Did you get beaten as a kid?

As a small pain in the ass kids, my mom would use wooden spoons or a wrapped up magazine. Just smacks on the ass. My Dad never needed to. He would yell and that was enough. One of my best friends though, was a black kid from South Carolina. His Dad used a “Switch”. That’s not something common where we were. I’m not saying he didn’t deserve it most of the time as he was as we were always doing crazy shit, but he sometimes couldn’t sit for a few days and would Howl so loud I could hear him 3 houses away.

Never got hit, but I did get the belt a few times, and a few slaps upside the back of the head.

My mom slapped me in the face once when I called her a bitch. I was like 6 and had no idea what it meant. She immediately started crying and hugging me afterwards.

Yes, but Not nearly enough.

Nope. never. probably would have been better off if I had been. I'll beat the shit out of my future kids(when they need/deserve it of course)

All the time, but I suppose it wasn’t as bad as some. Worse was with a carving board that left my backside a solid purple for a few weeks. Ended up spanking my boys until the oldest was around 8, and then stopped when I noticed they flinched when I made quick movements around them.

Lots of ways to keep your kids in line without it, and wish I never did. Like father like son.

My dad was as mean wasp plus it was normal back then to get ass whoopings...they still gave swats in school when I was young. I never touched my kids probably because negative dad experiences.

Probably was too lenient.. their mom always said they are not your friends... i said why not?

Last edited:
All the time, but I suppose it wasn’t as bad as some. Worse was with a carving board that left my backside a solid purple for a few weeks. Ended up spanking my boys until the oldest was around 8, and then stopped when I noticed they flinched when I made quick movements around them.

Lots of ways to keep your kids in line without it, and wish I never did. Like father like son.
my dad used to have us drill like 100 holes in the paddle for less air resistance. Then he'd blame us for breaking it doh? and start using his sizable fists....My dads like 6'4" 240, after about 82' he never touched us tho. But i didnt talk to him for about 15 years after HS. Never wanted to be that guy

my dad used to have us drill like 100 holes in the paddle for less air resistance. Then he'd blame us for breaking it doh? and start using his sizable fists....My dads like 6'4" 240, after about 82' he never touched us tho. But i didnt talk to him for about 15 years after HS. Never wanted to be that guy
I feel you. I didn’t think it was so bad until my sons became scared of me. That honestly broke my heart.

People can raise theirs(minus straight abuse) however they wish, but I don’t wish to be my old man.

Yeah got hit my dad and by my teachers, but never on the face

I ducked a slap to the face from my mum and she smashed her hand into the wall. Never hit me again. Just mentally destroyed me instead.

I got a few spankings. lucky for me my Dad moved away when i was in grade two! :confused:

yeah my dad gave me whippings and looking back it was always for a good reason, never abusive or unwarranted despite how I felt about it as a kid because I thought I knew everything as a kid, my mom spoiled the shit out of me. Glad he did it too. I have nothing bad to say about him. He had a bad temper, he had it rough from his dad and he did the best that he could.

The guy is a complete angel today at age 83 and I view him as one of my idols. If I am half the man my dad was I would consider myself blessed.

Last edited:
Yeah. But the way I saw it, was everyone takes a beating sometimes.

tenor.gif

not really tbh
I could run like the wind.
so the PRs in NYC couldn't catch me
and the others were too stupid and slow.

Other than some spankings as a little kid, I got too cheeky and received a slap across the face when I was a little older. I earned it, and that slap honestly did check me pretty good and smartened me up. It didn't hurt or anything, but the message was clear.

Nothing abusive. Measured discipline, and I thank my parents for it.

Back