• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PBP PFL 2022 Championships, Fri. 11/25, 5:30 PM ET/2:30 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins it all?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Any media doing post-fight shows? Probably a stupid question considering it's PFL but I'm buzzing because this card delivered. Not $50 worth but a fun free stream

Yeah, definitely really worked on her counter grappling. TDD, Reversals, and Get Ups all markedly improved.
Plus her striking is improved, especially power and using it against wrestler types (uppercuts, knees, striking from the bottom). Pretty much improved everywhere. She's only 28 too, so there's room and time for more improvement.

If this was in UFC it seems at least 1 of 3 if not all of them would give it to Kayla. Anyone disagree?

Is judging in PFL better or they didn't want to fuck with the 1st PPV?

Bidding adiue to this thread but want to leave this little piece here.

From a July interview with Pacheco re: Ali's comments that Kayla would be favorite over Cyborg/Nunes. This reads like a Khabib assessment. It is so on point it's scary. When you know your opponent THIS well, you just have to execute your game plan and you're in w/ a great chance.

“I totally disagree [that Harrison would be the favorite against Justino or Nunes],” Pacheco stated firmly. “Besides being pioneers, ‘Cyborg’ and Amanda are complete MMA fighters. I fought eight rounds with Kayla. She is strong in what she proposes to do, apply judo in MMA, but she is not skilled in striking – not even on the ground. She is in an evolving process of MMA. The fact is that most of her opponents enter the cage afraid of her size, athleticism and all the marketing. Kayla needs to improve a lot [of her] MMA abilities to be considered favorite against these two legends.”

Excerpt from: https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/L...arrison-Out-in-2022-PFL-Finals-Matchup-187422

If this was in UFC it seems at least 1 of 3 if not all of them would give it to Kayla. Anyone disagree?

Is judging in PFL better or they didn't want to fuck with the 1st PPV?
PFL has had some bad decisions too. Rory/Tibau & a cpl of the Collard Ls come to mind. If they put on as many shows as the UFC I'm sure there would be similar judging results.

Larissa learned after watching the Kayla vs Marina fight Kayla was beatable even while in top position and she went out and proved it tonight. The PFL cash cow the self anointed Queen Kayla just got beaten off her high horse.

Plus her striking is improved, especially power and using it against wrestler types (uppercuts, knees, striking from the bottom). Pretty much improved everywhere. She's only 28 too, so there's room and time for more improvement.
I wonder if she tries to cut to 145 and move to the UFC.
Curious how long 155lb division can last.

Back