Social Biden Ushers in the Ministry of Truth era

Let me start with a question before I answer yours.

Is the federal government, at all times and with any political power in office, completely altruistic?
mate, i don't know what you're getting out of this dialogue.
his posts are an unending stream of horseshit.
gaslight, sidestep, convolute, appeal to authority, again gaslight, i never said, what is the meaning of is, sidestep again, you misunderstood, over and over and over.
his posts should come with the long-term nuclear waste storage warning messages:
"Nothing valued is here. What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us."

Department of Defense
Department of Health
Patriot Act
Department of Education

Fucking Patriot Act..... AKA lets spy on all of our citizens.

Funny how they had that 700+ page document ready to shit on us right after 9/11....like they were waiting for a perfect weakness to drop it on us

left or right, this ministry of truth shit is the most orwellian thing in the USA I've seen in my life. all those fuckers supporting this need to be shipped to cuba.

mate, i don't know what you're getting out of this dialogue.
his posts are an unending stream of horseshit.
gaslight, sidestep, convolute, appeal to authority, again gaslight, i never said, what is the meaning of is, sidestep again, you misunderstood, over and over and over.
his posts should come with the long-term nuclear waste storage warning messages:
"Nothing valued is here. What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us."
I’m a glutton for punishment I suppose

The answer is obviously not, but it's an inane question because the logic of the answer still doesn't lead to any meaningful limitations. Is your argument that, for instance, federal prisons should all be dismantled because the federal government is not perfect? How about taxes?
Yeah, that's not the best way to frame it perhaps, but his objection is sound imo.

The idea of a government approved truth dispensary flies in the face of an independent and free media. Whistleblowers or investigate journalism will suffer. This idea goes well beyond culture war stuff and would be even worse than what's going on with our state sponsored media here in Canada.

Information is power and you should never trust those with power over you. Especially if that power has always and consistently shown itself to be untrustworthy. Trump is a buffoon who was treated unfairly by the media in many instances, but imagine if he had this sort of control? The guy's already brainwashed a sizeable portion of the US population, but if he had influence to manipulate public opinion to a greater extent things would be even crazier.

Yeah, that's not the best way to frame it perhaps, but his objection is sound imo.

The idea of a government approved truth dispensary flies in the face of an independent and free media. Whistleblowers or investigate journalism will suffer. This idea goes well beyond culture war stuff and would be even worse than what's going on with our state sponsored media here in Canada.

Information is power and you should never trust those with power over you. Especially if that power has always and consistently shown itself to be untrustworthy. Trump is a buffoon who was treated unfairly by the media in many instances, but imagine if he had this sort of control? The guy's already brainwashed a sizeable portion of the US population, but if he had influence to manipulate public opinion to a greater extent things would be even crazier.
I don't think it's sound at all. Freedom of speech is constitutionally protected, and the Board does not have any meaningful way to make whistleblowers or journalists suffer that would not conflict with the constitution. Trying anything would just get them sued. And the program to develop the Board started while Trump was president.

I don't think it's sound at all. Freedom of speech is constitutionally protected, and the Board does not have any meaningful way to make whistleblowers or journalists suffer that would not conflict with the constitution. Trying anything would just get them sued. And the program to develop the Board started while Trump was president.
Well then I have some lovely beach front property to sell you. Located in lovely Fort Mac Alberta.

You're flat out wrong.

Watched it since you recommended. It was pretty on point imo. Strongly agree with the parts about historical amnesia and the impact that has, and I know I myself have lacked empathy due to my hard-work path to success vs seeing some around me who didn't put in the same effort (so that individual desire vs community responsibility part was very onpoint imo). And I thought the reasoning behind the updates the last few years, especially towards the end made a lot of sense. Good arguments there.

that is so neat that you listened!! his solutions are not always something a right leaning person can get behind but sometimes they are actually. his prescription of the problem is deep and profound though. he speaks out often and in depth about the dangers and reasons and inevitability of the surveillance state given the current system of corporate welfare and corporate rule and corruption in the government. what is even more powerful is he address the spiritual sickness that drives much of this and the manipulation that the government does (in terms of propaganda) and that corporations do (manufacturing a culture of need and lack and tribalism that separates one from truly human meaning and principles so people will buy things and align to brands and teams and sports rather than meaning).

frankly i have found very few people who can speak so poignantly on the many issues facing this failing empire state. from spiritual renewal to the need to reject popular culture, get off social media and think and live life from a place of true rather than manufactured meaning.... to a need for truly informed intelligent political discourse (in context with the spiritual malaise facing so many not just on policy issues) to the hyper masculine end stage of failing empires that turn on the weakest and most vulnerable....... he is just a very thorough thinker that even right wing people should listen to even if the ultimate solutions that hedges prescribes are not a fit for you guys.

all i know is that when i heard hedges, chomsky and cornell west (im not trying to sell you on their solutions here) everything got really clear and simple and i began to see through the politico speech and manufactured complexity of many of the issues we face. i also found there a reason for the discomfort i felt in school as i began to see through the bullshit aspect (not everything about it as i deeply value education) of that propaganda system.

