Rate the "robberies": Khabib-Tibau, GSP-Hendricks, Silva-Brunson, Jones-Reyes

Beylerbey

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So these four fights are commonly seen as robberies in favour of these highly regarded fighters (well, Silva was already flushed by the time the Brunson fight happened but I just added it for good measure). But which do you think is the most egregious? Rank them from the most to the least egregious decision.

edit: fugg I meant Jones-Reyes

How about you contribute to the thread and post your rankings instead of flaming me?
I thought about it but you aren’t a person that merits a real conversation. I mean tonight you’ve shown your true colors. You’ll forgive jones in the same scenario that you have badgered on about GSP for the last 2 years or however long you’ve been poisoning these boards

I thought about it but you aren’t a person that merits a real conversation. I mean tonight you’ve shown your true colors. You’ll forgive jones in the same scenario that you have badgered on about GSP for the last 2 years or however long you’ve been poisoning these boards
Yet here you are, quoting me for the 3rd time tonight instead of contributing to the thread. Obsessed much?

So these four fights are commonly seen as robberies in favour of these highly regarded fighters (well, Silva was already flushed by the time the Brunson fight happened but I just added it for good measure). But which do you think is the most egregious? Rank them from the most to the least egregious decision.

edit: fugg I meant Jones-Reyes

Reyes-Jones
Silva - Brusnon
Khabib - Tibau
Hendricks - GSP

According to the media:

Kbre4M7.png

Yet here you are, quoting me for the 3rd time tonight instead of contributing to the thread. Obsessed much?
Oh this is a straight call out of your constant badgering bullshit. You still haven’t answered why Jones gets a pass in your mind for doing the exact thing GSP did. No one is obsessed but you, I don’t think we need to go there to prove that.

Jones vs Brunson <45>

Seriously, neither of these are "robberies".
In fact, I agree with the Khabib-Tibau and Anderson Silva-Brunson decisions.
Funnily, the other two fights - both title defenses by a long-reigning dominant champ - are much more debatable.

Oh this is a straight call out of your constant badgering bullshit. You still haven’t answered why Jones gets a pass in your mind for doing the exact thing GSP did. No one is obsessed but you, I don’t think we need to go there to prove that.
Are you gonna contribute to the thread and post your rankings or not?

Silva/ Brunson - can't fathom how Silva won 2 rounds. Mental gymnastics.

Tibau / khabib - striking and grappling nullified in every round in an uneventful fight. Neither guy really did much of anything. I'd have to watch it again.

Reyes / Jones - close fight. Haven't ever watched it again. I think I had Reyes winning but I don't remember. Would need to watch again.

GSP / Hendricks - most embellished "robbery" ever. Touted as the biggest robbery due IMO to the horrendous one-sided commentating of Rogan. It came down to how you scored round 1. I thought it was a pretty even round that could have gone either way. People act like this should have been 50-45 or 49-46 Hendricks when it's clear as day Hendricks won rounds 2 and 4, GSP 3 and 5, no 10-8 rounds. If people want to discuss the obvious flaws in scoring rounds that kind of come to light in a fight like this, I can agree. Hendricks did more facial damage. Rounds are not scored differently due to facial damage though. It was a close fight, arguable for either guy.

Last edited:
I don't see any as robberies, these are more similar to a Romero vs Costa or Volk vs Holloway fights, decisions that are debateable but there is no clear cut consensus.
Maybe only Jones vs Reyes qualifies, but there are still lots of people thinking Jones won that.

An example of robbery would be Lawler vs Condit.

I agree with one of the results (Khabib-Tibau) disagree with the others (GSP-Hendricks, Jones-Reyes, Silva-Brunson) but overall I can see all these fights going either way.

Tibau was stucked against the fence for a long time and was the only one with visible damage at the end, so no problem.

Hendricks vs GSP is only about the first round, everybody agrees with the other rounds, and that round was quite competitive. I get it since GSP clearly lost the overall fight, but round by round split makes sense either way.

I don't remember Silva Brunson well enough to comment it.

The only one I truly disagree with is Jones Reyes, where I strongly feel like Reyes won the first three rounds. Considering that many Jones fans went "the championship rounds matter more!", it's quite clear that they aren't exactly confident about those three rounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back