Who Hits Harder: Gaethje or Poirier?

Gaethje hits harder than Dustin, at least if only looking at Poirier's LW run.

He's the only man who ever KO'ed Barboza, the only fighter to TKO Ferguson permanantly shattered James Vick's chin, and has a much higher career KO/TKO % rate.
Jamie Varner KTFO Edson Barboza.
varner_law.jpg

I think they’re probably similar in power with Justin kicking harder. Both have a high volume of strikes as well but Justin probably throws more.

Charles can’t really outstrike either of them. If he gets ahold of Justin though like he did Dustin it’s a wrap. Justin looks like he has extremely limited jiujitsu

Gaethje obviously hits much harder than Dustin. Dustin his good power, but his finishes come from an accumulation of damage. Whereas Gaethje can put the lights out with one punch.

I think this is a very matchup for Oliveira, unless he can get it to the ground early. If Gaethje lands the shots Dustin landed, Oliveira won't make it out of the first round.

Either way, I'd be shocked if this fight lasted beyond the second round. Gaethje by TKO or Oliveira by sub in the first round seems likely; but one of those things happening within the first two rounds feels almost certain.

I think they’re probably similar in power with Justin kicking harder. Both have a high volume of strikes as well but Justin probably throws more.

Charles can’t really outstrike either of them. If he gets ahold of Justin though like he did Dustin it’s a wrap. Justin looks like he has extremely limited jiujitsu

I don't see why Charles couldn't outstrike Gaethje at least at points in the fight, Gaethje gets hit a shit load and he's either lost rounds or gotten rocked in many of his UFC fights(Johnson, and Ferguson rocked him, Chandler rocked him a bunch and took round 1, Dustin and Alvarez took rounds and finished him).

Gaetjhe has 1-punch KO power. He's got TWO in the UFC so far, while DP has ZERO in a lot more fights. That said, DP is the better striker, especially boxer, as seen in their fight. Gaetjhe also has no ground game. He won't last as long against Aloe Vera...

PS - Just to be clear, DP definitely has power, but it's more like rock you and then put you away with a flurry power, rather than knock you dead with one shot power.

pretty much equally hard, also both guys tap to chokes

I know is that by virtue of being on this board, we all punch harder then those midgets.

I think Gaejthe hits harder but the key to beating Olivera is TDD . Gaejthe is certainly the better wrestler . I look forward to the showdown .

Gaethje has more powerful hooks and uppercuts. Dustins straight is more powerful

just wondering if Oli could replicate the same aggressive in-your-face gameplan against Gaethje (that he did against Dustin) and still be conscious at the end of round 1 <JRSmith40>
Gaethje hits harder, Dustin more just wears on opponents

I'd say Gaethje, but Poirier is a bit more accurate. I think Poirier was more accurate in their fight which was hurting Gaethje, as he was missing a lot

That was more of a TKO until the ref let Barboza take like 6 unanswered shots on the ground, but I won't argue too hard on that one.

Gaethje one shot slept him.
No question Gaethje was the first and only person to one punch him, but there is a reason why Edson didn’t defend any of the hammerfists, he was out.

I can see Justin easily getting bookbag attacked off a clinch.

Back