Media Pre-Heel Colby talking being respectful and doesn’t talk trash

Or he was a wolf in sheep's clothing all along, and only decided to reveal his true self for the sake of his career (he's playing a nice guy character in this video, and his heel character is his true self)

He probably realized that his style isn’t the most crowd-pleasing and he would need to find an alternative way to get people talking about him…

Chael Sonnen was the same way, except he was losing fights as well.

When your fights are boring as fuck, and your main skill is being the best at exercising, and you're not good enough to be a champion, and you're a huge douchebag, this happens.

You know its bad when Jones calls you a rotten human

Who is the interviewer, and does she like super average sized cocks?

Your shit outta luck pal.

images

I remember this Colby, what a different time that was

I can't stand him. But they made him that way. He could've been marketed as he was, he was still winning. He has skills and knows how to fight and is tough. There are a bunch of guys out there that also fit that description. They pulled him in and said it wasn't enough. Make an ass of yourself or you're fired. it's what they asked for. And it worked.

says more about us than him that he is forced into this rick flair bs in order to sell tickets. Fact is, it has worked. Most fight fans like trash talkers. Why this is I have no idea. I have mostly gravitated towards the quiet unassuming types that just wreck shit up when its game time: fedor, randy, gsp....but I get that I'm in the minority in this

You wouldn’t be making a single post about him if he stayed that way.
^This
We may hate it (or do we really hate it?), talking trash and being controversial elevates a fighters profile over and above just winning fights. A fighter probably still needs to win a good percentage of their fights, but personality and buzz is what attracts extra attention as well as bucks.

Back