Boxing Discussion VIII

Tommy fury is 156+ looks crazy to me, if it goes 200+ i can see myself betting 500 , I still think Jake is an average boxer, he trains hard but still hittable , panics and throws overhands.

Ive done $450 on Tommy. Will load up more next week as he drifts more due to retarded Paul fans. My only worry is a fix. Can anyone else explain why the draw is shorter than normal?

Before betting on Tommy Fury, watch his fight with Anthony Taylor, who was 0-1 in boxing, 7-5 in MMA with a losing amateur record, and 5 inches shorter, as well as a lot lighter.

Yeah he won it easy, and he was fighting dumb

He has a really good jab, if he just jabbed and moved he wouldn't have been touched

If he comes in smart against Jake and jabs and moves, throwing his power shots sparingly he will win real easy

Last I saw, both DraftKings, FanDuel, FoxBet (NJ) and PointsBet (NJ) had removed the Paul Fury fight. Always a chance it comes back, I think I've seen it happen once before. Odd though.

And I love the narrative of "grew up in a boxing family, been doing it since age 8 or whatever, this that".. and yet he still stinks.

I think fight goes distance at -105 is the play for this one. Jake couldn't finish a 50 year old, washed, Anderson. Fury can barely finish a sandwich

Both are terrified of losing to the other and with their inexperience I expect a timid, boring fight with the odd overhand thrown. Unlikely to be a firefight (famous last words as someone gets blasted in R1 LOL).

If it goes to the judges, Fury will need to win very clearly or they'll award it to Jake...

Illunga makabu to beat badou jack ML is 1.57 on my book,
Jack is 39 and won by robbery in his last fight and not a true cruiser

do as you will

Ive done $450 on Tommy. Will load up more next week as he drifts more due to retarded Paul fans. My only worry is a fix. Can anyone else explain why the draw is shorter than normal?

What has he shown you that makes him stand out to you? At least Silva beat JCC Jr. Paul has the best win between the two.

I think fight goes distance at -105 is the play for this one. Jake couldn't finish a 50 year old, washed, Anderson. Fury can barely finish a sandwich

Both are terrified of losing to the other and with their inexperience I expect a timid, boring fight with the odd overhand thrown. Unlikely to be a firefight (famous last words as someone gets blasted in R1 LOL).

If it goes to the judges, Fury will need to win very clearly or they'll award it to Jake...

I agree with this. I think it goes the distance.

What has he shown you that makes him stand out to you? At least Silva beat JCC Jr. Paul has the best win between the two.

Silva is a legendary MMA striker, with a good boxing win as you mentioned, he is not a professional boxer. That boxing win had more to do with the shape JCC Jr was in than the boxing skills of Silva.

I am not advocating a particular side, because of the limited sample size on both guys, but don’t be fooled into believing a win over Silva in boxing is indicative of high level ability as it would be in MMA.

MMA fighters don’t throw or land enough in general to win boxing rounds. Fury simply having an active jab means he will present a greater challenge than any previous opponent of Paul.

Fury has a more favorable style for the judges than Paul. Those jabs will win the judges over. Paul got put on the back foot by Silva, he's going on the back foot against Fury.

Silva is a legendary MMA striker, with a good boxing win as you mentioned, he is not a professional boxer. That boxing win had more to do with the shape JCC Jr was in than the boxing skills of Silva.

I am not advocating a particular side, because of the limited sample size on both guys, but don’t be fooled into believing a win over Silva in boxing is indicative of high level ability as it would be in MMA.

MMA fighters don’t throw or land enough in general to win boxing rounds. Fury simply having an active jab means he will present a greater challenge than any previous opponent of Paul.

I just think its a lot more likely Fury is a fraud than Paul, which would have sounded insane 2 years ago. It's hard for me to take his jab seriously with the competition he has had.

Jake looks significantly softer and smaller than usual. This is his first fight with VADA testing. Even juiced to the tits, I think Tommy beats him all day. Jake has near non-existent footwork, a terrible jab and a big right hand. That's it. Tommy at least moves and punches like a boxer. The odds are insane imo.

Is Fury as pillow fisted as everyone is saying? Prizepicks has over/under 0.5 knockdowns for both fighters available as props. I've been adding under 0.5 for Fury with bunch of stuff today almost as a free square. This is only an 8 round fight too, right? So it lowers the chance of a knockdown due to exhaustion or something.

For those that are actually really breaking this fight down, what do you think the % chance is in reality that Fury gets a knockdown? 25%? Less? I've already used this prop with a bunch of NBA stuff but want to know if I should add more or just stay with what I have.

So looking into Fury, I was like "Wait...he has 4 stoppage wins of his 8...hold on." Aaaaaaand then I looked at who he stopped. Holy. Shit. The last two stoppage wins were over Genadij Krajevski and Scott Williams.

I am not making this up, I swear. These two have a combined pro boxing record of...

0-70

Like...how is that possible? First dude 0-47, second dude 0-23. How is that even a thing? How do you get sanctioned LOL?

If Paul actually gets knocked down by Fury, just...nah. I feel like I am FORCED to make more plays on the under 0.5 knockdowns for Fury here.

So looking into Fury, I was like "Wait...he has 4 stoppage wins of his 8...hold on." Aaaaaaand then I looked at who he stopped. Holy. Shit. The last two stoppage wins were over Genadij Krajevski and Scott Williams.

I am not making this up, I swear. These two have a combined pro boxing record of...

0-70

Like...how is that possible? First dude 0-47, second dude 0-23. How is that even a thing? How do you get sanctioned LOL?

If Paul actually gets knocked down by Fury, just...nah. I feel like I am FORCED to make more plays on the under 0.5 knockdowns for Fury here.

Boxing has such a deep talent pool. Both in good and in bad.
The term journeyman or straight up can is generally more fitting for boxing just because there are so many people competing in the sport.

Boxing has such a deep talent pool. Both in good and in bad.
The term journeyman or straight up can is generally more fitting for boxing just because there are so many people competing in the sport.

Sure I get that but...0-70 combined??? LOL how do you not just luck your way into ONE WIN in 47 pro fights LMAO?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back