Not doing too well.

I'm not going to look up what a lorry is, but have you thought of driving a tractor trailer???

7-Funny-Laughing-Meme-Gif.gif

A lorry is just limey speak for what you guys call a truck.

Anyone else struggling out there?

I've been trying to find a better job, but during the practical training required to get my new skills, I developed an anxiety for the role.

I just left a job interview, that I turned down relatively early on, because I'd be worse out of pocket due to having to pay £100 a month for staff parking. I'd have taken it otherwise, as experience is hard to come by for a nervous fellow like myself.

That's not all it. I'm pessimistic for the future, what I see around me, and I can't escape the feeling that no matter what I do, I'll never get respect. Everywhere I look, I'm surrounded by the bored and the miserable. There's no colour or happiness around me.

In terms of society? Community and recreation will be stripped away for all but the wealthy. The working class will just work to survive and own nothing, no home, not even a car. There will be a very clear line of ownership in the future.

I've lay in bed over the last two nights, magically finding god, praying to die in my sleep. Even thought about taking a knife to my wrists, and spent my last few woke hours watching videos on suicide on YouTube. Now I'm awake now, sitting in my Kia that's being pounded by torrential rain, listening to music on Greatest Hits Radio. I didn't get the job, it wasn't good enough, fair enough.

Oh well. Not the first time that I've felt low, probably won't be the last either. I just wish that I didn't waste so much time on it. I'm sure that others are in worse positions than I. I just wanted to vent to others a bit. Save family the hassle.

Nice. Earth Wind and Fire are on the radio. This one.

u should look into the microdossing thread sherbro.

I am no expert at all, but maybe you are suffering from anxiety...I used to suffer (5 combat deployments) in silence until I decided to talk to my doctor, a little medication and it's really like night and day, my Quality of Life drastically improved, so it might be a conversation worth having with your primary care provider.

what happens if u go off the meds? Does the anxiety come back?

"If you're going through hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill.

Career stress can seem like a bottomless pit. Things got rough for me after the great recession in the late 2000s and I fell into a depression. So I've 100% been there. The good news is you get out of it. Today my life is a Norman Rockwell painting. On a long enough time line careers tend to work themselves out. Life tends to work itself out.

You can't just snap your fingers and fix the job situation but there are things you can control today. Drink plenty of water, get your heart rate up 20 minutes a day, spend some time in the sunlight every day, avoid anger/doom based media. Eat helthy, take a vitamin. This is going to sound ridiculous, but have a cup of catnip tea before bed. It helped me with night time anxiety, and sleep is important.

And don't suffer in silence. Ask people around you for help. Find a shrink. See if there are any programs in your community that can help.

It takes time, it takes some work, but you can get through this. I'm rooting for you.

Sorry to hear this man, but please stay strong. If you find yourself thinking dangerous thoughts, reach out for professional help, immediately.

If that was a bit of hyperbole and you're not actually thinking that way, you may want to look into a meditation practice. (You might want to either way, but if you were serious your first step should be interacting with professionals.) There is a type of peace and happiness that can be found through meditation that is beyond anything you can find in the material world, and once you have found it, you can access it regardless of your external circumstances. If you have any questions on starting a practice or good resources, feel free to ask in the thread or pm me.

Yea, I've been thinking about blasting myself for years now. Came close a few times.

But I won't, because fuck the world. The reaper is going to have to come get me, I'm not gonna do his work for him.

Stick around bro, be defiant. You're not alone. Ever need to talk, PM me.
This is the attitude towards life I like.

My life is a continual journey of peaks and valleys. The peaks are pretty brief and the valleys seem endless at times. But through it all I’ve decided that the only way I’m leaving this earth is for time or crime to take me out.

Death can go fuck its face.

My pants have been up for ages mate.

I have some money. I have a roof over my head. I have a job where I can save a bit. I have a car. I put up with shit so that I don't lose things, or lose the opportunity to get things.

I know that you're trying to help. You've given me offers before, which I've appreciated. I'm just tired of fighting. I want to just be happy, in a happy place, with happy people.

I understand, do you have a lack of social interaction? You sound like you need a good night out and have some fun with people you enjoy the company of.

This is the attitude towards life I like.

My life is a continual journey of peaks and valleys. The peaks are pretty brief and the valleys seem endless at times. But through it all I’ve decided that the only way I’m leaving this earth is for time or crime to take me out.

Death can go fuck its face.

handshake-predator.gif

I understand, do you have a lack of social interaction? You sound like you need a good night out and have some fun with people you enjoy the company of.

I have the missus every day, my mother once a month and my brother and father once every few months. Shift work is usually the issue.

I'm going to see if I can drag the missus to London tomorrow. Go to China Town and eat some food. She might come kicking and screaming...

Damn dude, sounds like you’re having a rough time. Just stick it out, easier said than done I know. But you can do it. Life has its ups and downs, this is a low point but you’ll be back on top again.

I’m currently a fucking mess. Had to put down my cat, started cutting again, broke up with my boyfriend, quit my job, and having daily panic attacks. I don’t know what I’m doing anymore. But when you’re like this the future can only look bright.

Are you a criminal? Can you pass a drug test, do you really want to work? I can get you a job in America, once qualified all you have to do is get to the mainland and my company will pay you to get to the job... You won't be able to start till March if you begin the onboarding process immediately. Starting wage $21+/hr and you get paid a minimum of 16 hours of ot a week but more like 20 or even 35+ like I was working for months straight... After a year you can bump up to $26+/hr

Anyone else struggling out there?

I've been trying to find a better job, but during the practical training required to get my new skills, I developed an anxiety for the role.

I just left a job interview, that I turned down relatively early on, because I'd be worse out of pocket due to having to pay £100 a month for staff parking. I'd have taken it otherwise, as experience is hard to come by for a nervous fellow like myself.

That's not all it. I'm pessimistic for the future, what I see around me, and I can't escape the feeling that no matter what I do, I'll never get respect. Everywhere I look, I'm surrounded by the bored and the miserable. There's no colour or happiness around me.

In terms of society? Community and recreation will be stripped away for all but the wealthy. The working class will just work to survive and own nothing, no home, not even a car. There will be a very clear line of ownership in the future.

I've lay in bed over the last two nights, magically finding god, praying to die in my sleep. Even thought about taking a knife to my wrists, and spent my last few woke hours watching videos on suicide on YouTube. Now I'm awake now, sitting in my Kia that's being pounded by torrential rain, listening to music on Greatest Hits Radio. I didn't get the job, it wasn't good enough, fair enough.

Oh well. Not the first time that I've felt low, probably won't be the last either. I just wish that I didn't waste so much time on it. I'm sure that others are in worse positions than I. I just wanted to vent to others a bit. Save family the hassle.

Nice. Earth Wind and Fire are on the radio. This one.

Try to stay positive I am in a similar boat with some of the stuff you mentioned. forget about yesterday and always try to have forward thinking. The past is gone like a fart in the wind.

Back