Social Transgender Megathread Vol. 2

Did you join the pronoun circus?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lupron was approved 30 years ago for use in children. It has had 30 years of post-market safety monitoring.

Bullshit. Lupron was only recently approved for children with central precocious puberty on May 4, 2020.

The other approved uses for Lupron were for prostate cancer years ago.

Studies have also shown kids on it can develop osteopenia and lost too much bone density to justify it's use. As well as potential cancer down the line.

You are absolutely ridiculous pushing for a chemical castration drug on prepubescent children. That could make them permanently infertile.

You have failed to address or refute any of the potential downsides to puberty blockers for children - lifelong infertility, cancer risk, bone density loss/early osteoporosis, possible negative cognitive effects, etc.

What world are we living in where grown adults actually think this is a good idea?

You are making a whole lot of assumptions.

And you can't take anything Blair White says seriously. She is completely full of shit.

You're the one making assumptions. That these drugs are safe - when the only evidence points to the contrary.

Last edited:
road-rage-in-canada-video.jpg
?

Bullshit. Lupron was only recently approved for children with central precocious puberty on May 4, 2020.

Studies have also shown kids on it can develop osteopenia and lost too much bone density to justify it's use. As well as potential cancer down the line.

You are absolutely ridiculous pushing for a chemical castration drug on prepubescent children. That could make them permanently infertile.

You have failed to address or refute any of the potential downsides to puberty blockers for children - lifelong infertility, cancer risk, bone density loss/early osteoporosis, possible negative cognitive effects, etc.

What world are we living in where grown adults actually think this is a good idea?

You're the one making assumptions. That these drugs are safe - when the only evidence points to the contrary.
I'm no expert obviously and actually disagree (to the best of my knowledge if it's not reversible) with trans chemical medication in minors. I don't like it one bit. But I don't know enough to be completely for or against because I'm not a medical professional and going by feeling alone. I sway pretty hard on against but I'm ill equipped to be 100%

<45>

You don't strike me as capable of rational discussion, so it seems pointless to engage with you at all.

The most liberal societies on earth are moving away from "affirmative care" yet these people are doing their best at gaslighting by making bullshit claims and accusations. Ain't that something?

She's a shitty person. She's one of those grifters who figured out she could make a living pandering to bigoted white men by selling out her community. Kinda like a trans version of Candice Owens or Dave Rubin.

I kinda really like this person. Crazy how much like a woman he she it looks. Pleasing voice and a good head on it her his shoulders. I think this person sounds very reasonable. The other person is a woman turned man ? Looks kind of like a gay man. I approve this transgender person looking to protect other people. Also totally passes the vibe check, not annoying .

<45>

You don't strike me as capable of rational discussion, so it seems pointless to engage with you at all.

I think you are trans atracted. Be a man and admit it. You wanna get D!cked by female looking males. OK I'm just f@cking with you bro. Jokes.

Most of the tiny dick transphobic losers In this thread do not give a flying fuck about trans kids, they just want to protect the status quo and the gender binary.

Pathetic hypocrites.

that doesn’t seem to be true at all. In fact, scrolling through this thread, it seems to me that both (opposing) sides want what they feel is in the best interest of the children.

I don’t doubt that there are people here who oppose treatment in children because they want to keep the status quo, but it really does not appear to be the most popular argument by any stretch.

It's really bizarre how people fall for this conspiracy crap so easily.

Only because there is an actual conspiracy, in fact the DOJ said as much.

TAP PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCTS INC.

AND SEVEN OTHERS CHARGED WITH HEALTH CARE CRIMES;
COMPANY AGREES TO PAY $875 MILLION TO SETTLE CHARGES

Boston, MA... United States Attorney Michael J. Sullivan, Department of Health and Human Services Inspector General Janet Rehnquist, Assistant Inspector General for Investigations and Director of the Department of Defense Criminal Investigation Service Carol Levy, and Special Agent in Charge of the Federal Bureau of Investigation in New England Charles S. Prouty, announced today that:

(1) TAP Pharmaceutical Products Inc. ("TAP"), a major American pharmaceutical manufacturer, has agreed to pay $875,000,000 to resolve criminal charges and civil liabilities in connection with its fraudulent drug pricing and marketing conduct with regard to Lupron, a drug sold by TAP primarily for treatment of advanced prostate cancer in men. The global agreement includes:

I won't post the whole thing, here is the part where they mention that it is in fact a conspiracy.

(2) A federal grand jury returned an indictment unsealed today, charging one physician and six TAP managers with conspiracy to pay kickbacks to doctors and other customers, conspiracy to defraud the state Medicaid programs on TAP's obligation to sell products to those programs at its best price, and conspiracy to violate the Prescription Drug Marketing Act by causing free samples to be illegally billed to the Medicare program. The indictment charges that the TAP defendants offered to give things of value, including free drugs, so-called educational grants, trips to resorts, free consulting services, medical equipment, and forgiveness of debt, to physicians and other customers to obtain their referrals of prescriptions for Lupron to Medicare program beneficiaries, in violation of the anti-kickback statute. The indictment also charges that the TAP defendants aided and abetted, and caused the billings to hundreds of elderly Medicare program beneficiaries and to the Medicare program directly, for thousands of free samples of Lupron, used in the treatment of prostate cancer, in violation of the Prescription Drug Marketing Act.

https://www.justice.gov/archive/opa/pr/2001/October/513civ.htm

Now moving on to some of the other claims Hog-Train made, such as, that side effects are permanent. Scientists from peer reviewed journals seem to agree. In this case we are talking about significant bone density reduction.

