the joe rogan reaction to the islam vs volk....is legendary

not a Volk fan, thought Islam would win, I saw volk dominate the fight , I believe that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it...don't worry my opinion isn't going to magically change the offical outcome..it's ok
Imagine watching MMA without knowing what your looking at. Interesting.

Lots of people had it 2-2 going into the 5th

Volk took the 3rd and the second was very close.

The 5th round was the most significant of the entire fight, the ending of the fight.

Acting like people are morons for thinking volk won is just ridiculous.

Volk had a good performance,people gave him little chance. Islam has been dominant and for him to have a close fight,the likes of which people have not seen before is clouding everyone's judgement. We all love the underdog to win. Joe like always will change his opinion whenever one of the guest won't agree with him.

Imagine watching MMA without knowing what your looking at. Interesting.
yeah totally, I've been watching longer then you I bet you any money...and I also bet I'm not the only person who felt Volk won easily

Lot of mma fans like to make up their own rules and then defiantly insist their rules are the actual criteria when in fact, they are merely bobbing up and down in a sea of delusion

yeah totally, I've been watching longer then you I bet you any money...and I also bet I'm not the only person who felt Volk won easily
No, but probably the only one that thought Volk may have won all 5 rounds. Crazy.

When Joe Rogan is the smartest in a group of 4 you know you're not among a bright bunch.

Rogan's an idiot. The others are even bigger idiots.
All 4 people in that room play dumb, but they wear many masks. Deep down there's a lot more intelligence in that room than you know.

There are no idiots who reach the level of wealth and status that Rogan has.

Only idiots who think they know more than they do would think this.

You'd be a fool to underestimate anyone in the entertainment industry in general. Appearances are deceiving, as the saying goes.

But I suppose such a concept is too much to grasp, even for a human of your vast Intelligence.

I'm neutral as I like both fighters.

I scored it 3-2 Makhachev:
R1: Makhachev
R2: Makhachev
R3: Volk
R4: Makhachev
R5: Volk

same. the only way you can score it for Volk is if you give him 10-8 rds for whatever reason but there's no way he won 1, 2, and 4.

Islam relentlessly tried to progress to a submission. As Mendes and Ortega found out Volk don't play that. Last night the leveled up Volk proved that to Islam.

Every single MMA gym, competitor, and judge, will tell you Islam had the superior position and if they had to pick one of those 2 to be in that round they would pick Islam.

The only thing that stopped Islam from winning via Sub is Alexander THE GREAT fucking Volkanovski. This was round 4. Before any black eye and before any blood on Islam. He was not trying to stall. Alex was just too fucking amazing.

I prefer to appreciate what we saw. If y'all prefer to cry aite gg's.

It's the body triangle round where Islam did nothing with it but just stall while Volk punched his face behind him. People still think control/stall is scored higher than damage when it isn't. Volk even in that stall position was the only one doing damage that round. I gave that round to Volk also but I knew the judges would mess it up since many aren't updated yet on damage > control and that the stall positions aren't rewarded anymore, they have to do something in those positions to cause damage or try and end the fight with a submission. Which didn't happen in that round, Volk did all the damage in that position.

No, but probably the only one that thought Volk may have won all 5 rounds. Crazy.
fair enough..we can agree to disagree. Great win for Islam though, it isn't easy to beat Volk and he should be proud of the fight and outcome

When Joe Rogan is the smartest in a group of 4 you know you're not among a bright bunch.

Rogan's an idiot. The others are even bigger idiots.
How people view Rogan is an intelligence test of sorts. Because there are many layers to him. From the mundane to the esoteric.

Humans who form absolute convictions of the mundane, surface level characters being shown to the public really have no business speaking of intelligence. There are levels to it and you're obviously nowhere near as smart as you think.

fair enough..we can agree to disagree. Great win for Islam though, it isn't easy to beat Volk and he should be proud of the fight and outcome
I'm glad you came to your senses, no one is claiming even a possibility that Volk "may" have won all five rounds. I'm sorry to pile it on but assuming you've watched MMA before me is a reach, I mean we can trade receipts on who has been watching longer. I'd bet I've actually competed before you even heard of MMA.

How people view Rogan is an intelligence test of sorts. Because there are many layers to him. From the mundane to the esoteric.

Humans who form absolute convictions of the mundane, surface level characters being shown to the public really have no business speaking of intelligence. There are levels to it and you're obviously nowhere near as smart as you think.

You're right about Rogan being an intelligence test of sorts. You're just wrong about how to interpret the data.

Also, didn't you use to have another account and got banned? Your rhetoric sounds oddly familiar:

"Human experience is multilayered, complex, and goes beneath the surfaces of the material world and surface appearances, into the esoteric, and spiritual, to which other forms of experience grant access: hallucinogenic drugs being a paradigm example, as many ancient cultures and schools of wisdom teach. Rogan is a paradigm case of a person who can navigate the layers of human existence, from the surface level of showmanship and impressions catered for mass media audiences, to deeper, more contemplative experiences. He is a far more nuanced spirit than his detractors think..."

The sad realization is that when Rogan speaks about the 'deeper' layers or gets 'spiritual' he is even more idiotic and anodyne than when he just acts like the meathead he is.

Last edited:
The sad realization is that when Rogan speaks about the 'deeper' layers or gets 'spiritual' he is even more idiotic and anodyne than when he just acts like the meathead he is.

What do you mean by this, exactly? I've never heard anodyne be used in this context before.

I'm glad you came to your senses, no one is claiming even a possibility that Volk "may" have won all five rounds. I'm sorry to pile it on but assuming you've watched MMA before me is a reach, I mean we can trade receipts on who has been watching longer. I'd bet I've actually competed before you even heard of MMA.
I'm 37 I remeber watching Justin Eilers step in as a last minute replacement against AA for the belt, and when the camera went into the back, Justin was sweating and asked militich if he thought he could win to which Matt replied "I'm going to be honest you're not a favorite" as Matt Hughes has a shit eating grin on his face

You would have to score a bunch of fights differently looking at Aldo - Vera for example. Not sure why we are arguing this point when even Volk said he needed to get out of that position in the 4th. Would you rather have the back or have your back taken? Volk would have rather been in Islam's position than his own in the 4th, I can guarantee you that.
position only matters when effective striking are 100% equal, it says that in the judging criteria

It's not effective grappling if you get punched in the face, just like someone going for a leg lock and eating punches to the face.

Back