News Bellator 290: Bader vs Fedor 2 (on CBS) February 4th.

As someone who's been burned by Caldwell a couple of times, do not bet on that gassy jackass lol.
Haha no, my betting days are long gone. It’s all vcash and Tapology picks for me these days. :)
But who you got on that fight? I’d love to see Mikhailov win, but I think I’m gonna have to pick Caldwell. As an unabashed Fedor fanboy, I’d love to see a Fedor Team sweep that night.

Haha no, my betting days are long gone. It’s all vcash and Tapology picks for me these days. :)
But who you got on that fight? I’d love to see Mikhailov win, but I think I’m gonna have to pick Caldwell. As an unabashed Fedor fanboy, I’d love to see a Fedor Team sweep that night.

I think Mikhailov can be competitive, I don't put too much stock into losing to Barzola, Enrique is underrated.

I was thinking about buying tickets to this but every bellator event I go to I end up disappointed. Lineup is pretty meh as well.

Nikita went to train with Gorets and guys like Kerimov since his last bout. Seems like Fedor team is branching out and going to train at different places, we even saw Nemkov train at Tiger Muay Thai and ATT before his Corey Rematch

I think it's a good move and we might see tons of improvements. Good on Fedor for not being petty that guys are going to train at different gyms to get new looks and skills

FcEvBhOXEAQQY_u
Yeah, Fedor should have spent some time for his upcoming fight at ATT, too.

Legit question, do you think the UFC and Bellator cooperate on some small level? Why choose this particular fight to fill it with Asian fighters so it wont interfere with Bellator CBS card? On past big Bellator events the UFC hasnt made an effort to compete with then either. You would think that the UFC could crush them with a big card for free on ESPN but they never do. You could argue they put their shittiest cards those days. Also, Coker and Espinoza hardly ever talk shit about the UFC and Dana. Plus, the UFC allowed Rumble and Corey to bolt to Bellator unoppossed and Bellator didnt use matching rights with Chandler to allow him to sign with the UFC.

I know Im putting my conspiracy tin foil hat but in a lot of ways it would make sense for the UFC to have some sort of controlled opposition.
No I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility. I remember specifically when Myles Jury went to Bellator he said UFC reached out to Bellator to see if they wanted him. I don’t think they’re friendly friendly but I think the only promotion the UFC really respects as a legit promotion is Bellator. They know Bellator’s platform is #2 in mma. Giving Chandler big money and vaulting him into top 5 fights showed what they thought of the level of comp he’s been facing his whole career and the fact that he earned to be where he’s at.

Legit question, do you think the UFC and Bellator cooperate on some small level? Why choose this particular fight to fill it with Asian fighters so it wont interfere with Bellator CBS card? On past big Bellator events the UFC hasnt made an effort to compete with then either. You would think that the UFC could crush them with a big card for free on ESPN but they never do. You could argue they put their shittiest cards those days. Also, Coker and Espinoza hardly ever talk shit about the UFC and Dana. Plus, the UFC allowed Rumble and Corey to bolt to Bellator unoppossed and Bellator didnt use matching rights with Chandler to allow him to sign with the UFC.

I know Im putting my conspiracy tin foil hat but in a lot of ways it would make sense for the UFC to have some sort of controlled opposition.

Those fighters were already booked for this card. It was supposed to happen in Korea.

I was thinking about buying tickets to this but every bellator event I go to I end up disappointed. Lineup is pretty meh as well.
Really? I enjoyed both Bellator events I went to (they were both Fedor fights as well), Fedor vs Mir was the most fun I’ve had at any MMA live event. Obviously, some of that had to do with Fedor being my favorite fighter and winning that night. But Fedor-Bader 1 was a lot of fun too.

edit: wait, you think this lineup is meh?? Why? Bellator 290 looks like a banger to me.

Last edited:

I imagine they are gonna announce the LW Grand Prix on the CBS card

I wouldnt be surprised to see him defend against Benson. Just because of name value and is also the least dangerous opponents of the ranked fighters (Queally doesnt count)

I literally had a dream about this fight last night.

I guess the good thing is Fedor has already trained for Bader and trained Nemkov for him. He should know what to expect and hopefully has his Sambo ready for once if it hits the ground.

Unfortunately, Bader is just a bad stylistic match for Fedor. Fedor has always done his best with guys that are big and plodding where he had the speed advantage. Blown up LHWs are going to be too fast for him and match his size since he's a small HW.

Thankfully, Bader seems to be on the downswing while Fedor has looked great lately. I still can't favor him but the fact that he was sick and injured in the first fight gives me hopes that he can put on a better performance. If he wins, it'll be my happiest moment in MMA history.

Last edited:
Of you think this is a bad Bellator card, then I guess you might as well quit watching Bellator. This is as good a card Bellator can put together.

I literally had a dream about this fight last night.

I guess the good thing is Fedor has already trained for Bader and trained Nemkov for him. He should know what to expect and hopefully has his Sambo ready for once if it hits the ground.

Unfortunately, Bader is just a bad stylistic match for Fedor. Fedor has always done his best with guys that are big and plodding where he had the speed adventure. Blown up LHWs are going to be too fast for him and match his size since he's a small HW.

Thankfully, Bader seems to be on the downswing while Fedor has looked great lately. I still can't favor him but the fact that he was sick and injured in the first fight gives me hopes that he can put on a better performance. If he wins, it'll be my happiest moment in MMA history.
So what happened in your dream??

I’ll mention this just so it’s documented somewhere, should it come to pass.

I never have dreams about MMA fights. But before the first Fedor-Bader fight, I had a dream about it. IRL I was going to that fight live, so that’s what the dream was. I went to the Forum in Los Angeles, and in the fight Fedor clipped Bader very early and grabbed an RNC and subbed him. At the time, I thought “Wow, what if this shit actually ends up happening??” Of course it didn’t happen, but their rematch is also at the same venue, the Forum in LA. What if my psychic dream brain was actually seeing the 2nd fight?

Anyway I don’t really believe that stuff, but I’ll post about it so if it does happen I can prove I’m not making it up.

Back