Locked NFL Discussion: Off szn

What are you looking forward to most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao at this logic.

The corpse of Big rape > Herbert then too.
Rustle was playing at an MVP level in 2020 and the start of last season before he got hurt lmao.

Rustle was playing at an MVP level in 2020 and the start of last season before he got hurt lmao.

he played at an mvp level in 2020 for the first half of the season when everyone was hyped about “letting Russ cook” then cooled off the second half with a horrible game in the playoffs. Last year he started off good, had a couple shitty games after he returned then played decent again the last 5 games or so. On top of that this year he turns 34.

Herbert just turned 24 and coming off a great rookie year and an elite sophomore year. One is clearly trending in one direction and possibly hasn’t even hit his prime while the other is not.

Russ is still easily a top 10 qb but it’s a popular opinion Herbert has surpassed him, enough for people to “take him seriously” despite Russ having “8 playoff appearances in 10 years”

he played at an mvp level in 2020 for the first half of the season when everyone was hyped about “letting Russ cook” then cooled off the second half with a horrible game in the playoffs. Last year he started off good, had a couple shitty games after he returned then played decent again the last 5 games or so. On top of that this year he turns 34.

Herbert just turned 24 and coming off a great rookie year and an elite sophomore year. One is clearly trending in one direction and possibly hasn’t even hit his prime while the other is not.

Russ is still easily a top 10 qb but it’s a popular opinion Herbert has surpassed him, enough for people to “take him seriously” despite Russ having “8 playoff appearances in 10 years”
And the excuses keep coming for Herbert. Dude is being surrounded with an All Star team at this point, maybe he can finally make the playoffs this year. His peers have all at least accomplished that and more. But cool, he makes some insane throws in losses. Good for him.

Rustle was dragging dog shit teams to the playoffs year in and out while being hamstrung by a geriatric coach who thought you could still win by playing “smash mouth” football and never adapted his approach to the best player that franchise has ever seen.

So yes, I’ll acknowledge he’s surpassed one of the best modern QB’s when he does anything close to earning it. Maybe he has fallen off and it’ll be this year, for his sake he’d better get something started while he’s still on his rookie deal.

I am worried about it. You’ve been spending a lot of time in this thread and I don’t want you to pin all your hopes and dreams on the third best QB in the AFC West
Not even sure he’s the third best tbh. Carr had a higher player grade and WAR last season. I’d say Rustled is just about at Matty Ice levels nowadays.

And the excuses keep coming for Herbert. Dude is being surrounded with an All Star team at this point, maybe he can finally make the playoffs this year. His peers have all at least accomplished that and more. But cool, he makes some insane throws in losses. Good for him.

Rustle was dragging dog shit teams to the playoffs year in and out while being hamstrung by a geriatric coach who thought you could still win by playing “smash mouth” football and never adapted his approach to the best player that franchise has ever seen.

So yes, I’ll acknowledge he’s surpassed one of the best modern QB’s when he does anything close to earning it.

lmao what excuses? I pointed out that he’s young and getting better. If anything now you’re making excuses for rustleds old ass. You’re downplaying Herbert for “cool throws in losses” on a “stacked team” well they’re losing cuz their defense fucking sucks. They were ranked bottom 3 in the league unlike Russ who got to play with one of the best defenses of the last 20 years upon entering the league.

You know it really is a shame that Herbert didn’t jump into a borderline dynasty team full of hall of famers where he was merely asked to be a game manager for the first few years of his career and get to multiple super bowls as a result. If he did maybe he could’ve been on the wrong end of the most historic turnover in nfl history lmao.

Russ conveniently didn’t have to start to “cook” until that roster fell apart, and coincidentally he was the one putting up big stats in losses(while playing at an “mvp level”) lmfao. Yeah I agree he never had elite weapons like Keenan Allen and Mike Williams, instead he was stuck with Bums like DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett the last few years. Herbert also never had to play for a shitty coach like Pete Carrol, but elite options like Anthony Lynn and Brandon Staley.

God dizzy can’t you go more than 5 seconds without humiliating yourself.

grandpa-simpson.gif

So yes, I’ll acknowledge he’s surpassed one of the best modern QB’s when he does anything close to earning it. Maybe he has fallen off and it’ll be this year, for his sake he’d better get something started while he’s still on his rookie deal.
He just turned 24 and has played two seasons. He's not in his 9th NFL season (sorry Carr). RW very much entered the league as a game manager carried by an elite defense. He passed for less then 200 yards a game his rookie year. Herbert threw for over 5K this season. Yards is far from a perfect stat but they are in totally different situations up to this point in their careers.

Seahawks defense RW rookie year - 15.3 ppg first in the league.
Seahawks defense RW 2nd year - 14.4 ppg first in the league
Chargers All-stars this year - 27.0 ppg 30th in the league

**Seahawks defense was first in the NFL in points allowed Wilson's first four seasons in the league.

When they gonna release the Deshaun Watson news? When the news Ghislaine kills herself breaks?

No doubt that they’ll make sure it hits the wire at 6:30 the Friday before 4th of July
Can’t wait for the womens rights ads and stickers these players will wear at the nfls direction. Especially after roe v wade as they protect a misogynistic perv.

lmao what excuses? I pointed out that he’s young and getting better. If anything now you’re making excuses for rustleds old ass. You’re downplaying Herbert for “cool throws in losses” on a “stacked team” well they’re losing cuz their defense fucking sucks. They were ranked bottom 3 in the league unlike Russ who got to play with one of the best defenses of the last 20 years upon entering the league.

You know it really is a shame that Herbert didn’t jump into a borderline dynasty team full of hall of famers where he was merely asked to be a game manager for the first few years of his career and get to multiple super bowls as a result. If he did maybe he could’ve been on the wrong end of the most historic turnover in nfl history lmao.

Russ conveniently didn’t have to start to “cook” until that roster fell apart, and coincidentally he was the one putting up big stats in losses(while playing at an “mvp level”) lmfao. Yeah I agree he never had elite weapons like Keenan Allen and Mike Williams, instead he was stuck with Bums like DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett the last few years. Herbert also never had to play for a shitty coach like Pete Carrol, but elite options like Anthony Lynn and Brandon Staley.

God dizzy can’t you go more than 5 seconds without humiliating yourself.

grandpa-simpson.gif
What excuses? You’re laying them all out for him. His weapons, his coaching, his defense. It’s always anyone’s fault but his.

I didn’t even bring up Rustle’s Super Bowls, I’m just talking about beating out a coach-less, defenseless team to MAKE the playoffs lmao. Russ has been doing that with one of his best offensive lineman in his career being Okung.

I sincerely hope that Herbert can one day overcome all the bums holding him back and he gets a top HC, a top receiving duo, a top offensive line, RB, top 5 defense to finally break through and get to the playoffs.

Poor man’s Stafford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brendan The Hybrid Schaub
Back