Law House votes to legalize marijuana

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
"
Washington (CNN)The House of Representatives has approved legislation that would decriminalize marijuana and seek to "address the devastating injustices caused by the War on Drugs."

Friday's vote in the Democratic-led House is the first time a chamber of Congress has voted on federal marijuana decriminalization. It has little chance of passing the Republican-led Senate, however.
The bill passed largely along party lines: 222 Democrats, five Republicans and Rep. Justin Amash, a libertarian, voted in support while 158 Republicans and six Democrats voted against.
The Republicans who voted for the bill are Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz, the bill's co-sponsor, as well as Reps. Brian Mast of Florida, Tom McClintock of California, Denver Riggleman of Virginia and Don Young of Alaska. The Democrats against were Reps. Cheri Bustos and Dan Lipinski of Illinois, Henry Cuellar of Texas, Conor Lamb of Pennsylvania, Chris Pappas of New Hampshire and Collin Peterson of Minnesota.

"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/04/politics/house-vote-more-act-marijuana-legislation/index.html

Yes TYT I get it you don't like them but they where one of the first to cover it.

Not gonna pass the senate.

There are a number of Republicans rumored to support it but are waiting for the new administration to support it.

Riggleman should run as an indy or even dem. He is one of the few non trump cult Republicans.

There are a number of Republicans rumored to support it but are waiting for the new administration to support it.

I pretty seriously doubt that. Probably won't even be voted on if Mconnell is still in charge.

Riggleman should run as an indy or even dem. He is one of the few non trump cult Republicans.
There are actually many who rumored to support it but know that Trump would drag them through the mud they are sitting out till the new administration makes the change but would like McConnell to be replaced out of worry of repercussions.

I pretty seriously doubt that. Probably won't even be voted on if Mconnell is still in charge.
Funny check out my post above about McConnell.

Good news. I don't smoke weed really as I just kind of outgrew it, but I'm for it being legal. Stoner culture can be annoying, but it's the lesser of the two evils when compared to alcohol. Pot is actually legal in the State I live in. There are 4 dispensaries that anybody can go to here.

Lol at devastating injustices caused by the war on drugs though. I do think that some drug laws are too extreme, but everybody that gets busted knows the consequences beforehand. More like the devastating injustices caused by people that choose not to follow directions.

Last edited:
Good news. I don't smoke weed really as I just kind of outgrew it, but I'm for it being legal. Stoner culture can be annoying, but it's the lesser of the two evils when compared to alcohol.

Lol at devastating injustices caused by the war on drugs though. I do think that some drug laws are too extreme, but everybody that gets busted knows the consequences beforehand. More like the devastating injustices caused by people that choose not to follow directions.

You must fucking despise Thomas Jefferson.

Reps. Cheri Bustos
What a name.

Anyways, don't see this passing the Senate unless Team Red manages to fumble Georgia, though it would be great if some of the guys trumpeting personal freedom and limited government like Rand would grow a spine and cross party lines for this.

"
Washington (CNN)The House of Representatives has approved legislation that would decriminalize marijuana and seek to "address the devastating injustices caused by the War on Drugs."

Friday's vote in the Democratic-led House is the first time a chamber of Congress has voted on federal marijuana decriminalization. It has little chance of passing the Republican-led Senate, however.
The bill passed largely along party lines: 222 Democrats, five Republicans and Rep. Justin Amash, a libertarian, voted in support while 158 Republicans and six Democrats voted against.
The Republicans who voted for the bill are Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz, the bill's co-sponsor, as well as Reps. Brian Mast of Florida, Tom McClintock of California, Denver Riggleman of Virginia and Don Young of Alaska. The Democrats against were Reps. Cheri Bustos and Dan Lipinski of Illinois, Henry Cuellar of Texas, Conor Lamb of Pennsylvania, Chris Pappas of New Hampshire and Collin Peterson of Minnesota.

"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/04/politics/house-vote-more-act-marijuana-legislation/index.html

Genesis 1.29
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Hey, GUBMENT! God says to give me my weed and my MTV you fuck faces!!!

oh shit dropping knowledge

Back