Social How come most black people are Democrats?

Yeah, I'm tapped out on these clowns today. The combination of ignorance and willful disregard tells you everything you need to know about the fight that has to keep happening.
I only assume you're saying this in the context of your debate with another poster regarding the origin of the black voting habits shifting drastically to Dems and not in regards of other people's political opinions or point of views?

Likely fabricated, FYI.

There are recordings of him say a lot of these things. I kind of like a guy who did the most to push for black civil rights as a president was the same exact guy who referred to the bills that were being proposed as ngger bills. There is something to be said about an old white guy that believes in rights for everyone even though he doesn't relate enough to understand certain groups enough to be sensitive.

Before the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Republican Party was split between liberals/moderates in the Northeast, and conservatives, libertarians and moderates from the rest of the country besides the South. The Democratic Party was mainly split between the white working class in the Northeast and Midwest, and conservatives in the South who hated and resented Republicans for the Civil War and Reconstruction, plus blacks and other minorities. While a larger percentage of blacks voted Republican in those days, it was still a minority, around 25-33%. And the minority vote was tiny because the black vote was suppressed in the South and the Hispanic and Asian populations were minuscule compared to what they are now.

After Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, white liberals in the Northeast became Democrats, a higher percentage of blacks became Democrats, white conservatives in the South became Republicans (or at least started voting for Republicans), and increasing amounts of the white working class started voting Republican, mainly starting with Nixon and then peaking with Reagan (and Trump rode to victory with this vote in the Rust Belt in 2016).

The Southern Strategy, which Lee Atwater came up with and admitted to, and which subsequent RNC chairmen have confessed to and apologized for, embraced white racists in the South and other places, and alienated blacks and other minorities. A majority of Arab Americans and Muslim Americans and Asian Americans used to vote Republican. They now overwhelmingly vote Democrat. And Trump and the nationalist-populist wing of the Republican Party have alienated them even further.
Accurate post is accurate.

Democrats overwhelmingly voted for segregation in comparison to their Republican counterparts.
And Lincoln was a Republican too. Obama had Lincoln’s portrait up on his Oval Office Wall.

Trump took down the Lincoln portrait and replaced it with the founder of the Democrat party. It’s almost like the parties reversed roles over something!

Well it's no secret a decent portion of the Republican party attracts racists. Trumps presidency proved that. I could never be a Democrat, though there are a few things I agree with. But the Republican party refusing to progress to attract certain voters is what is making me no longer claim to be a Republican. I'm a right leaning Independent. Maybe some day I'll go back if they change.

Well it's no secret a decent portion of the Republican party attracts racists. Trumps presidency proved that. I could never be a Democrat, though there are a few things I agree with. But the Republican party refusing to progress to attract certain voters is what is making me no longer claim to be a Republican. I'm a right leaning Independent. Maybe some day I'll go back if they change.
yeah its disgusting them doing this. some of them where going to do too Gretchen.

A lot of us want to vote republican. But then see these dudes at republican events and it turns people away.

7011750_white_power_anaheim_rally.jpg
<TheWire1>

There are recordings of him say a lot of these things. I kind of like a guy who did the most to push for black civil rights as a president was the same exact guy who referred to the bills that were being proposed as ngger bills. There is something to be said about an old white guy that believes in rights for everyone even though he doesn't relate enough to understand certain groups enough to be sensitive.

The last one specifically is a likely fabrication. He definitely used some rough language. Snopes piece on it:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/lbj-voting-democratic/

Always be wary when someone is "quoted" saying something for the first time 20-plus years after they die.

I’m on the same boat as you. I’m a Catholic a flawed one but still a catholic. The older I get the more conservative I’m becoming but it’s very very hard to vote republican, when I see a pack of Nazi low riders and other neo Nazi groups backing the Republican Party.

I’m black.

I’m a conservative because I value fair competition and success.

Most of my fellow black people are struggling financially or come from poor depressed neighborhoods.

Poor people tend to vote democrat.

Successful black people tend to go right like Little Wayne, Akon, Kanye West. Etc.
The last one specifically is a likely fabrication. He definitely used some rough language. Snopes piece on it:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/lbj-voting-democratic/

Always be wary when someone is "quoted" saying something for the first time 20-plus years after they die.

That isn't the famous quote on this subject. It is "We have lost the south for a generation". In a book by one of his aids he claims Lyndon he claims:

When he signed the act he was euphoric, but late that very night I found him in a melancholy mood as he lay in bed reading the bulldog edition of the Washington Post with headlines celebrating the day. I asked him what was troubling him. "I think we just delivered the South to the Republican party for a long time to come," he said.

I don't think that it is unusual for people to bring up quotes and stories after someone has died. If you excluded everything that wasn't immediately written down or recorded, there would not be much to talk about.

