UFC Fight Night: Cannonier vs Gastelum - Discussion Thread

I got down on gas over a week ago and caught guidas opener

I would get away from bas. I know you’re not playing seriously but you are leaving money on the table by not having a bol account.

you would’ve been able to hedge your Cheisa play and made even more last night

It’s not hard to set up an account and doesn’t take much time

bas is a total wasteland now and only good for
Live betting, which bol also offers

You're probably right. The issue is I'm old school and hate dealing with crypto. I just want to make a deposit with my credit card and when I withdraw they send me a check. And the banks that issue credit cards block so damn many of the sites from allowing you to deposit. BAS actually accepted my cc for a deposit. Not sure if BOL will work the same way?

You're probably right. The issue is I'm old school and hate dealing with crypto. I just want to make a deposit with my credit card and when I withdraw they send me a check. And the banks that issue credit cards block so damn many of the sites from allowing you to deposit. BAS actually accepted my cc for a deposit. Not sure if BOL will work the same way?
They accept credit cards with a nominal fee

bas didn’t accept credit cards as far as I knew. Haven’t tried to deposit on there in a while

I think you still have the option for a check from bol

This is a tailor made matchup for guida to outgrind madsen

think gastelum is going to wear cannonier down over 5 rounds. If it was 3 rounds I’d favor cannonier but not in this spot

I think Guida is washed honestly. Going the distance with the ghost of BJ Penn...even in winning that's a red flag. BJ is getting KO'd by fat guys in bar parking lots and stuff and Guida can't put him away? I'll pay minimal juice on a better wrestler (which Guida always uses as his fallback) who has much less tread off his tires. Clay has taken some serious beatings in his career. He is a grinder and everyone should respect what he's done and his longevity and energy but given that the line narrowed so much I'm fine being on Madsen here.

I like Cannonier based on the fact he's both bigger AND faster than Kelvin. I do agree that Kelvin's gas tank is better, so likely I'll be looking to live bet Kelvin at (hopefully) nice odds when he drops the first couple rounds and I'll just freeroll from there.

They accept credit cards with a nominal fee

bas didn’t accept credit cards as far as I knew. Haven’t tried to deposit on there in a while

I think you still have the option for a check from bol

Alright you've convinced me to try haha. BAS does accept cc's, or at least they did when I opened my account because that's how I deposited.

I think Guida is washed honestly. Going the distance with the ghost of BJ Penn...even in winning that's a red flag. BJ is getting KO'd by fat guys in bar parking lots and stuff and Guida can't put him away? I'll pay minimal juice on a better wrestler (which Guida always uses as his fallback) who has much less tread off his tires. Clay has taken some serious beatings in his career. He is a grinder and everyone should respect what he's done and his longevity and energy but given that the line narrowed so much I'm fine being on Madsen here.

I like Cannonier based on the fact he's both bigger AND faster than Kelvin. I do agree that Kelvin's gas tank is better, so likely I'll be looking to live bet Kelvin at (hopefully) nice odds when he drops the first couple rounds and I'll just freeroll from there.
Guida had a competitive fight with Bobby green and just beat Michael Johnson. He’s got enough left in the tank to beat madsen

madsen has nothing on the feet for him and will gas after about 1.5 rounds so you’re hoping he wins the first two

Alright you've convinced me to try haha. BAS does accept cc's, or at least they did when I opened my account because that's how I deposited.
They’ve never accepted cc since dimes transferred me to them.

you still holding amc?

They’ve never accepted cc since dimes transferred me to them.

you still holding amc?

I have a little. I should have held but sold most around 22. So made good $ but now it's around $33 I think.

Guida had a competitive fight with Bobby green and just beat Michael Johnson. He’s got enough left in the tank to beat madsen

madsen has nothing on the feet for him and will gas after about 1.5 rounds so you’re hoping he wins the first two

I think MJ is a shell of what he was too but I agree about the Green fight.

Vinc Pichel fought and beat much better competition than Austin Hubbard. What are we doin here.

Also favor Cannonier with much bigger reach advantage, power, and competent TDD to keep it standing and attack with leg kicks and jabs from the outside. Cannonier is durable and tough....the man went 3 rounds with a broken arm

Livebet Guida after the first...Madsen should blow his load after 1.5 imo...

I have a little. I should have held but sold most around 22. So made good $ but now it's around $33 I think.
Lol Paper handed it.

