Law House votes to legalize marijuana

I’m fine with states determining if they want it or how to regulate it. At a federal level, it doesn’t seem worth keeping laws against it in place.

There are actually many who rumored to support it but know that Trump would drag them through the mud they are sitting out till the new administration makes the change but would like McConnell to be replaced out of worry of repercussions.
Agreed. I don't think crossing party lines in this case is really controversial. If it easily passes the house, president supports it, and 70% of americans support it then it wouldn't be shocking for some republicans to vote on it.

Reactions: PEB
If we legalize marijuana across the nation, then what’s next? We legalize burning, looting and murder?

Agreed. I don't think crossing party lines in this case is really controversial. If it easily passes the house, president supports it, and 70% of americans support it then it wouldn't be shocking for some republicans to vote on it.

Republicans have mostly voted as a unit since the Obama era, regardless of whether they personally agree with the policy. See Romney and every other Republican voting against Obamacare.

Don’t decriminalize it-legalize it. I changed my mind on this about six years ago. Use the tax money to fund treatment centers for other drug use that is so detrimental to society and lives
<mma4>

I have had Trumptards tell me before they thought he would legalize it. Lmao

I’m fine with states determining if they want it or how to regulate it. At a federal level, it doesn’t seem worth keeping laws against it in place.
At a federal level; there’s a reason to think it’s unconstitutional, considering the 18th amendment was passed for the purpose of allowing the State to regulate a recreational drug, where’s the amendment to prohibit cannabis?

Of course the party of “muh constitution” (and the followers, gun owners, no step on snek types, the entire “Red team”) are okay with this federal overreach, because smelly hippies suck to them.

why would the illinois dems vote against it but allow it in illinois?(At least medically, not sure if its decriminalized yet)

. I do think that some drug laws are too extreme, but everybody that gets busted knows the consequences beforehand. More like the devastating injustices caused by people that choose not to follow directions.
The devastating injustice is the state fucking with bodily integrity.

why would the illinois dems vote against it but allow it in illinois?(At least medically, not sure if its decriminalized yet)
Probably has something to do with lost revenue for the state of lobbyists inside the state who make buttloads of cash running what is an illegal business, don’t have to compete with a Phillip Morris or Amazon when they’re national/international companies who have to comply with the law.

As always follow the money

Don’t decriminalize it-legalize it. I changed my mind on this about six years ago. Use the tax money to fund treatment centers for other drug use that is so detrimental to society and lives
Exactly. The war on drugs is a war on symptoms, not on disease. But it's always easier to focus on secondary problems instead of primary ones. Especially when the primary one can be so varied and hard to pinpoint.

Exactly. The war on drugs is a war on symptoms, not on disease. But it's always easier to focus on secondary problems instead of primary ones. Especially when the primary one can be so varied and hard to pinpoint.

I can’t get to the point where I am ok with heroin and drugs like that being available at stores. I can’t imagine my back going out and instead of seeing a doctor, I stop in cvs and grab 20 Percocet, but they would probably want to keep those controlled so insurance would put for it

Back