News .

Dude was skinny at MW. Gonna be a popsicle stick at WW

The WW div is still grappler heavy.

Usman, Colby, Burns, Chimaev, Brady, Chiesa, Edwards, Belal and even Magny would grapplefuck Holland.

The only primary strikers are Wonderboy, Luque and Jorge. Jorge and Luque are also legit grapplers if they need to.
And Wonderboy has good TDD to avoid the grappling and excellent distance management to stay away. Holland might not be ready for the wrestlers. But he does at least admit they would be the toughest fights for him

He beat the hell out of Luque in late 2019 and beat the hell out of Neal after that. Yeah, he didn’t finish them, but he’d have finished 95% of the fighters not named Luque that night at MSG. Rewatch that fight if you have doubts, it was a BEATDOWN!

Pretty sure Wonderboy was banged up after the Luque fight too, though Luque’s style is made for an elusive guy like Wonderboy to style on.

Why holland and not gastelum? Only because of the burritos. Khamzat will smesh both btw.

I feel like 170 has much better wrestlers and that clearly is his major weakness so I don’t see it happening.

Dude already used to fight at 170 and had gas tank problems. Check out his fight with Curtis Millendar in LFA.

He could have a good amount of success at WW. But it's hard to see him beating Usman, Chimaev, Burns, Thompson, Colby or Luque. But i'd like to watch him fight Belal Muhammad.

People have written Kevin Holland off. But I think the move down to welterweight is what he should have done years ago. Think he is going to surprise alot of people with how good he competes there.

Kevins gonna have a big size, reach advantage and wont get outmuscled like he was with Middleweights. I can see him even cracking top 5

He will definitely be out muscled

Striking wise i think he'll give the division trouble. Fast, counters really well and has KO power. Put him in the hands of a good grappling coaches and I think he could do well.

It's really crazy that he beat Jacare lol if that fight was happening tonight and they never fought before knowing what I know about both guys I'd bet everything on Jacare. Mma is wild.

I still think Daukus beats him. Headbutt or not

Colby, Burns, Wonderboy etc all beat him as well. He's a fun fighter and had a nice run in 2020 but, until he really cleans up his game, he will have a tough time cracking the top 10 at WW.
he s too big for them

I feel that WW has a bigger take down threat than MW does.

Whatever you say Junior, try not to knock yourself out this time ok? Alrighty..

We'll see. If he has been really working his ability to defend td's, scramble, and use the cage to stand up then yeah he can use his height and length to give the division a lot of issues. But what he's shown us thus far, no reason to think wrestlers at 170 can't do what somone like Vetorri was able to do. 170 Has traditionally been wrestler heavy more so than 185. So if counter wrestling is his weakness still, he's still got a lot of work to do before he's running through the division.

I see that he has called out D-Rod him and Rodriguez is actually a pretty interesting fight.

170 is a really bad division. You have guys like burns promoted as world beaters. He’s solid. Not a special fighter. Colby is good never flight anybody. Everyone at the top beat the same old tiered fighters. Woodley maia rda. Holland would kill those guys
He was held down recently. Not in anybteouble just lost to control by bigger stronger guys.

Back