Last edited:
So if the government isn’t altruistic — how can we trust them to be the arbitrators of truth? Does it not follow logic they would claim things to be “disinformation” that were politically unfavorable to them?

Your argument is that this is no more institutionalized than Trump spouting “fake news”. I argue that it is for obvious reasons. You claim that you wouldn’t have batted an eye if Trump established a “fake news” wing of the DHS. Which is obviously not how you’d react.

that is so neat that you listened!! his solutions are not always something a right leaning person can get behind but sometimes they are actually. his prescription of the problem is deep and profound though. he speaks out often and in depth about the dangers and reasons and inevitability of the surveillance state given the current system of corporate welfare and corporate rule and corruption in the government. what is even more powerful is he address the spiritual sickness that drives much of this and the manipulation that the government does (in terms of propaganda) and that corporations do (manufacturing a culture of need and lack and tribalism that separates one from truly human meaning and principles.so people will buy things).

frankly i have found very few people who can speak so poignant on the many issues facing this failing empire state. from spiritual renewal to the need to reject popular culture, get off social media and think and live life from a place of true rather than manufactured meaning.... to a need for truly informed intelligent political discourse (in context with the spiritual malaise facing so many not just on policy issues) to the hyper masculine end stage of failing empires that turn on the weakest and most vulnerable....... he is just a very thorough thinker that even right wing people should listen to even if the ultimate solutions that hedges prescribes are not a fit for you guys.

all i know is that when i heard hedges, chomsky and cornell west (im not trying to sell you on their solutions here) everything got really clear and simple and i began to see through the politico speech and manufactured complexity of many of the issues we face. i also found there a reason for the discomfort i felt in school as i began to see through the bullshit aspect (not everything about it as i deeply value education) of that propaganda system.
hedges is great.
his book, war is a force that gives us meaning, was fantastic. sat down to read it and didn't get up for the 6 hours it took me to finish it.

This thread could go a thousand pages, and this question will never be answered.
Well, maybe you could help me. My understanding is that this Board has been planned since the latter part of Trump's presidency, it's under the DHS, and they seem to have as a priority to address misinformation from the outside of the US. If they, against all reason, tried to shut down any media or "cause suffering", whoever targeted would say "nuh uh" and point to the constitution, and it would cost the DHS a hefty sum. Is any of that incorrect?

alright, so what kind of power and authority is this ministry of truth going to hold? will they be able to construct concentration camps, and put all of the chuds in there after they keep repeating the same lies and misinformation on twitter about how the 2020 election was stolen, how eating deworming agents kills covid, and the rest of their fairy tales?

hey. whatever they gotta do to keep dishonest people from spreading their harmful and manipulative bullshit around, then power to the people i guess. build those cages joe!

hedges is great.
his book, war is a force that gives us meaning, was fantastic. sat down to read it and didn't get up for the 6 hours it took me to finish it.
ill add that to the list as i have not read it yet. i will now for sure though. american fascism and american psychosis are both powerful reads if you haven't done so.

You would think people would applaud this after all the energy they spend complaining about fake news and biased news sources. I can understand people's concern about this but I'm even more curious what they think should be done about fake news and biased reporting instead?
Considering all the misinformation given to us by the government... Nevermind. Why consider that at all?

This is simply an admittance by the current administration that our MSM no longer reports non-biased factual information.

It's the exact same position President Trump publicly held.

The only difference is we have an administration who foresees the impending November bloodbath and is, once again, attempting to circumvent a fair election by essentially creating a government owned and operated news agency.

Do not forget, roughly six months ago the same administration made the attempt at taking away your ability to feed your family, if you refused their demanded covid shot. These are authoritarians to a tee.

The only difference is we have an administration who foresees the impending November bloodbath and is, once again, attempting to circumvent a fair election by essentially creating a government owned and operated news agency.
How is this Board going to circumvent a fair election? A fair election only requires that people get to reasonably vote and that no votes are meaninglessly annulled or fraudulently duplicated. And how did this administration circumvent a fair election the first time?

How is this Board going to circumvent a fair election? A fair election only requires that people get to reasonably vote and that no votes are meaninglessly annulled or fraudulently duplicated. And how did this administration circumvent a fair election the first time?

Oh, now propaganda isn't real. The same dipshits who blamed Russian facebook memes for Donald Trumps victory are now confused....

Oh, now propaganda isn't real. The same dipshits who blamed facebook memes
What? I didn't say propaganda isn't real, just that it does not change whether an election is fair. Fairness in an election has to do with valid voting, not that some people are swayed by false information.

Back