Is Paddy actually a draw?

Not because of his fighting ability, but because he looks & talks like a hobbit
He’s a legit draw. White men are still mmas biggest target market. White men find scousrer, hobbits, euro belonging etc all appealing
Yeah, he looks like a hobbit. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks he looks like a hobbit. Bryce Mitchell also looks like a hobbit.
With that being said, I see some talent in there and I hope he starts taking it more seriously from now on.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you said Sean was going to get smashed as soon as he fought a real fighter. And his loss to Vera didn't really impress much. Vera landed a kick, not even that hard, in the right spot and Sean's leg went dead. Until that, it was pretty clear Sean was setting him up just like he did to all the others, including Yan. Since then Sean's kick-checking has improved quite a bit, and fighters trying to land that same kick are failing and even getting tagged for their efforts. You should be thankful I'm teaching you about MMA for nothing.

I didn’t say that, that was probably just your nut hugger brained interpretation of it.

He isn't a draw because he's white. He's a draw because he has the gift of gab and isn't afraid to speak his mind. He also hasn't lost a fight in over 4 years.
He’s a draw cause his fans are white!

Today's fans are an embarrassment, I'm a fight fan and could care less who the "star" is.

I mean he kind of is a draw UK people tend to really get behind their guys regardless of their fighting ability. Look at Darren Till its the same thing no matter how many times he gets smashed people still root for him.

I got nothing against Paddy. He's an entertaining prelim level fighter. From where I stand, Sherdog hating a fighter because he is hyped is just as silly as casuals liking a guy for his accent.

The judges giving him the win in his last fight irritated me though.

Yes he is. He has used social media to really enhance his standing among casuals. Between social media, barstool, throwing his name in with the Paul brothers and everything else he has no choice but the be popular. He's also making way more money than people think outside of the UFC. It's something a lot of fighters should be doing. That said, this last fight and his reaction to it won't help and neither will losses going forward. I get the saying any press is good press, but when you're not on top casuals care less and less and less. Real casuals don't want to just be entertained, they want to root for a winner. So he has to win to maintain or grow where his popularity is at right now.

I honestly don't get how a grown man can be a fan of someone like Paddy. His haircut is stupid, everything he say is also stupid. His accent is even more annoying than Darren Till's. The only thing keeping him successful all this time is because majority of world especially sports fans are also stupid. He only has that relateable value of being stupid.

But to answer the question.... He hasn't been proven to be a star yet because he never become the main event or co-main event in PPV until this last card. We don't how his numbers perform yet.
And we never will...

He is at that point of a Conor before the Aldo fight..................in his next few fights he'll have to prove he can hang and if he can his stardom will blow up big time. He has everyone's attention just like O'Malley but to keep it he has to shock us in the cage. If he can come through in a massive moment when hardly anyone with a brain is giving him chance, then watch out he'll be a big time draw.
Conor had Max, Poirier and Mendez on his record before the Aldo fight. Poirier and Mendez were ranked. Paddy will be lucky to ever break top 15. Not even comparable.

No offense to anyone but his fan base is a bunch of white guys…
Sure he has a big fanbase of mostly white kids (I guess) because they can probably relate. A big mouth latino fighter with similar self promotion skills would be popular with latino kids too. What's even your point?

I saw a lot of fans in the audience wearing his wigs so I guess so.

Fun fact; Paddy Pimblett is far more famous than Fedor ever was in the UK.

TLDR; UK is the ultimate casual fan base

paddyd.jpg

he is a ufc hypejob cuz hes brittish and brings money in from england, first molly was exposed paddy is next.

He is at that point of a Conor before the Aldo fight..................in his next few fights he'll have to prove he can hang and if he can his stardom will blow up big time. He has everyone's attention just like O'Malley but to keep it he has to shock us in the cage. If he can come through in a massive moment when hardly anyone with a brain is giving him chance, then watch out he'll be a big time draw.

Agreed. I would say like Conor before the Mendes fight.

Everyone on these boards talk about him, and he's popular with hardcore fans (and huge in England), but does anyone really care outside of UFC fans? Is he actually a STAR???
I asked a handful of my friends who are serious sports fans and none of them had ever heard of him. They had all heard of Conor, Khabib, Liddell and to a lesser extent, Jones and Silva.
I wanna know has he actually impacted the views and PPV buyrate for this last card? Or do we just assume he's a star because Sherdog and all the websites are always talking about him.

I live in San Diego...he's somewhat known here because he temporarily lives here (unsure of the exact circumstances but hes always here). He's definitely a star in the sense he threw the first pitch at the game I went to (Padres) and the fans seem to like him.

Overall though after last weekend I just dont see where he goes from here. No one is worried about Paddy 'The Baddy' anymore in the lightweight division.

Back