News Jon Jones vs. Cyril Gane. UFC 285. March, 4th (Jones Confirms in Video)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Grappling wise really it seems as much who's fight it is to lose, Gane looked bad against Ngannou but Jones hasnt really looked good in along time and I'm not convinced
Sure, but Jones' bad wrestling day is still leagues above Gane's wrestling ability. If you then add Jones' very good GnP and pretty good Jiu Jitsu, it's easy to see him get an early sub. This is assuming, of course, that Gane doesn't suddenly get much better at TDD and at managing the opponent's ground control. If he improves there, together with (probably) being the stronger of the two, that could definitely be a game changer, since Jones is no Khabib either.

Last edited:
It’s a way more winnable fight for Jones than Ngannou. Jones has never fought anyone nearly as big and strong as Francis, in his last few he was getting tuned up on the feet by 185ers and is coming in rusty after 3 years off. Ngannou would’ve walked in 280lbs, the much bigger guy, and there’s no guarantee Jon can get him down before getting decapitated or rocked by a glancing shot.

Gane isn’t a power puncher, and is a worse grappler than Francis, and smaller. Jones has way more opportunity and less risk in this fight.

I think the complete opposite. UFC need Jones to win, it'd be a disaster if the guy who just lost to Francis then won a paper championship. They've made this match up because the matchmakers know Gane can't wrestle for shit, and they think Jones will win. They're not always right when they do this kind of thing, but they normally are.

I'm picking Gane because he's a legit HW. But I would love for Jon to bring the old God back and slice him with elbows on the ground. Some vintage Jon vs Brandon Vera action.

I'm guessing Jones and his team will put on an effective gameplan, whether he can apply it or not without his usual physical advantages will be interesting. I'm still leaning towards Jones due to fight IQ and experience

Gane is just much better at every aspect of MMA except wrestling
You mean grappling? Jones is a beast on the ground.

And not sure what kind of MMA you have been watching for the past decades, but the better grappler is usually the favorite.

Jones should be able to take him down at will, it’s a really nice matchup for him

If I were Gane, I’d do my best to finish the fight. If it somehow goes to decision, he’s toast.

Gane is just much better at every aspect of MMA except wrestling.
well_there_it_is_jurassic_park.gif

Back