Did you get beaten as a kid?

My parents were secretly conditioning me. We didn't have much money, so we didn't have gloves.
punch1.jpg

Beaten with fists, legs, fire pokers among other things, burned with cigarettes and a hot iron, cut with knives, head slammed into piano bench and a brass headboard that left a dent that is still there today. I never take my shirt off in front of anyone ever due to the scars.

Not to mention the years of verbal and sexual abuse.

I grew up in the country, many times had to go rip a branch off for my whooping. My dad was a miserable sob, took great pleasure in it. Many times I got whooped every hour, on the hour until bed, with a thick wooden paddle. Had to sign my name on it then for extra humiliation.

I've never hit my son!

Not really, spanked a few times as a toddler but that's about it.

Kinda surprised how common it seems for parents to go to town on their kids. I've never considered hitting my daughter.

My parents were shit..... mom would rage and beat me with whatever was handy. Dad was either at work or at the bar. I have one fond memory of him grabbing a full handful of hair, dragging me across the living room and right out the front door.

I think people should have to go through basic parenting classes before being allowed to have kids. There are a ton of people out there that don’t understand how fucked up they are and might change with a little education

Nope. never. probably would have been better off if I had been. I'll beat the shit out of my future kids(when they need/deserve it of course)

You may want to count how many guys here that did get hit say they’ll never do that to their kids. Unless you want your kids saying that about you

Beaten with fists, legs, fire pokers among other things, burned with cigarettes and a hot iron, cut with knives, head slammed into piano bench and a brass headboard that left a dent that is still there today. I never take my shirt off in front of anyone ever due to the scars.

Fuuuck dude..... it takes a lot of inner strength to survive shit like that and still be functioning on any level

I had crazy parents so yes i was beaten all the time. Sometimes my mom would just make shit up.

Very often, with clothes hangar at first, then graduated to cane, then wooden chair support

Almost every time is for sneaking to arcades when I wasn't suppose to. Back then, arcades were a seedy place rumoured to be place frequent by the unsavoury types, but I love playing in the arcades. Double Dragon, Final Fight, Street Fighter 2, etc...

So I did it knowing I'd get beat if I got caught, so when I did get caught, I accepted the punishment.
I understood what it was, as an Asian kid, that was an ubiquitous experience shared by all my friends and classmates, so it did not scar me or traumatise me as I later learned that could be a possibility when I moved to Canada in my early teens how other culture sees corporal punishment.

My parents tried spanking me once, but I was 9ish, so I was a bit old, and laughed while my dad did it, and I was never spanked again. I was always left alone as a child tho, so that was way worse as it terrified me.

I got smacked a bit, always deserved it when it happened I reckon. I used to cop the wooden spoon sometimes as well, one time my dad broke it on my arse ha ha, the fuckin thing flew up and hit the ceiling ha ha

A mate of mine is Malaysian, he said he got whipped every week "cause he had Asian parents", they don't fuck around that's for sure.

Merry Christmas

God bless us. Everyone.

Yes, almost every day. It was awful.

No, moresay.

And a Merry Christmas to you too.

Hey man, pimpin ain't easy.

For sler.

Any of youse 'member wooden mops? Old-school?

I would have thought all fighters got beatings as a kid. You dont think it makes someone meaner or tougher to be beaten as a child?

My dad lived in Polan of them.

Nope, because my parents got beaten bad by their parents and resented them for it

I got a lot nst her

When I did little asshole shit, I got little asshole punished yes.

Seasons Beatings!

If I ever swore or eat".

on the reg. I wads.

My mom would deal out the bother

Yes. I wokid though.

Fuck anyone who hits a child.

I was spanked and even caught thuppose.

I was smacked on the back of my legs and my mum slapped me round the face with a dishcloth once. Nothing drastic though.

Oh, in eer.

Yup no big deal

Had the wuce lol

Yea pretty often that's why I'll never hit my kids there's better ways to discipline them.

Wooden spoiminal.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Sure. But I doow.

Nope, mainly b/c I could read the room. When my mom broke out the "you're on thin ice" .... I knew to lay low until it all blew over.

Long story sher that.

I only remember being spanked once well for me

No.ood boi.

Beatinguse.

Only whpan.

i waabuse

my step . Ha!

Mother useestly.

I have Indian pareL.

It was different when I was go too bad.

My dad once usentality.

Grew up in the 80s, so yeah. I'd say the verbal and mental abuse and the neglect fucked me up more though.

My mom slapped mhe right reasons.

A few smacks in the face.

But all and all... probably not enough.

shieeeet, we ghable

By my mother? N. We get on well now.

"spare the rod and spoil the child"

My dad was ae.

Mom - reghat.

Yeah, and I earned most of them. Stardid.

the huarache strikes kept pussies whose parents used a regular sandal.

As a uses away.

Never got hit, but I did get theards.

Oh yeah, I got lumped up.

Yes, but Not nearly enough.

Nope. never. probably would have been better off if I had been. I'll beat the shit out of my future kids(when they need/deserve it of course)

All the time, buon.

Good for you. It’s an endless loop if you don’t stop it yourself.

My dad was as .. i said why not?

'Beaten' is a strong wthough

my dad used at guy

I feel you. I didn’t think it was so bad until my sons became scared of me. That honestly broke my heart.

Peomy old man.

Yeah got hit my dad and by my teachers, but never on the face

I ducked a slap to thead.

God bless God

bork1}

I got a few spankings. lucky for me my Dad moved away when i was in grade two! :confused:

yeah mlessed.

Yeah. But the ws.

not really tbh
nd slow.

Other than

Nothing abusive. Measured discipline, and I thank my parents for it.

My parents were secretly conditioning me. We didn't have much money, so we didn't have gloves.

I have a Korean mother...

It's missing a few thing. They are of their feet and back.

Beaten with

Nbuse.

This sounds like your parents punished your asshole

I grew up in the cou

son!

Not really, spanked a few times as a toddler but that's about it.

Kinda surprised how common it seems for parents to go to town on their kids. I've never considered hitting my daughter.

My parents were shit..... mom would r. I have one fond memory of him gran

You may want tbout you

Fuuuck dude..... it takes a lot of inner strength to survive shit like that and still be functioning on any level

I had crazy parents so yes i was beaten all the time. Sometimes my mom would just make shit up.

Very often, with .

My ped me.

No wonder we are gathered here merrily.

happy christmas

i did, broken arm, many spankings, lots of verbal abuse. Not angry about it anymore but it took time. these days things have went too far the other way, most of these stories that you guys are writing could easily get a parent locked up, which, i don't think really helps in most situations.

sorry to hear that, you're not alone, many of us never overcome it and even worse just do the same to our kids.

Back