Media Volk, "I want you all to remember this doubt...."

Vok has a real chance, I'm not discounting him just because he is a few inches shorter. Man is a true fighter, takes on a big challenge to achieve greatness, keeps improving as a fighter every time he steps into the ring. Said it from the get-go, I expect a better fight than with Charles. Volk in my mind, is tougher than Charles, will be harder to catch, is a great athlete as well.

I like this match up.

I'm not an Islam hater, but I'd love to see Volk pull it off. He's p4p for a reason. I believe he's demonstrated that he's the most improved and most well rounded fighter in the UFC at present. Fighting up a weight class against an absolute MONSTER is bold. I see Islam bullying him, but Volk has great fight IQ, speed, technique, reflexes, etc. Part of me really believes that Volk has a legit chance. And since he's apparently the underdog, I wanna see the underdog win.

If Volk pulls it off Sherdog will break.

Rooting for him, this would be a goat tier win.

Basically a midget version of GSP vs heavily upgraded Jon Fitch (albeit smaller) for the LW strap.

I could see this happening.

#1 P4P fighter.

I will get flamed for this, but in my eyes, he's the best fighter I have ever seen step foot in the cage. I'm looking forward to 284 and I'm rolling with Team Volkanovski all fucking day, let's go!

This fight feels really special to me. Like the magnitude is palpable imo, wish I could be there!

He is definitely up there as far as GOATS are concerned. Cardio, well-rounded, aggressive and game. He has all the things you want in a fighter.

He has speed advantage and thats about it

When Islam gets a hold on Volk its game over. He will grapple fuck him and trip him over and over again and leave Alex in a bloody mess

When Islam gets a hold on Volk its game over. He will grapple fuck him and trip him over and over again and leave Alex in a bloody mess
It's be funny to see if Volk can replicate a GSP and take Islam down to the mat at will and start avoiding submission attempts like his life depended on it but chances are Volk might avoid trying to do that since all of his fights have mostly been on the stand-up.

New volk video. He kind of just goes on and on about how excited he is, but here's some brief cliffs:
  • Already has a huge house filled with wrestlers and training partners from around the world. His diet has already been on point. He's been ready for a while and still has 13 weeks to get ready.
  • Islam is a challenge, and that's why he's taking this fight. He likes challenges and this one will make him grow as a martial artist.
  • He loves that there's tons of people doubting him right now -- it motivates him. He wants everyone to remember just how much he is doubted right now. He wants to prove that nothing is impossible. "once I prove you all wrong, I want you to use that as inspiration."
  • This has been the most he's spent on a camp before.
  • He's very confident that he's going to be better than ever at LW (bigger, stronger, faster etc etc)

Every comment Volks has been making since 280 is how excited he is, like we get it lol, say something interesting dude. We heard you the first 100 times.

He's not. Can't wait until fight gets closer and people who never grappled see what happens. A smaller skilled grappler has major issues with a bigger better grappler.

You can see Islam and khabib laughing at the challenge of small volk. They already know whats going to happen from a grapplers point of view.
I really wish I had more faith in Volk because he's a phenomenal all around fighter. But grapplers of Islam's pedigree just cannot be compared to the people Volk fought. I've had the pleasure of rolling with top grappler more and more recently and...fuck. People just do not understand how different these guys are with their control and transitions.

Ive got to be the only guy on here who thinks he should stfu and stay at 145. You fought the same guy three times and styles make fights the goat shit is laughable.

He is already on path to beign a GOAT, no matter what you say. He will surely finish as fw GOAT, but if he wins this… Absolute insanity. Even if he matches well skill for skill, he is obviously much smaller guy than Islam. I don’t see a way for him to win, but if he does it. He is easily entering top 10 all time for me. That is how much I think he will lose, even if I cheer for him.
Well since you say hes on the path to goat lmao... Hes not even close you guys are crazy

I really wish I had more faith in Volk because he's a phenomenal all around fighter. But grapplers of Islam's pedigree just cannot be compared to the people Volk fought. I've had the pleasure of rolling with top grappler more and more recently and...fuck. People just do not understand how different these guys are with their control and transitions.

Agree .

Ive got to be the only guy on here who thinks he should stfu and stay at 145. You fought the same guy three times and styles make fights the goat shit is laughable.
He's won 16 out of 18 rounds against Max and Aldo. No one at featherweight has much for him

He will have half an inch of reach I believe, hard to imagine with the height disparity

Volk loves it, and you're the guys he's talking about. Keep on bringing it!
Seems it'll be like Jan/Izzy where Jan was just too big and strong for Izzy to get back up like he does at MW.

Will be pleasantly surprised if Volk can pull this off.

Alexander should have no hestitation to make this fight as cheap and borring in a case like this. He is fighting a bigger guy and is at a disadvantage. If he wins in any fashion he is to be respected. I hope he wins.

I'm pretty sure volk has a better idea than us sherdoggers though. I think most people riding with volk just have some faith in the guy because he hasn't been wrong yet throughout his ufc career.

Well since you say hes on the path to goat lmao... Hes not even close you guys are crazy
Man has absolutely deleted his division and no one was particularly close, all feather GOAT candidates destroyed way easier than anyone expected, he is just that good, rarely have we ever seen that. Pure and simple facts.

12-0 UFC and 22 fight win-streak, it is legitimately harder to be better than him. He made the whole division boring and can casually move up without anyone even saying anything. He is in a very small company already.

His courage is admirable, but he is the smaller man with no KO power. His loss, as with all "superfights", is inevitable.

Jarl

Back