Was Zhang/Rose an early stoppage?

Stopping hammerfists with your face is not intelligently defending yourself.

Weird thing about that kick is that it wasn't a question mark kick at all, yet it definitely looked somehow like a low kick (you can even see Zhang scooting her hips back) before smacking Zhang right in the jaw.

Very sneaky kick that would fool a lot of fighters. As you pointed out, clearly thought it was going to the leg. Seems like something Rose planned, probably saw how Weili reacts to low kicks against Joanna.

MammothPastHoiho-size_restricted.gif

Look at her eyes, far off stare the entire time.
ahh! feinted low kick and Zhang totally bought it!!

I'm no expert in kicking techniques. What about this differentiates it from a question mark?

There's a lot more hip action to really crank that foot up to the top.

Luke%2BRockhold%2BQuestion%2BMark%2BKicks%2BMichael%2BBisping%2B-%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B55%2BUberlandia.gif

fNf0cTi8VjbbO.gif

It's called a question mark kick because the path of the foot resembles a question mark: rising, then a big loop around.

I'm no expert in kicking techniques. What about this differentiates it from a question mark?
Question mark kicks begins in one trajectory, then mid kick there is a second motion, a snapping motion that redirects the kick.
Rose threw a switch kick if I remember correctly, but it was definitely no question mark kick, it went right through it’s original arc without zig zagging.

She was face down, ass up and getting clobbered. Good stoppage.

Question mark kicks begins in one trajectory, then mid kick there is a second motion, a snapping motion that redirects the kick.
Rose threw a switch kick if I remember correctly, but it was definitely no question mark kick, it went right through it’s original arc without zig zagging.
exactly

Weird thing about that kick is that it wasn't a question mark kick at all, yet it definitely looked somehow like a low kick (you can even see Zhang scooting her hips back) before smacking Zhang right in the jaw.
I was not a fan of rose I thought. She was
Unstable and emotional and i never gave her any credit even after she beat Joanna twice but now I am a fan and she is the best
War rose Screenshot_20210425-081252.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210425-081252.png
    Screenshot_20210425-081252.png
    406.1 KB · Views: 0
She was face down, ass up and getting clobbered. Good stoppage.
She was actually trying to get back up. Rose got on top of her and pushed her down.

fine stoppage
she 'recovered 'realatively fast only because the ref stepped in
in that position she was toast and seconds later would've been out cold

It didn’t get super necessary so I guess it was good enough

That was a great stoppage IMO. Zhang was out after these hammer fists.

She was stumbling and bumbling around all over the place after the stoppage.

So no.

But there will be some who say yes - the same one's who'd complain if they let it go longer and Rose put more of a beating on her.

Whoever thinks Zhang was defending the hammer fists needs to go get some prescription glasses ASAP..

There's a lot more hip action to really crank that foot up to the top.

Luke%2BRockhold%2BQuestion%2BMark%2BKicks%2BMichael%2BBisping%2B-%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B55%2BUberlandia.gif

fNf0cTi8VjbbO.gif

It's called a question mark kick because the path of the foot resembles a question mark: rising, then a big loop around.

No gif of henderson performing a question mark kick?

I am by no means one to bow to the Just Bleed gods but in watching the replay Rose knocks her down with the kick but it looked as if Zhang was getting up rather quickly and lucidly before getting hit with the two hammerfists which it looked like she was still defending. I want to add that I haven't rewatched this morning and am only going off my reaction of watching it in the post fight replay.
I thought she was still defending too, but when looking at the replay I saw Weili's left arm go limp when Rose's first hammerfist lands. To me, it was a fair stoppage at that point. You know Dana was already itching for a rematch during the after fight presser.

Back