a broken home being np angel by a 33 year old is statutory rape. He groomed her. Doesn’t matter she consented because minors can’t consent. Doesn’t matter they stayed together for 7 years, he groomed her for that. He is a sick fuck and deserves jail. 15 is 10th grade. Sick

While I echo your sentiment entirely about the age thing, who is to say that he really did this? His statement was typical to a degree but contained some legitimately concerning claims if true. If what she claims is true, throw the book at him, but there's no real way to know if he did. I prefer to presume innocence no matter what the guy looks like.

While I echo your sentiment entirely about the age thing, who is to say that he really did this? His statement was typical to a degree but contained some legitimately concerning claims if true. If what she claims is true, throw the book at him, but there's no real way to know if he did. I prefer to presume innocence no matter what the guy looks like.

If all this publicity leads to legit bad men going down for crimes, and helps to keep some guys who might otherwise have been sex predators from doing that to people out of fear, then I wonder about the cost to people's reputations.

Like let's say 1 innocent guy goes down reputation wise and we catch 3 Harvy Weinstiens, do we call it worth it? After all, reputation damage is not the same as criminal charges.

If all this publicity leads to legit bad men going down for crimes, and helps to keep some guys who might otherwise have been sex predators from doing that to people out of fear, then I wonder about the cost to people's reputations.

Like let's say 1 innocent guy goes down reputation wise and we catch 3 Harvy Weinstiens, do we call it worth it? After all, reputation damage is not the same as criminal charges.

I get what you're saying, but just because someone says something a decade later and the guy looks like a ham sandwich under a heat lamp, it doesn't mean he did it.

I get what you're saying, but just because someone says something a decade later and the guy looks like a ham sandwich under a heat lamp, it doesn't mean he did it.

No, of course it doesn't. I really wish there were a means by which he could exonerate himself. The problem with accusations like this is you can't really say much back. Someone calls you a misogynist, what are you going to say, other than, "No, I'm not a misogynist" - you can't really point out your "record" because it's not enough - since we're having a conversation about what is going on inside a persons head! ... And often times we don't even know what's going on in our own heads.

No, of course it doesn't. I really wish there were a means by which he could exonerate himself. The problem with accusations like this is you can't really say much back. Someone calls you a misogynist, what are you going to say, other than, "No, I'm not a misogynist" - you can't really point out your "record" because it's not enough - since we're having a conversation about what is going on inside a persons head! ... And often times we don't even know what's going on in our own heads.

You're absolutely correct. Ross could be really a nice guy. These are serious claims and if they're false, they could basically end this guy's career and destroy his life when it didn't happen or she was possibly of age and it was consensual. There's no real way to know. I just don't think without evidence of it, you have need to err on the side of caution and not ruin this guy's life based off of one claim.

You're absolutely correct. Ross could be really a nice guy. These are serious claims and if they're false, they could basically end this guy's career and destroy his life when it didn't happen or she was possibly of age and it was consensual. There's no real way to know. I just don't think without evidence of it, you have need to err on the side of caution and not ruin this guy's life based off of one claim.

I err on the side of caution too, but, it’s a sticky situation. Victims of these assaults have to be the primary consideration.

And if we’re really going to look into the abyss with this stuff, we also have to ask what’s to be done in the case of a false claim? I don’t think ruining a person like they would have ruined you makes sense for a whole host of reasons. In aftermath of a case of genuine false accusation, the accuser probably needed mental health services that they couldn’t get anywhere growing up.

I have no opinion on this Ross guy but my concern is how quick people are to get out their pitchforks and tear someone apart these days without evidence.

It's way way too easy for people to just virtue signal as they call for someone to be dragged into the street and shot because of an alleged crime.

It seems people don't even want to have any if much conversation on the deeper implications on society as a whole or how things have changed they just want to chime in to feel like a good person as someone else gets crucified.

i concede that point and have edited. this whole post stand though.

you made a claim undermining women who are against statutory rape saying it was REALLY motivated by jealousy that they aren't getting the sexual attention from the statutory rapists and you have nothing to back it up?

ok statutory rape apologist.
As I already said, it was an opinion, so of course I have nothing to back it up. And again just to clarify, since you love throwing the word rape around (although you are least throwing statutory in there now), the statement was about consensual sex with a person of sexual maturity, and again just to clarify, I started by saying that guys in there 30's shouldn't be messing around with 15 year olds. And finally, since you seem to misunderstand the meaning of the word "opinion", here is the definition from Merriam Webster:
Definition of opinion
1a: a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter

It seems most people don't know that in the past by the age of 12 you were a fully grown adult with real adult responsibilities. It was around the age of 13 that David Farragut was tasked with capturing an enemy ship, clearly his superiors didn't think him too young for the job. Compare that real responsibility with the false responsibility of homework, one has a direct impact on the people around you and the other has no impact on anybody.

Somehow, someone decided that expending adolescence would be a good idea, that locking people up in classrooms away from the world would be more beneficial for them and the world at large than being engaged with the family, community and the world at large.
Or maybe we understand more about social and psychological development now than we did centuries ago. And don't have a pressing need for children to take on adult lives as soon as possible.

I have no problem with middle aged women. I'm a middle aged man in a long term relationship with a middle aged woman. But I do have a problem with the automatic presumption of guilt that the pitchfork crowd drums up whenever a situation like this comes up.
That's because an adult having sex with a minor is automatically at fault.

I know.

Whenever the periodic "Hot teacher sleeps with child in his crib!" posts show up I don't even bother clicking.
In a way I almost envy them for knowing so little about sexual abuse, and the absolutely horrific damage it can cause

Must be nice.

That's because an adult having sex with a minor is automatically at fault.
I understand the law, but I am speaking in the broader sense of the recent cases where just the accusation is enough to end a career, or worse.

Back