News Cain Velasquez arrested on a charge of attempted murder for shooting at his relatives molester

Should Cain's friends or family have tried to stop him from making a huge mistake?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I gather, it doesn’t seem planned on Cain's part. Like he ran into them by chance. And if so, they could always go with the temporary insanity plea. Saw the guy that hurt his family out free, and lost his shit. The innocent guy getting shot doesn't help, but the whole case if true is one that should garner sympathy amongst the jury.

Did anyone read the other article in that link? Says you have to subscribe to read it and I'm not the one

This is from the article:

"Velasquez followed Goularte’s mother and stepfather as they traveled from their San Martin home to Morgan Hill to pick up Goularte and drive him to obtain the electronic monitoring device ordered by the court in the molestation case, according to prosecutors and charging documents filed Wednesday.
After Goularte got in his parents’ pickup truck, Velasquez shot at Goularte near Butterfield Boulevard and Cochrane Road in Morgan Hill, according to a San Jose police summary accompanying the criminal complaint."

So it looks like Cain planned on doing this.

Since I have kids I totally understand his action, but he's probably fucked in terms of law.
Specially after shooting the wrong person.

I think he already stated earlier in the thread that he did not have a balanced perspective from which to view this. He's just frustrated at pedos, and rightfully so. But yeah, this would be crazy logic to live by for most of us.

Too many pages on this thread already to keep up. LOL.

But yeah, I'm sorry that Cain missed. Should've killed that fucker, no doubt about it.

But you're asking all of society to accept their status as collateral damage because a terrible wrong has been committed.

And it's not because there are no other options. Cain could so easily have followed these guys to their destination and handled it there, privately. No problems. There is no need for collateral damage and we're not in the military.

If I want to punch you and I choose to do it a senior citizen's bingo hall, when I could have chosen before or after the event in a different location, and I miss you and kill an old lady instead.... do I expect her family to say "well yeah, he ducked so grandma got killed. The execution was off but I can see how that happened, grandma was just collateral damage"??

If you expect ppl to feel this way, you will come to learn that MOST ppl don't feel this way. MOST of us want to feel safe when we walk the streets. If you tell me there's a pedo in my neighbourhood I'll say "no shit, sherlock, there are thousands of ppl here - for sure SOME of them are pedos". But if you tell me there will be shooting outside on a street corner in the next 5 days, I'm going to be watching my back and every situation on high alert for 5 days.

Most ppl want society to become safer, not more on high alert and worrying about getting shot. You may be more in the "I'm willing to die so that a random person gets revenge that is very well deserved" camp. And that's fine. But most humans aren't into that. We are mostly looking for safe areas for our kids to grow up and live.

I was always on the lookout for pedos when my kids were young. My gf doesn't even let her daughters visit any friend who has an older brother or father at home. If she knows the father personally and well, she may make an exception. Her girls only visit friends who have no males expected to be in the home. That's because we're in the "no shit, sherlock, there are pedos out there" camp.

So we are NOT pro pedo!

But we're not willing to get shot at any intersection because pedos exist either. There is LOTS of middle ground to explore between these two extremes.

I understand your point and I said he was wrong and should pay for his crimes.
Im just saying shit happens when someone is in that state of mind that most in here thankfully will never have to experience.

Never said anyone was PRO PEDO

Snd I have said a thousand times in here that he was wrong for how he handled it, but I understand completely sir.
Cool. Because if you rape, torture, and kill my mother and then I bomb your house and kill your two neighbour's kids..... I mean I have to go to jail. The intensity of the injustice doesn't excuse the collateral damage caused by the response.

For my part I'm shocked that ppl send their kids to daycares where an adult son of the person running it is there with access to kids. I know it's sexist but at any daycare I'd be willing to use there would be NO fucking males that aren't young ass kids, period. Yes, I know all males aren't pedos. I'm a male. I would not send my kids to a daycare with any males present on a regular basis period. Your son lives with you??? GTFO here - my kid is NOT going to your fkn daycare, buddy.

This is the world we're talking about.

I understand your point and I said he was wrong and should pay for his crimes.
Im just saying shit happens when someone is in that state of mind that most in here thankfully will never have to experience.

Never said anyone was PRO PEDO
Cool. I can dig it then.

But yeah, I'm sorry that Cain missed. Should've killed that fucker, no doubt about it.

And that's all I was saying sir.
It's hard to say how one should react in a situation like this.

I know he's wrong and should face the consequences, but I also think the circumstances should be considered.

Shit happens in moments of distress and the pedo obviously didn't start doing this yesterday.

