Did you get beaten as a kid?

Eh I've never really believed in the whole beat them or the police will stuff. There are lots of ways to discipline kids, and all kinds of studies have shown hitting them doesn't work, and is likely to give them all sorts of issues when they get older.
all i can tell you is that these kids act worse than we did, talk shit and then they are soft as warm butter, there is also the corrupting influence of our entertainment culture where they all want to think they are some tough guy, Here man:

Hugh is like Frank Costanza, he keeps the tradition alive by starting with the airing of grievances!

And he says: "Happy Christmas!"
What a jolly good fellow!

“The Night I Called the Old Man Out” by Garth Brooks

Give it a listen

“The Night I Called the Old Man Out” by Garth Brooks

Give it a listen
naw, sounds like redneck bullshit. a girl named sue is a real redneck anthem.

Nice cheery topic for a Monday

did you used to catch a whooping regularly?

I got a mum smack quite regularly, ring hand, carpet beater, slipper

couple step dad type beatings

plenty of catholic teacher spankings, fucking psychos

merry christmas

I caught a few slaps but nothing more, all well deserved. Nothing against it, kids can be cunts, and at a certain age no amount of talking will do it. I sympathize with parents a lot, the more I watch people around me have kids. It's stressful shit. Obviously, there's a line that shouldn't be crossed.

all i can tell you is that these kids act worse than we did, talk shit and then they are soft as warm butter, there is also the corrupting influence of our entertainment culture where they all want to think they are some tough guy, Here man:

Lol I grew up in the ghetto dude, you don't have to try to convince me shitty people exist. All I'm saying is just beating them doesn't magically turn them into model citizens.

I am detached from my past now though, I hold no ill will towards anyone from those days
If only more people could do this we'd all be better off. Compartmentalize shit that's happened decades ago as it might as well have happened to a different person. Grudges and resentment breed generational conflict.

Merry Christmas.

Yes, almost exclusively in extreme circimstances. Overt and flagrant disrespect or anything that put me in danger. The latter I kinda think was for the best.

Like I probably won't risk hitting my kids for fear of the state taking them if you do. Still I don't think time out is disuasive enough and I'd prefer they are afraid of running into the road for fear of me slapping them over them risking time out to test their boundaries and getting run over.

I took more than a few beatings.

If you’re calm and cool with your kids, when you do raise your voice it means a lot more.

If I yell, the boy knows it’s something serious and to listen.

You fuckers. I dont know how to deal withyou

If only more people could do this we'd all be better off. Compartmentalize shit that's happened decades ago as it might as well have happened to a different person. Grudges and resentment breed generational conflict.
Same here, not totally grudge free, but overall I'm past it. Took time though and I try not to judge the people who can get past it

Last edited:
My mom tried to hit me once with a screwdriver. It was more comical than scary.

My dad pulled my hair once for using his office computer to make a LAN network to play starcraft against my brother when he was gone when he specifically told me not to. He pulled hard enough to split the skin behind my ear.

That wasn't that much in comparison to how much yelling there was and being blamed for my mothers outburst and failing marriage. My parents didn't start being nice to me and my brothers until I went to college and didn't call or visit them aside from christmas and thanksgiving. My mom got worried about me and my brothers not having a relationship with them after moving out. I didn't find out about this until many years later.

My dad was to be avoided at all costs when he was drinking

My mom had a bit of a temper but of she smacked ya chances are you earned it.

Back