Looks like Khabib is getting political in retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Islam does permit the killing of innocent ppl then you are fine with it? You don't see a problem with this way of ethics?

I'm no expert on what is deemed "guilty" according to Islam. Drawing unwanted pictures or showing them to ppl who don't care about it seems "guilty" enough to be beheaded apparently (the beheaded teacher didn't force anyone to stay in the room when he showed the pictures according to the sources that I have seen). So I don't know what you mean by "innocent people".

I don't need to be fine with it bro because I know it isn't permitted in any capacity.

Innocent people in Islam is anyone that you aren't fighting on a "battlefield" i.e non combatants.

France was directly and deeply involved in despicable acts in Algeria, with no third-party persecutors to hide behind. The French first invaded the country in 1830. By the time the new colony was “settled” in 1875, an estimated 825,000 indigenous Algerians had been killed. More than 1 million European immigrants then gradually arrived. Algeria was soon classified as an overseas department — an integral part of France.

The governing regime that developed was quasi-apartheid, and the bloodletting was incessant. Poignantly, when Europe was celebrating the defeat of Nazi Germany on V-E Day — May 8, 1945 — France was brutally quelling peaceful anti-occupation protests in Algeria. Some 45,000 Algerian men, women and children were killed in the regions of Setif, Guelma and Kherrata.

The massacres intensified anti-colonial dissent, and the conflict became increasingly savage. After independence in 1962, the victorious National Liberation Front claimed that 1.5 million Algerians had been killed in the war, with double that number displaced from their homes.

These horrors are not simply of the past. This dark legacy carries on to the present

Truly one of the most brutal conflicts in modern history for all parties involved and the majority of people don't even know it took place.

It became the proving grounds for modern terror, guerrilla, and shock tactics.

That's not accurate I lived in one of the heaviest Muslim population areas in my country and the stance from a Pakistani Shia Muslim is the original qur'an does not condemn it.
More modern tobacco fatwas clearly mean very little.

1. Shia's aren't considered to be Muslim by the mainstream scholars of Islam as they ascribe partners with God and reject the hadith of the earliest caliphs in Islamic history as the believe that rulership should come from the lineage of the Prophets family etc

2. We don't just take religion from the Quran only but there is a quote that says "do not harm yourselves with your own hands" from Surah Baqarah 2:195 and numerous hadith which forbid anything which harms ones health.

I don't need to be fine with it bro because I know it isn't permitted in any capacity.

Innocent people in Islam is anyone that you aren't fighting on a "battlefield" i.e non combatants.

Well then, what is the punishment for apostasy according to Islam?

Truly one of the most brutal conflicts in modern history for all parties involved and the majority of people don't even know it took place.

It became the proving grounds for modern terror, guerrilla, and shock tactics.
Isn't the French Foreign Legion STILL IN ALGERIA too?

1. Shia's aren't considered to be Muslim by the mainstream scholars of Islam as they ascribe partners with God and reject the hadith of the earliest caliphs in Islamic history as the believe that rulership should come from the lineage of the Prophets family etc

2. We don't just take religion from the Quran only but there is a quote that says "do not harm yourselves with your own hands" from Surah Baqarah 2:195 and numerous hadith which forbid anything which harms ones health.
My dad worked on merchant ships between Japan and Indonesia. Last I checked Indonesia is a Sunni nation and the most populated Muslim nation in the world.

Every smoked like fucking chimneys there.

Are you a naturalist?

I have like 10 theories of the universe, and pretty much all of them are creationist, but I don't believe in the gods as we describe them in books.

The theory I tend to align with most is that this universe was created, but not by a God. I believe it may have been created by beings. I believe an advanced race of beings with millions of years of scientific progress and a complete understanding of atomics and other sciences we don't yet understand created this universe, from an alternate reality.

They created the universe with the properties and physics we see in order for life to evolve the way it does, in what I would consider somewhat of a scientific experiment. The universe may be an infinite source of power designed to expand and contract for infinity, never gaining or losing energy, but constantly changing energy into different forms. This self contained power source eventually contracts back into a single point only to expand once again in a never ending cycle of life, continually expanding and contracting. (The big bang theory)

Then again, Perhaps there is no contraction and what we have now is all we will ever get, and the atoms and particles that make up our universe have a finite life cycle, and once they decay the universe will forever be devoid of life, until the next one is created.