Sherdog Mods are merging everything into this thread so it absolutely is NOT possible to keep up on sherdog forums alone.

You will have to read up an MMA news site to get to know what all has been going on with regards to this situation, and how people are reacting and so on.

Nothing gets us riled up like ppl preying on innocent kids. But, no, we CANNOT just grab the gun and go out in a blaze of glory, "sorry" to any innocents we kill or maim.

A lot of mentally unhinged people in here. How about if the guy did what he's accused of, he goes to jail and faces punishment instead of him and 3 other people getting their groceries being blasted on a highway road?

Cool. Because if you rape, torture, and kill my mother and then I bomb your house and kill your two neighbour's kids..... I mean I have to go to jail. The intensity of the injustice doesn't excuse the collateral damage caused by the response.

For my part I'm shocked that ppl send their kids to daycares where an adult son of the person running it is there with access to kids. I know it's sexist but at any daycare I'd be willing to use there would be NO fucking males that aren't young ass kids, period. Yes, I know all males aren't pedos. I'm a male. I would not send my kids to a daycare with any males present on a regular basis period. Your son lives with you??? GTFO here - my kid is NOT going to your fkn daycare, buddy.

This is the world we're talking about.

See, someone fuckin gets it.
I agree.

Nothing gets us riled up like ppl preying on innocent kids. But, no, we CANNOT just grab the gun and go out in a blaze of glory, "sorry" to any innocents we kill or maim.

Yeah, Cain fucked up.

Not on what he was trying to do but the way he did it. No way he'll walk away from this.

I knew you would because you have a level head sir.
If they raped my child I would NOT have a level head. But I also wouldn't be driving wild and shooting because I'd be too concerned that my child loses their father that way. And I would put my child's needs for a father before my need for revenge. Just my perspective.

But I get it - I've lived my whole parenting life checking if anyone around my kids could possibly be a pedo, so it's been on my mind for all the years they were young. It's a horrible type of vampiric sickness. Pedos hurt kids, and a % of those hurt kids replay that hurt in their heads until they become pedos. It's really akin to vampirism.

If they raped my child I would NOT have a level head. But I also wouldn't be driving wild and shooting because I'd be too concerned that my child loses their father that way. And I would put my child's needs for a father before my need for revenge. Just my perspective.

But I get it - I've lived my whole parenting life checking if anyone around my kids could possibly be a pedo, so it's been on my mind for all the years they were young. It's a horrible type of vampiric sickness. Pedos hurt kids, and a % of those hurt kids replay that hurt in their heads until they become pedos. It's really akin to vampirism.

Exactly what Im saying but growing up in the streets makes me say it the way Im saying it sir.

So would I. I get that. I don’t know what was going through the step dad’s head maybe can’t accept the truth or doesn’t know handle this situation but unless something new comes out. The stepdad didn’t do anything. He was innocent man

Unless the stepfather and the mother are estranged (which would make 0 sense), no he's not quite "innocent".

Not by a lot, actually. His home is also a place of business. That business is caring for children. What happens under that roof to those kids is his (particularly if he's a homeowner) and his wife's responsibility. At worst those children suffered due to his and his wife's complicity in their abuse. Nobody will ever really know if that was the case, probably.

At best his and his wife's criminal negligence was an indirect cause of the childrens' suffering. There is zero excuse for them to have permitted (whether knowingly or not) that to occurr.

How do fuck are people trying to justify Cain in this? He's a complete moron, and the fact that child molestation is abhorrent is no excuse.

And anyone who says "WELL IF SOMEONE DID THAT TO MY KIDS..." should shut the fuck up and grow up. Nobody cares about your stupid kids, or your pathetic attempt to tell the world you'd do crazy things for them, and having kids doesn't give you the right to ignore the law and go about shooting people, getting innocent people injured. Cain hit the wrong dude.

Respect, man. It's hard to see Cain do time for this but, damn, he really fucked up here. Just do that shit in private! Really sucks.....

Yeah he fucked up bad here for sure sir, and he will do time... hopefully it's not too long of a bid.

WTF are you on about? Cain's INTENTION was MURDER.

That's what Cain is being held for - Attempted FIRST DEGREE Murder.

That is why he has been denied bail. It's fucking serious.

He is being charged with multiple other counts as well, on top of attempted first degree murder.

You think Cain is the first person to have this happen to? Child molestation is pure evil, BUT SO IS MURDER.

Not if it's done to a child molester as a result of them molesting children. That isn't one bit evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Víctor Hugo Teco
Back