Can we please be done with hyping this fake street Jesus dude?

King Colby ended the Phony Montana hype

As well he has established himself as the true King of Miami

Journeyman Jorge has to bow down to King Colby in Miami if he ever sees him
Covington ain't kind shit, Usman is the King of Miami.

As much as I dislike Colby,Masvidal is a fucking wanker

Gets manhandled for 25 minutes and spends the rest of the night talking about how he is going to fuck him up

Being the cause of security needed in the octagon erase you are a professional fighter that can't be trusted to not throw sucker punches at your opponent means you are one scummy cunt

I'm just sorry Covington didn't finish him
Same. Couldn't have said it better bro.

Jorge has always been a very good fighter, type of guy that will go 5-5 vs the top 10, which essentially is most top 10 fighters. But he's never been elite and that's why he can't win these main events vs top contenders and champions.

The hype came from a few nice highlight reel KO's which are great for marketing and his personality/charachter.

he lost me when he sucker punched edwards then avoided him like the plague.

got into a beef with colby and ducked him till he couldn't anymore.

dressing up like conor wearing a robe in the front row.... cringe

gave him credit for taking a short notice vs the champ, but who wouldn't

it was his only chance at a title shot.

he did well for himself considering all things

...are people impressed with Colbys performance? At least Mas showed up to fight. In the 4th or 5th round Colby had one solid sequence where he landed a bunch of head strikes in the clinch that I thought hurt Masvidal, only for Jorge to laugh and shake it off AS COLBY INITIATES A GRAPPLING SITUATION.

Like yeah, he clearly won via MMA rules/grappling, but Jesus christ is Colby formulaic and boring
He landed more shots while they were standing up,he is just superior to Masvidal in every way

I've said this countless times...MMA has some of the worst 'fans' across pro sports.
To be fair, most of the sports I like have a lot of these uneducated fans ; but I also noticed that they're much more noticeable on the most popular forums/websites, whereas you can have high quality debating on less popular places. I know such places for soccer but alas not for MMA, but I'm sure they exist. Because Sherdog is obviously a giant melting pot.

Reactions: MRT
I don't think there is any shame in losing to the #1 and #2 ranked WW's in the world...it just means you aren't as good as them and probably won't get close enough to sniff the belt ever again.

Maybe he should think about dropping to LW, seems like there are some fun match ups for him down there.
I doubt he has the will or desire to lose that much weight

'member when sherdog had fighter-bashing rules?

This TS would be dubbed and perhaps banned shortly.

BUT, the sport is more popular than ever now. We got these edgy kids who just started watching coming in with their young testosterone and woke-anger...

So I appreciate you taking the time to explain nicely.

I came in to tell TS off... But your way definitely works better :D

Lol, thanks bud.

Jorge is better when he fights strikers. Just tired of watching him vs wrestlers. Hopefully they give us some fun fights before he retires!

Yeah. He rode a wave of a few lucky knockouts and a tough guy act in a hallway as long as he could, but now that wave has washed up.

I'll say it. It's a cliche that people say way too often after a fighter loses but damn it really is so applicable.

He was never really that good.

Classic! People make posts about posts like this.

No need to disrespect Mas. He lost a fight in a bad matchup. Both guys fought hard. It was a pretty decent fight. I noticed the last round when Colby took over in terms of control on the ground then people were saying this fight is mid, boring and bullshit.

Let’s be honest his KO of Till was impressive and people could be forgiven for thinking he was advancing his technique. Frankly I think his hormone levels were somehow a bit higher during this period, if you know what I mean. Increased jawline etc...

Anyway Masvidal is one of those fighters who has some advanced striking mixed with many holes too. That is always a dangerous situation to be in.

Colby bless

Colby is such a dick but does bring it. If only he beat Usman

Unlike Conor, he's done headlining PPVs. Masvidal might headline a Fight Night event next or be used to beef up a PPV main card. He does have a lot of residual star power from his 2019 moment, just like Nate does from 2016 and Conor from 2015 (although probably not close to either of them). A lot of hip celebrities embraced him, and every asswipe teenager who ever followed a trend was swooning over his swagger after he knocked out Askren and then started posing. There's still a good amount of them.

I still want to see him fight Leon Edwards, Colby again, and Nate again

W
Some predictable takes in this thread...

Jorge gets handled by the clear #1 and #2 WWs in the UFC in Usman and Colby and now he was never any good according to some people - LOL

I've said this countless times...MMA has some of the worst 'fans' across pro sports.

Well look at all his other losses

He's pretty old for his division. He wasted a lot of his prime physical years being too conservative and looking only to counter. When he hit his mid 30s he found the needed aggressiveness and drive to be great but after 35 is when physical attributes start to decrease pretty rapidly.

And he has always been extremely easy to clinch up with. He has next to no lateral movement. Tailor made for guys like Colby and Usman. He's no pushover when it comes to defending wrestling and he's pretty good at getting up. But he is awful at avoiding being tied up. Can't circle away to save his life. Always forced to use his defensive wrestling and eventually his TDD starts to wane as the fight progresses.

It was cringe from the get go.

Can't stand his skinny fat physique and horrendous punching technique.

Thank you Colby.
Agreed but he did accomplish absolute proof that you need more than just wrestling in 5 beautiful seconds a couple of years ago.

I can't stand the guy for playing up the whole BMF thing while ducking the sh*t out of legit contenders with legit beefs for years while talking tough on social media

Back