PBP UFC Fight Night 187: Edwards vs. Muhammad - PBP Discussion: 5:00 p.m. ET/2:00 p.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This reminded me of when Hendo tore Franklins cornea out cuz he was getting his ass kicked. Except Leon was winning & Rich wasn’t crying like a vagina & they didn’t stop the fight.

Din Thomas thinks a guy who poked someone in the eye after being warned and sat out for a year and a half deserves a title fight

Ouch

4Ou0KWh.jpg

Yup it sunk in, dragged across and pulled out...the slo-mo replay was pretty nasty.

Just listen to the especially studio to get the full understanding of what's going on. Edwards is getting the push.

I don't think all actions are created equal. We're opening pandoras box. But you're not wrong anywhere else.

That's the main problem, but I can't think how else to cut it out than just blanket ban it and take points. It's pretty rare we see illegal headbutts on the ground but they were a massive part of the early UFC with Mark Coleman winning multiple fights with them. They were made illegal and now we rarely see them. I think similar will happen with eye pokes if you do the same and also maybe change the gloves.

Nut shots and back of the head shots will never leave unfortunatelly.

Sure. Why not? But Belal was taking a beating.
Plenty of examples of guys losing the first couple of rounds and coming back, but who was leading should have no bearing regardless. Leon’s actions caused the situation, he should lose.

If memory serves, Trevor Whitman was on the Joe Rogan Show and showed off some gloves he had designed which he claimed would eliminate eye-pokes. He showed them to the UFC but they weren't interested. Why? He theorized that the current deal the UFC has with the gloves manufacturer is so lucrative that they don't want to change it. So if he's correct, good old fashion corperate greed is to blame.
Sadly, that's the way of the corporate world. You'd figure they could get the manufacturer to just use the Pride design that they own the rights to, but that would still cost some money. Not worth it to them. Greedy bastards.

Plenty of examples of guys losing the first couple of rounds and coming back, but who was leading should have no bearing regardless. Leon’s actions caused the situation, he should lose.
No lies detected.

Back