I’m still holding, I think it would be worth buying back in if you like money

Vinc Pichel fought and beat much better competition than Austin Hubbard. What are we doin here.

Also favor Cannonier with much bigger reach advantage, power, and competent TDD to keep it standing and attack with leg kicks and jabs from the outside. Cannonier is durable and tough....the man went 3 rounds with a broken arm

Livebet Guida after the first...Madsen should blow his load after 1.5 imo...
Don't bet on old dogs. One of those fighters will lose, I promise you. Old age is one of the most consistent things to fade in this sport.

Don't bet on old dogs. One of those fighters will lose, I promise you. Old age is one of the most consistent things to fade in this sport.

Guida is my dog pick. However Im confident on Pichel and Cannonier.

None of the above except for Guida have yet to shown significant signs of slowing. Cannonier is fighting another old dog (by mileage and accumulated wear and tear) so that should cancel out. His gas tank held up against Whitaker, one of the best MMA jabs and speed footwork to go with it. I like him for a dominant win against Gastelum who will struggle to get any meaningful momentum going imo since he heavily relies on out gassing his opponent or his 1-2 straights, both tools I'm confident Cannonier can neutralize.

Look at Aldo. Old dog still doing his thang

Guida is my dog pick. However Im confident on Pichel and Cannonier.

None of the above except for Guida have yet to shown significant signs of slowing. Cannonier is fighting another old dog (by mileage and accumulated wear and tear) so that should cancel out. His gas tank held up against Whitaker, one of the best MMA jabs and speed footwork to go with it. I like him for a dominant win against Gastelum who will struggle to get any meaningful momentum going imo since he heavily relies on out gassing his opponent or his 1-2 straights, both tools I'm confident Cannonier can neutralize.

Look at Aldo. Old dog still doing his thang

Aldo was the exception not the rule. I said that one of your fighters will lose, but actually, I'm confident that at least two of them will lose. Please stay away from betting on old men. It's not worth the time to think about.

BJ is getting KO'd by fat guys in bar parking lots and stuff and Guida can't put him away?

You can't be serious with this one can you? The guy that knocked BJ out had a considerable weight advantage and BJ was wasted. Anyways, what's Madsens path to victory here? From what I remember about him (haven't watched tape) but his striking is almost non existent, and relies on takedowns, but his top control isn't that good so he has to rely on mat returns. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's how he beat Hubbard, and Hubbard in the stand up was just scared to throw because of the fear of the takedown.

Guida might be a fossil but he's still a guy that will fight for your money, I think he can outgrind Madsen. If the fight stays standing I favour Guida pretty easily. Madsen isn't a young guy himself either, he's 36 and has been wrestling at a high level since 2004

Really like Royval as a dog here. Might drop a bomb on him. Only concern is that weird shoulder injury he had against Moreno so I’ll have to look into it more closely but he’s a little beast

Royval is a wild guy but his defence is not good, I think Pantoja is just a level above. I'm interested in a bet on Pantoja, will see after I watch tape if I still like him.

Really like Royval as a dog here. Might drop a bomb on him. Only concern is that weird shoulder injury he had against Moreno so I’ll have to look into it more closely but he’s a little beast
I'd advise you not to since getting into firefights has never been the way to beat Pantoja unless you're named Fig.

Alex should do everything a bit better than Brandon, can't see him losing given his durability tbh.

On Pichel/Hubbard, Vinc does seem to have the exact style needed to grind out Austin, plus he's got that old tard strength according to every commentator too. That being said, he's 39 and will fall off sooner or later. I'll avoid this one.

I initially wanted to make a play on Guida here but I should be hesitant given my track record of betting older fighters the last month or so. I'm extremely gun shy.

I thought Gastelum might have had a chance too, but doesn't he struggle against bigger guys?

Outside of these plays I think Sherman gets it done relatively easily. Don't know if I like him more than -200 though.

Might be a pass card for me, just like how the others should've been instead of me blowing money when I should've known better

Mark Madsen broke his jaw in the Hubbard fight, would that effect his cardio?

You say Clay & Mark wrestling negates, but do they have the same type of wrestling? Isn't mark just great from clinch takedowns.

It might negate and turn into a standup match but I don't know enough about wrestling. Austin is a really slippery guy to keep down, Clays own wrestling may also lead to this but I am unsure.

Back