Can we please be done with hyping this fake street Jesus dude?

Yeah. He rode a wave of a few lucky knockouts and a tough guy act in a hallway as long as he could, but now that wave has washed up.

I'll say it. It's a cliche that people say way too often after a fighter loses but damn it really is so applicable.

He was never really that good.

Shertarded keyboard warriors at it as usual. Dont forget to wipe that drool from your mouth after smacking your keyboards.

Jorge has always been a good fighter, not an elite one. Knocking out Till, finishing Diaz and setting the fastest knockout record with a flying knee in succession is compelling stuff and garners attention, like it did for Jorge.

He's now past his prime at 37 and seems to be on the obvious down swing, but I think the Diaz and McGregor fights make sense for him and for the UFC monetarily. Hopefully he cashes a few more checks and can retire comfortably like most fighters who have been around for two decades should.

It's always easy to hate on fighters after a loss. People would do the same thing if Colby lost last night. Just respect the fighters more. It isn't that hard. I can't stand Colby and his antics but the guy is obviously a good fighter. Giving credit to Masvidal also builds up Colby, if you're a fan of his. Why discredit his win?

2019 Masvidal was a great litmus test for whether or not someone understands much of anything about MMA.

Till fought uncharacteristically aggressive trying to make a statement, gassed out, and left himself wide open as a consequence. He gave that fight away. Askren's best days were long behind him. Nate Diaz is not a WW and certainly not a contender in the division. Masvidal is talented but he has never been anything more than a journeyman. The way he ducked Edwards and ducked Covington for as long as he could said it all.

This thread was not....

giphy.gif

Thought he won 2 rounds (two and four) and he was never in real trouble.
Guys rnc defence is sick. Prime Maia couldn't get near submitting him either.

That said he clearly lost the fight but Colby is probably top 5 pound for pound

I don't get how anyone thought Jorge was gonna be able to not get wrestled and clinched to fuck all fight for five rounds. I hate colby, he's not a finisher at all, but that dude is a grinder and if you can't outwrestle him like Usman, you're fucked 'cause he's got a chin and a gas tank.

Some predictable takes in this thread...

Jorge gets handled by the clear #1 and #2 WWs in the UFC in Usman and Colby and now he was never any good according to some people - LOL

I've said this countless times...MMA has some of the worst 'fans' across pro sports.

Unlike Conor, he's done headlining PPVs. Masvidal might headline a Fight Night event next or be used to beef up a PPV main card. He does have a lot of residual star power from his 2019 moment, just like Nate does from 2016 and Conor from 2015 (although probably not close to either of them). A lot of hip celebrities embraced him, and every asswipe teenager who ever followed a trend was swooning over his swagger after he knocked out Askren and then started posing. There's still a good amount of them.

Back