Imo we don't have souls and we are not really special. We are a byproduct of the way our universe evolves. The universe evolves creatures like us wherever the right ingredients exist. We are just animals.

Maybe the beings who created this universe live in an alternative reality where the laws of physics are completely different, and they understand how to engineer universes with different physics, different evolutionary paths, and perhaps they use these universes as a way to better understand life, studying what happens and accumulating knowledge to apply to future universes they engineer.

One might ask if I believe this universe was created by beings, then who created those beings? I don't know. I just know it wasn't the gods we describe.

Tldr version

-Our universe may have been designed by intelligent beings from another reality
- Our universe may be an experiment to better understand different evolutionary processes and the effect of different physics on living beings, and ultimately what it can produce
- We are just animals part of a larger study, we are not special

Last edited:
what would you do to the shia if there were no consequences and nobody saw?

My dad worked on merchant ships between Japan and Indonesia. Last I checked Indonesia is a Sunni nation and the most populated Muslim nation in the world.

So what? Doesn't mean it's allowed just because people do it.

I know hundreds of people who don't stick to the speed limit. Does that mean speeding is allowed?

Do you apply this standard to Scientologists and flat-earthers also ?

Religion is a series of beliefs which people choose to hold. And they can walk away any time they like. It is totally different to skin color.

Dumb beliefs should always be open to mockery. Especially when the belief is "don't draw pictures of this guy or we'll kill you"
I'm not going to get into the weeds of all that. Bottom line is France needs to be consistent like we are. Either you have free speech or you don't. France allows ppl to be jailed for certain mockery and not others. This is patently unfair and causes rage by offended who have no recourse when others do.

They still own some territory yes, but they're not in conflict or anything.

They just use the desert as a training ground. It's part of their tradition.

I think part of the peace was that the FFL gets to keep their base.

No proof is explicit instruction from the scripture that this behaviour is allowed. If that was true then you could claim it's in the name of Islam, but because it isn't, it's done in the name of a misguided criminal who let his emotions get the better of him
Reading that book would make me complisit . Is it in the Q to marry a child

I know hundreds of people who don't stick to the speed limit. Does that mean speeding is allowed?
The issue though is you claim smoking along with drinking isn't allowed based either on the Hadiths or the Quran. And yet, I probably know more Muslims that smoke than non-Muslims. So that means, either it doesn't actually matter or people feel there is a trade off and that whatever they get from not following that rule isn't worth following.

so if beheadings and terrorist attacks are not permitted, then why they are so prevalent in the muslim world?
why is it now the only religion where people behead other people in the name of said religion?
is the muslim community rotten to permit the development of such cases which are more numerous inside the muslim community than in any other religious community in the world?

The issue though is you claim smoking along with drinking isn't allowed based either on the Hadiths or the Quran. And yet, I probably know more Muslims that smoke than non-Muslims. So that means, either it doesn't actually matter or people feel there is a trade off and that whatever they get from not following that rule isn't worth following.

Or more likely they don't know. Muslims aren't born knowing their religion. It requires studying and investigation.

All these stories of "I know more more Muslims that do 'X' than non Muslims" is completely irrelevant and most likely false.

They still own some territory yes, but they're not in conflict or anything.

They just use the desert as a training ground. It's part of their tradition.

I think part of the peace was that the FFL gets to keep their base.
The FFL still being around in the modern days surprises me. Given so many dude's getting jammed up by the criminal justice system use it as a way to reset their lives. You'd think like the UN or EU would get up in arms over it.

so if beheadings and terrorist attacks are not permitted, then why they are so prevalent in the muslim world?
why is it now the only religion where people behead other people in the name of said religion?
is the muslim community rotten to permit the development of such cases which are more numerous inside the muslim community than in any other religious community in the world?

The Muslim community isn't reponsible for what nutcases do anymore than you are responsible for what white racists do around the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back