Jake Paul vs Askren / Boxing MEGA Discussion

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I honestly think Paul wins. Aakren can't strike for shit and looks like his training regime for this has consisted of a 12 pack and and nachos on a nightly basis.

Ben Askren via 30 years of combat sports training
Wear and tear isn't a good thing. People on here act like the human body stays the same after each fight or gets better. There are diminishing returns.

Wear and tear isn't a good thing. People on here act like the human body stays the same after each fight or gets better. There are diminishing returns.

Yeah the guys had a hip replacement, the average age of people getting hip replacements is 70 years old, his body is shot.

Do people realise guys like Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder went to the Olympic games within 3 years of starting boxing? Jake Paul has access to world class trainers and sparring partners and has been doing it for 3 years.

If Lawler could beat the living death out of Askren and still lose, Jake should be a lil concerned.

It does amuse me how many comments are allong the lines of "he's just a youtuber".

So what?

Paul is a natural athlete, 6ft2 and 200lbs plus who is aggressive and dedicated and has spent essentially 3 years training with top coaches.

How do you think most pro fighters emerged? This isn't the 50's they aren't all street toughs who grew up fighting.
The vast majority are pretty much the same as Paul - gifted athletes at school who subsequently went into boxing/wrestling/bjj etc.

He beats 95% of Sherdoggers hands down.

People are trying to make it more than it is. This isn't an mma match it's stand up, I doubt the official let's the clinching go on for the period of time that ben needs for paul to get tired.

I honestly think Paul wins. Aakren can't strike for shit and looks like his training regime for this has consisted of a 12 pack and and nachos on a nightly basis.

I think the same. People dismiss paul because he's a youtuber and has silly jokes but he seems serious about boxing and even zan judah said he trains hard and he has hands. Plus he's in his athletic prime and much bigger than Ben. Also Ben is the worst striker to have ever been ranked in the ufc top 10 period. And he had him replacement not that long ago. I don't see how being an astounding wrestler makes him legit for boxing.

Do people realise guys like Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder went to the Olympic games within 3 years of starting boxing? Jake Paul has access to world class trainers and sparring partners and has been doing it for 3 years.

It does amuse me how many comments are allong the lines of "he's just a youtuber".

So what?

Paul is a natural athlete, 6ft2 and 200lbs plus who is aggressive and dedicated and has spent essentially 3 years training with top coaches.

How do you think most pro fighters emerged? This isn't the 50's they aren't all street toughs who grew up fighting.
The vast majority are pretty much the same as Paul - gifted athletes at school who subsequently went into boxing/wrestling/bjj etc.

He beats 95% of Sherdoggers hands down.

I agree with you guys. As I said people dismiss paul because of their disdain toward him and thus do not look at it objectively. I don't particularly like paul shenanigans or what he represents but I can see he's dedicated and serious about boxing and he's a much better athlete than Ben. Objectively he is the favourite.

The RBR is open at the top of the page guys. Enjoy the show tonight!!!

Freak athletes in the worse weight class of all 17 weight classes when it comes to actual skill.

Lmao. He has fought and sparred pros you jag. At this stage we do know. Causal
If you are so sure why are you not betting everything you have on it? If you have a sure thing why not become more wealthy off it? You would be a moron to miss a sure thing as you claim it is as non-casual. Betting on the sure thing is the easiest way to earn money in this world.

I'd say it is a 75% chance that paul catches him in the first 2 rounds.. after that point it is going to be all askren.

Back