The key to beat alex pereira handily is pretty easy

You know this sport’s in the toilet when an exciting striker comes along and fans bitch that he hasn’t been stall-wrestled
I think it’s ok to acknowledge that it happened without it being a complaint. He definitely got fast tracked but im not mad about it. Then you look at guys like beniel dariush who somehow is on like an 11 fight win streak or something and hasn’t got a shot.

It obvious to me they’re struggling to find matchups that net exciting fights for Izzy so I don’t mind a little shuffle and favoritism to make it happen

Does anyone talk about him as a long-term champ? I think he's got one job -- give us an interesting fight (especially the build-up) with Izzy. That's it.

No one expects him to last long as a champ if he wins that fight, and if he loses, I don't know if people care that much if he never fought again.

I think he's an interesting addition to the weight class for sure, and probably the highest-level striker in the UFC, so if he continues to fight after Izzy I'm all for it, but I'm not under any illusions that he doesn't have glaring weaknesses that any grappler couldn't exploit.

Pressure + fighting inside+ take down
First all I'm not a hater of this guy I just think he is not proven as an mma fighter, he just beat a couple of bums and uber drivers.. Sean strickland is a legit win but guy fought in a very stupid way
I think the best way to beat this guy is to put pressure, put him against the fence cain velasquez style and box the shit out of him in close distance body shots dirty boxing elbows then take him down, He is long so I dont think he is good fighting inside, also he cuts a lot of weight and doesnt seem to be that strong pysically.
Everyone here know that the ufc put this guy favorable matchups to fast track a title fight vs adesanya

This is pretty much the same blue print for beating Izzy. . . but no one seems to be doing it either (although Polish Power stood toe-to-toe with Izzy, won most striking exchanges, and took him down a couple times. . . I just think that the top of the division aren´t where the grapplers with the skills to beat those guys are).

That simple right?

I swear it’s almost as if some of you guys think real fighting is like Tekken or Street Fighter…
Derek brunson could follow this gameplan and beat poatan.. Just takes a good fighter

If you can wrestle him then sure, but boxing with him on the inside seems like idiotic advice. He has serious KO power in tight, and excellent knees.

Barring D1-Izzy the reality is that Izzy is going to fight like he usually fights. Stay on the outside, pick his shots and try to punish Pereira when he trys to get inside.

Maybe, but those are things that Adesanya usually doesn't do.

It's definitely the most interesting fight in that division right now so I'm glad the UFC fast tracked him.

I don’t hate on the dude, but he is overrated.
Maybe
Maybe not

I'd argue that we don't have a sufficient (MMA) dataset to make an adequate analysis of where he stands against the rest of the division.

Thanks ts, now I just need to find him
<Dany07>
Cheeky B----rd!!

Holyfield beat the fuck out of Tyson inside

Lennox and Bowe beat up all the short guys they faced on the inside, same with Fury

In MMA Jones is probably the best clinch fighter we've seen

Exactly, all those guys were boxers first (more focused on fundamental technique) whereas Tyson grew up brawling in the streets of East New York; and by the time that he fought Lennox, Tyson didn't have anyone in his life that could keep him reeled in the way that D'Amato was able to.

Re Jones: Also spot on!
The way he leans on guys and uses elbows (and knees to a lesser esxtent) so well combined with his ability to hit trips (all from the clinch) and doubles makes his style tailor made to beat guys like Pereira.

2/2
Well done!

1- easier said than done..

2- Alex has a NASTY and very crisp tight left hook, so good luck getting in there.

3- you think he hasn't been working on clinch with Glover this whole time?

I'm trying to think of who would actually threaten Alex with grappling at 185 and all I can think of is D1 Khamzat who sticks to the gameplan, or Colby can't make 170 anymore and blows up to 200 in camp to fight at 185.

Pressure + fighting inside+ take down
First all I'm not a hater of this guy I just think he is not proven as an mma fighter, he just beat a couple of bums and uber drivers.. Sean strickland is a legit win but guy fought in a very stupid way
I think the best way to beat this guy is to put pressure, put him against the fence cain velasquez style and box the shit out of him in close distance body shots dirty boxing elbows then take him down, He is long so I dont think he is good fighting inside, also he cuts a lot of weight and doesnt seem to be that strong pysically.
Everyone here know that the ufc put this guy favorable matchups to fast track a title fight vs adesanya
Heh...not sure about that. He has pretty devastating knees and is a big MW, plus he can always catch when you try to close the distance. The thing when you ar eagainst Pereira Pereira: he is pretty good at taking a beating, you gain confidence, let your hands go, everything goes well and the next second you wake up on a stretcher.

For Izzy in particular, fighting inside isn't relly an option.

Meerkat schooled Bruno against my expectations and now some questions can be raised about Pereira. I will still pick Alex to beat Izzy by KO though.

This has got to be a peak Sherdogger moment. No joke. A Sherdogger who's never done a BJJ class, who's never laced up a pair of gloves or even gone to Planet Fitness thinks it's pretty easy to beat one of the best MW fighters in the world with a 6-1 record. I mean, if it was that easy, 6 other guys would've figured this out and implemented it, don't you think?

I love it when Sherdoggers call fighters delusional for believing in theirselves and in their abilities, yet they come on here and act even more delusional and post horrendous takes like this.

This has got to be a peak Sherdogger moment. No joke. A Sherdogger who's never done a BJJ class, who's never laced up a pair of gloves or even gone to Planet Fitness thinks it's pretty easy to beat one of the best MW fighters in the world with a 6-1 record. I mean, if it was that easy, 6 other guys would've figured this out and implemented it, don't you think?
I have a boxing background man don't hurt my feelings, Angelo dundee was never a boxer and was hell of a coach.

I have a boxing background man don't hurt my feelings, Angelo dundee was never a boxer and was hell of a coach.
If it is so easy, why haven't you turned into a high level coach and coached a pro fighter to get signed by the UFC and coached them to implement this gameplan?

Last edited:
I don’t hate on the dude, but he is overrated.

he's getting a lot of attention because of izzy. there is nothing else that really warrants a title shot but it is a promoters' dream.... can't lose. even if izzy loses, and that's a big if, 185 has a number of contenders that will beat AP.

he's getting a lot of attention because of izzy. there is nothing else that really warrants a title shot but it is a promoters' dream.... can't lose. even if izzy loses, and that's a big if, 185 has a number of contenders that will beat AP.
Agreed. I do see him beating Izzy though. At least I won’t be surprised.

Back