Can we please be done with hyping this fake street Jesus dude?

This thread was not....

giphy.gif
Damn Jorge's aged a lot since 2019.

37 years old plus decades of fight mileage.

Fighting the champion and #1 contender who are both in their primes while giving them somewhat close fights.

But hes over hyped though. Never change sherdog lol

Some predictable takes in this thread...

Jorge gets handled by the clear #1 and #2 WWs in the UFC in Usman and Colby and now he was never any good according to some people - LOL

I've said this countless times...MMA has some of the worst 'fans' across pro sports.
I think he got thrusted to one of the best WW position when he's just not that guy. Always been good, never great. Good on Jorge for getting paid.

Jorge beats Askren, Till, and Nate: Oh my god, I love Jorge. Street Jesus. Baptism.

Jorge loses a few fights to the top two in the world: Oh my god can this guy just be done already? He was never that good and his schtick sucks.

And so it goes...

I think he got thrusted to one of the best WW position when he's just not that guy. Always been good, never great. Good on Jorge for getting paid.

Right, so the fair commentary is perhaps that he overachieved or made the most out of his late-career streak...but dismissing wins as lucky knockouts, questioning the toughness of a pro cage fighter whose has made the walk 50 times over 20 years, etc. is predictably weak bullshit from so-called 'fans'.

This marginalization of fighters' careers after they lose (especially to top guys) is so tiresome to see...it's the old 'if you're not champ material, you're shit' attitude from dumb 'fans'.

Nate Diaz is cringe with his fake gangsta bullshit, hyping an area code lol

btw...Masvidal put a huge beating on Diaz.

Colby and Usman are hard to beat for any pure strikers. With this logic we could just retire the whole division and let khamzat, Usman, Colby, and burns fight (bjj to bullify wrestling).

Yeah. He rode a wave of a few lucky knockouts and a tough guy act in a hallway as long as he could, but now that wave has washed up.

I'll say it. It's a cliche that people say way too often after a fighter loses but damn it really is so applicable.

He was never really that good.
Lightning in a bottle. He has really milked the Ben KO and benefited greatly from Diaz putting him in the spotlight

Like Jorge but at times he is hypocritical. Thinks sucker punching people is a ok but can’t stand it bc when he is on the verbal receiving end

I don't think there is any shame in losing to the #1 and #2 ranked WW's in the world...it just means you aren't as good as them and probably won't get close enough to sniff the belt ever again.

Maybe he should think about dropping to LW, seems like there are some fun match ups for him down there.

He fought a wet blanket and he's the one you're pissed off at? I don't get people sometimes.

...are people impressed with Colbys performance? At least Mas showed up to fight. In the 4th or 5th round Colby had one solid sequence where he landed a bunch of head strikes in the clinch that I thought hurt Masvidal, only for Jorge to laugh and shake it off AS COLBY INITIATES A GRAPPLING SITUATION.

Like yeah, he clearly won via MMA rules/grappling, but Jesus christ is Colby formulaic and boring

He’s a journeyman. One totally fluky 1/1000000 KO isn’t changing that. His 15 minutes are up, and if you bought the hype you should be embarrassed. Even the UFC bought it. Actually rescheduled that rematch with Usman. Not taking into consideration the ONLY reason the first fight sold big numbers was because it was the only live sport in the whole world that weekend (Covid).

He needs to go away. And if you bet one penny on him to win, I fart in your general direction. He had almost no chance in this fight. And I’m laughing that you lost your hard earned money.

He’s a journeyman. One totally fluky 1/1000000 KO isn’t changing that. His 15 minutes are up, and if you bought the hype you should be embarrassed. Even the UFC bought it. Actually rescheduled that rematch with Usman. Not taking into consideration the ONLY reason the first fight sold big numbers was because it was the only live sport in the whole world that weekend (Covid).

He needs to go away. And if you bet one penny on him to win, I fart in your general direction. He had almost no chance in this fight. And I’m laughing that you lost your hard earned money.
Thank you.

Jorge has always been a good fighter, not an elite one. Knocking out Till, finishing Diaz and setting the fastest knockout record with a flying knee in succession is compelling stuff and garners attention, like it did for Jorge.

He's now past his prime at 37 and seems to be on the obvious down swing, but I think the Diaz and McGregor fights make sense for him and for the UFC monetarily. Hopefully he cashes a few more checks and can retire comfortably like most fighters who have been around for two decades should.

It's always easy to hate on fighters after a loss. People would do the same thing if Colby lost last night. Just respect the fighters more. It isn't that hard. I can't stand Colby and his antics but the guy is obviously a good fighter. Giving credit to Masvidal also builds up Colby, if you're a fan of his. Why discredit his win?
'member when sherdog had fighter-bashing rules?

This TS would be dubbed and perhaps banned shortly.

BUT, the sport is more popular than ever now. We got these edgy kids who just started watching coming in with their young testosterone and woke-anger...

So I appreciate you taking the time to explain nicely.

I came in to tell TS off... But your way definitely works better :D

It was cringe from the get go.

Can't stand his skinny fat physique and horrendous punching technique.

Thank you Colby.
As much as I dislike Colby,Masvidal is a fucking wanker

Gets manhandled for 25 minutes and spends the rest of the night talking about how he is going to fuck him up

Being the cause of security needed in the octagon because you are a professional fighter that can't be trusted to not throw sucker punches at your opponent means you are one scummy cunt

I'm just sorry Covington didn't finish him

Last edited:
Back