News Shots fired from Dustin Poirier. He responds to Conor's tweets and gives overall thoughts

tenor.gif

no more like the very end of this gif when the camera zooms in on his face right after Herb steps in

it's awesome

McGregor wins. All yall musta forgot, gnome insane?

Come on then -- try to explain in clear rational terms WHY you think the sport of MMA needs McGregor to win? The sport is bigger than any 1 fighter. Fighters come, they rise, they attain, they fade, they fall, they leave.
- It's nothing new. The sport doesn't NEED any 1 single fighter. In fact NO sport NEEDS any one single player / participant to win. At all. Nope.

So you made a false statement, probably done from some kind of emotional fanboi perspective.
The statement I made was absolutely true. If Conor wins, there will be more eyes on this sport than there currently are. How many fans did the sport lose when Rousey lost? We are better off with bigger stars.

Not at all. The UFC might prefer he wins since he is their biggest star but they have to know the fights are dwindling down to the end for Conor. After taking more Ls he will soon bow out and run off in retirement with his money. The sport will be fine going forward as at some point there will be new stars.
If he pulls this off, he’s not dwindling, he’s fighting for a title. This fight could greatly extend his star power.

The statement I made was absolutely true. If Conor wins, there will be more eyes on this sport than there currently are. How many fans did the sport lose when Rousey lost? We are better off with bigger stars.

False, Conor is already on his way out so is Dustin for that matter. He only has a few fights left if he wins so he's only good a few more PPV's for the UFC. Not a big deal either way.... you clown

ezgif-2-ba364f466553.gif
flight-mode-concept-hand-holding-white-smartphone-turned-airplane-mode-screen-near-window-airplane_36367-314-1.jpg

False, Conor is already on his way out so is Dustin for that matter. He only has a few fights left if he wins so he's only good a few more PPV's for the UFC. Not a big deal either way.... you clown
Only a few fights left is a shit load of money though. Imagine this: wins this one, beats Charles, rematch with Diaz. There is so much left on the table that you haters neglect.

Nah Conor is still the superior boxer but Dustin sure isn’t no slouch.
Conor is a trash boxer. Conor got boxed up by Nate and by Khabib. Conor looked even worse vs Dustin, very basic and shitty boxing. Conor leaves himself off balance so much and throws the same 1-2 at terrible angles. Dustin countered him easy in the first very exchange of the 2nd fight, and then proceed to do it again and again all night long, until Dustin's boxing knocked Conor the fuck out.

Nice profile pic. The guy who Conor whipped with a torn ACL.

This is lazy ass posting on your behalf and doesn't invalidate anything I typed. Relax Conor hugger.

well on that, I can agree to an extent -- big names attract more eyes, more viewers, more clicks, and therefore more sponsors and more coverage. OK yes, I am not disputing that.

BUT the sport doesn't *need* any one individual. It can survive perfectly well without any one particular individual and that is my key point here.
And it's also true the sport doesn't *need* Georges St. Pierre, nor Anderson Silva, nor Ronda Rousey, nor Brock Lesnar, nor Masvidal, nor Khabib Nurmagomedov, nor Fedor Emelianenko, nor Cormier nor any other big names (pick any UFC or Bellator champion, past or present).
It brings eyes, and money and attention but there will always be someone else coming along.

The UFC are acutely aware of this, constantly, as they know fighters quit / retire / leave etc. So this is why Dana & Co sign new promising fighters all the time, and cut fighters who just aren't gonna "make it". This is succession planning and it happens in every business. Conor has been on his way out for quite a while. His star shone brightly for a while, yes, and if he can somehow manage to win this month, he will shine again for a bit longer. But not much longer, I can promise you that.

So...the short version of what i meant is I take issue with the word "need". That's all.

well on that, I can agree to an extent -- big names attract more eyes, more viewers, more clicks, and therefore more sponsors and more coverage. OK yes, I am not disputing that.

BUT the sport doesn't *need* any one individual. It can survive perfectly well without any one particular individual and that is my key point here.
And it's also true the sport doesn't *need* Georges St. Pierre, nor Anderson Silva, nor Ronda Rousey, nor Brock Lesnar, nor Masvidal, nor Khabib Nurmagomedov, nor Fedor Emelianenko, nor Cormier nor any other big names (pick any UFC or Bellator champion, past or present).
It brings eyes, and money and attention but there will always be someone else coming along.

The UFC are acutely aware of this, constantly, as they know fighters quit / retire / leave etc. So this is why Dana & Co sign new promising fighters all the time, and cut fighters who just aren't gonna "make it". This is succession planning and it happens in every business. Conor has been on his way out for quite a while. His star shone brightly for a while, yes, and if he can somehow manage to win this month, he will shine again for a bit longer. But not much longer, I can promise you that.

So...the short version of what i meant is I take issue with the word "need". That's all.
I’ll agree with yee, Sherbro.

The fans Conor brings to MMA at this point are not helping the sport at all. The only people that benefit are Conor and Dana. It does nothing for the star power or finances of anyone, except the person who beats Conor. This is an old argument that is just simply false

We seen Conor do ok against the GOAT of boxing, you can say Floyd went easy or whatever, he caught Floyd several times and looked great early.

No he didn't.

If you can post actual gifs of Conor catching Floyd several times (since I think he got one uppercut in), I'll post pictures of Tito Ortiz, Hayato "Mach" Sakurai, Phil Baroni and Randy Couture's dongs, and accept my sentence.

And no, the nut shot doesn't count

Last edited:
Ok, wasn’t Poirier’s wife giving Connor hugs and shit after the fight? And thanking him for changing her life with that red panty night

@Richard Fannin Floyd was getting touched easily by Conor, also that supposed “nut shot” was above where his cup even is. Floyd was in the corner getting touched several times in I believe the 3rd round. Then the clean uppercut.

I’m not sure Conor would win a boxing match, honestly. Dustin is a good striker. He can take a shot and seemingly hits pretty hard.
I never agreed with the narrative that Dustin was a hard hitter. He hit conor clean like 10 times before dropping him. Same against Gaethje he hit him like 20 times after rocking him and still didn't put him all the way out

Why the fuck do people put an apostrophe in "gets"?

That’s false, Conor is one of the best boxers we’ve ever seen in mma, he started as a amateur boxer. He has the fundamentals and technique down, his head movement and counters are there as well. We seen Conor do ok against the GOAT of boxing, you can say Floyd went easy or whatever, he caught Floyd several times and looked great early.

Dustin would also do well in boxing.
People are choosing to ignore Conor's skill level a bit too much these days. He's the more technically sound boxer, but he relies too much on his power to end a fight despite him not showing any consistency above 145.

Back