That isn't the famous quote on this subject. It is "We have lost the south for a generation". In a book by one of his aids he claims Lyndon he claims:

When he signed the act he was euphoric, but late that very night I found him in a melancholy mood as he lay in bed reading the bulldog edition of the Washington Post with headlines celebrating the day. I asked him what was troubling him. "I think we just delivered the South to the Republican party for a long time to come," he said.

I don't think that it is unusual for people to bring up quotes and stories after someone has died. If you excluded everything that wasn't immediately written down or recorded, there would not be much to talk about.

The sentiment expressed in the two quotes are pretty opposing. In the one that TGA referenced, LBJ is presenting signing the CRA as a cynical political move and something he didn't really believe in. In the one you're referring to, he's expressing sorrow about the political fallout of the move. I suppose it's conceivable that the one you're talking about could be his real thinking, and TGA's is based on him trying to sell the move to skeptical allies. LBJ did modulate his message (and, as Snopes points out, even his inflection) depending on his audience. But I think the evidence is pretty clear that A) it's an issue he genuinely believed in, and B) that it wasn't, in fact, a political winner. And I'd add that LBJ would certainly have known B. The attempt to smear him with a made-up quote 20 years after his death is just part of the usual racist approach of dragging everyone else in the mud with them (and, remembered quotes first reported 20 years after someone dies are never reliable).

http://www.lbjlibrary.org/lyndon-ba...message-to-the-congress-the-american-promise/

The Great Society. Lyndon Johnson is alleged to have said "I'll have those n***ers voting Democrat for 200 years."

Same with Mexicans and other ethnic minorities

most are socially conservative, but are hoodwinked by their community leaders (who are democrat operatives and surrogates) into thinking republicans are racist...

it also doesn’t help that republican are pushing neoliberal policies and most of these ethnic minorities come from lower income households.

that’s also why extra emphasis was put on trump being “racist”.

that’s the democrat wildcard.

What’s also interesting is how blacks accepted the msm narrative. Usually they are always suspicious of msm narrative, but now they felt for it hook, line and sinker.

The sentiment expressed in the two quotes are pretty opposing. In the one that TGA referenced, LBJ is presenting signing the CRA as a cynical political move and something he didn't really believe in. In the one you're referring to, he's expressing sorrow about the political fallout of the move. I suppose it's conceivable that the one you're talking about could be his real thinking, and TGA's is based on him trying to sell the move to skeptical allies. LBJ did modulate his message (and, as Snopes points out, even his inflection) depending on his audience. But I think the evidence is pretty clear that A) it's an issue he genuinely believed in, and B) that it wasn't, in fact, a political winner. And I'd add that LBJ would certainly have known B. The attempt to smear him with a made-up quote 20 years after his death is just part of the usual racist approach of dragging everyone else in the mud with them (and, remembered quotes first reported 20 years after someone dies are never reliable).

http://www.lbjlibrary.org/lyndon-ba...message-to-the-congress-the-american-promise/

Your quote is different than what I posted.

I only assume you're saying this in the context of your debate with another poster regarding the origin of the black voting habits shifting drastically to Dems and not in regards of other people's political opinions or point of views?
It is not just about the black vote but more generally about a host of people who spend zero time understanding the political and economic motivations and needs of black America. Despite their obvious and intentional ignorance, they still insist that they know the "real" problems facing black America. The self-same people who will hold up American history that is hundreds of years old to support American exceptionalism but then insist that history of a few decades is too old to matter now. The type of people who ask why is black America and the Dems are always talking about race but also turn every news story that they can into a personal commentary about race.

These people are clowns and their behavior is the type of thing that needs to be argued against vociferously.

Same with Mexicans and other ethnic minorities

most are socially conservative, but are hoodwinked by their community leaders (who are democrat operatives and surrogates) into thinking republicans are racist...

it also doesn’t help that republican are pushing neoliberal policies and most of these ethnic minorities come from lower income households.

that’s also why extra emphasis was put on trump being “racist”.

that’s the democrat wildcard.

What’s also interesting is how blacks accepted the msm narrative. Usually they are always suspicious of msm narrative, but now they felt for it hook, line and sinker.

I love this notion you guys have that's it's Dems who trick Mexicans into believing Republicans are racist and not the president calling them rapists and criminals and referring to them as trash. Poor conservatives, always the victim.

I love this notion you guys have that's it's Dems who trick Mexicans into believing Republicans are racist and not the president calling them rapists and criminals and referring to them as trash. Poor conservatives, always the victim.

So, what was the trick? Letting Trump talk?

Likely fabricated, FYI.
They sound true and exactly within the character of LBJ as well as the overall general outlook of the Democratic Party from then to today.

Who makes up a memorable comment like that famous last one?

Back