BACKGROUND
Treatment with a luteinizing hormone–releasing hormone (LHRH) agonist increases adult height in children with LHRH-dependent precocious puberty and is prescribed by some practitioners to augment height in short adolescents. We performed a randomized clinical trial to determine whether treatment with an LHRH agonist increases adult height in short adolescents with normally timed puberty.

METHODS
Fifty short adolescents (18 boys and 32 girls) with low predicted adult height (mean [±SD], 3.3±1.2 SD below the population mean) received either placebo (24 subjects) or an LHRH agonist (26 subjects). The mean (±SD) duration of treatment was 3.5±0.9 years in the LHRH-agonist group and 2.1±1.2 years in the placebo group (P<0.001). Adult height was measured when bone age exceeded 16 years in girls and 17 years in boys and when the rate of growth was less than 1.5 cm per year.

RESULTS
Forty-seven adolescents (94 percent) were followed until they attained adult height. At the time adult height was achieved, the subjects who had been treated with an LHRH agonist were older than those who had received placebo (20.5±2.1 years vs. 18.0±2.5 years, P=0.01) and were taller (standard-deviation score, –2.2±1.1 vs. –3.0±1.2; P=0.01). Analysis of covariance showed that LHRH-agonist treatment resulted in an increase of 0.6 (95 percent confidence interval, 0.2 to 0.9) in the standard-deviation score for height, or an increase of 4.2 cm (95 percent confidence interval, 1.7 to 6.7), over the initially predicted adult height (P=0.01). Treatment with an LHRH agonist resulted in significantly greater adult height than did placebo in boys and girls, in adolescents with idiopathic short stature, and in those who had a growth-limiting syndrome. The principal adverse event in the LHRH-agonist group was decreased accretion of bone mineral density (mean lumbar vertebral bone mineral density at the time adult height was achieved, 1.6±1.2 SD below the population mean, vs. 0.3±1.2 SD below the population mean in the placebo group; P<0.001).

CONCLUSIONS
Treatment with an LHRH agonist for 3.5 years increases adult height by 0.6 SD in adolescents with very short stature but substantially decreases bone mineral density. Such treatment cannot be routinely recommended to augment height in adolescents with normally timed puberty.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa013555#t=articleTop

Last edited:

Odds on this guy being autistic? Stupidly, surreally high percentage of those identifying as trans in recent times also identify as being on the autism spectrum.

This guy definitely has those Asperger syndrome eyes that just look blank/vacant. It's a look a lot people on the spectrum seem to share, those eyes.

And this guy is probably guilty because resigning over a mere accusation - especially when you are a member of THE most protected community on the planet - is a bit OTT. Unless he's knows he's going to jail and the organisation doesn't want his stench on them.

I'm no expert obviously and actually disagree (to the best of my knowledge if it's not reversible) with trans chemical medication in minors. I don't like it one bit. But I don't know enough to be completely for or against because I'm not a medical professional and going by feeling alone. I sway pretty hard on against but I'm ill equipped to be 100%

Fingercuffs in 1400s. “im not an expert on the institution of slavery. I dont know enough about it to be completely for it or against it. “

Last edited:
I won't post the whole thing, here is the part where they mention that it is in fact a conspiracy.

You post a link of one doctor being charged for kickbacks over 20 years ago and believe this is proof that all doctors, including me, are receiving payments from "big pharma" and providing services out of greed and not in the best interest of patients? Get the fuck out of here.

Now moving on to some of the other claims Hog-Train made

You mean the guy who was too dumb to figure out how to use Google to look up when Lupron was approved? He's the guy to listen to about this stuff for sure.

You post a link of one doctor being charged for kickbacks over 20 years ago and believe this is proof that all doctors, including me, are receiving payments from "big pharma" and providing services out of greed and not in the best interest of patients? Get the fuck out of here.

You mean the guy who was too dumb to figure out how to use Google to look up when Lupron was approved? He's the guy to listen to about this stuff for sure.
How many people have you convinced they aren’t trans so they didn’t get meds? Serious question

How many people have you convinced they aren’t trans so they didn’t get meds? Serious question
Would you also ask how many gays I've convinced not to be gay? What a ridiculous question.

It's not my role to argue or try to convince anyone of anything. I collect information, make a diagnosis, and provide evidence-based treatment options. I have around a dozen transgender patients. Only two are on hormone therapy and one has had gender affirming surgery.

Would you also ask how many gays I've convinced not to be gay? What a ridiculous question.

It's not my role to argue or try to convince anyone of anything. I collect information, make a diagnosis, and provide evidence-based treatment options. I have around a dozen transgender patients. Only two are on hormone therapy and one has had gender affirming surgery.
Yes some people wouldn’t be gay. Through discussions I’d expect at least a couple to not be. I’d assume the same to be true with trans people. Granted I don’t give a shit about adults and it seems that we have decided 18 (probably should really be 25 but can’t selectively apply that) to be that line legally, so after 18 knock yourself out. I do not agree with minors having surgery nor hormones.

so how many people decide not to transition at all, not just the final surgery? You should be having at least a few

You're a dishonest liar. You said Lupron was approved for kids 30 years ago when a simple search showed it was only approved in 2020. The 30 years ago was only for old men with prostate cancer. Stop being disingenuous.

Back